Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Tacview 0.95 for FC2

Vyrtuoz

Turn rate is actually based on heading change. This is not a bug.

However I’m going to add a 3D “dogfight” turn rate in next versions if you wish.

Do not hesitate to send me requests by email or PM because I can’t think about every possible feature :).

That would be very helpful. A lot of people would appreciate it :) :pilotfly:

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Here's my batch scripts that'll switch back and forth between stock export and a Tacview enabled export. Adapt the paths in the scripts as necessary. Note that this is for Tacview 0.95.

Case, in order to get the .acmi file is it necessary to run the track in the viewer or does your tool convert .trk to .acmi?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Case, in order to get the .acmi file is it necessary to run the track in the viewer or does your tool convert .trk to .acmi?
You have to replay the track to get an ACMI file.

On most MP servers you cannot record an ACMI file because they either let you use a stock export.lua that doesn't execute Tacview, or they have exports turned off. To get an ACMI you will have to replay the track (something like temp/client-20100518-105611.miz.trk) with your local export.lua having Tacview enabled.

The batch files above are to make your life easier in switching between a Tacview enabled export.lua (for replaying tracks), and a stock export.lua (to play on MP servers).

If you want to replay tracks easily, check this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53270. It uses another batch script to replay tracks with the single click of a button, as well as enabling external views and labels.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

On most MP servers you cannot record an ACMI file because they either let you use a stock export.lua that doesn't execute Tacview, or they have exports turned off.

Yes for this it is very useful.

It would be also nice to have a .trk to .acmi converter, but I don't know if this is possible. I know for falcon someone made a tool for converting .vhs to .acmi

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

It would be also nice to have a .trk to .acmi converter, but I don't know if this is possible. I know for falcon someone made a tool for converting .vhs to .acmi
That would be sort of impossible, because a track is very specific to LockOn itself. The only way to get an ACMI from a track is to replay it, which is what I tried to make simpler with my replay batch script.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A problem I had was that after watching a replay of a track from when I was on the 104th server the acmi files were empty. So I opened up the track file in 7zip and manually changed the export config lua file to say true instead of false. thats the only way I could get it to work.

Maybe something new with 1.2.1?

A problem I had was that after watching a replay of a track from when I was on the 104th server the acmi files were empty. So I opened up the track file in 7zip and manually changed the export config lua file to say true instead of false. thats the only way I could get it to work
And this was with your local config.lua saying true as well? It might indeed be that the mission provided config.lua overrides the local one when replaying a track. I will look into it later today and include it in the one click replay scripts.

Yes my export is set to true. but the one inside the track files was set to false and no matter how I tried I couldn't export the acmi unless I changed it in the actual track files config

Ok, that seems to confirm it is still using the mission provided config.lua. I'll adapt the replay.bat script later today. Feel free to apply the change on your own installation. It would simply be to add the config.lua script to the mission file.

Ok' date=' that seems to confirm it is still using the mission provided config.lua. I'll adapt the replay.bat script later today. Feel free to apply the change on your own installation. It would simply be to add the config.lua script to the mission file.[/quote']

Thanks Case for your time to check this out. So, the 104th server includes config.lua in the mission file and and tracks recorded with the mission use the same config.lua file with global exports = false.

To manually get the track playback to produce a Tacview,

-rename the *.trk file to *.zip

-open the *.zip file and delete the config folder containing config.lua

-rename the file back to *.trk

-then replay the track

Edited by Crunch

Slightly off topic but,

Kind of curious but could you store other stuff inside the mission file such as rearm.lua so you could use a modified rearm for each different mission and the mission will force you to use the one in the mission file rather than your client's?

This could be useful in many ways.

Kind of curious but could you store other stuff inside the mission file such as rearm.lua so you could use a modified rearm for each different mission and the mission will force you to use the one in the mission file rather than your client's?

Check this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54169

Rearm.lua as part of the mission file was pushed for, but not implemented (so far). Would be great if it was.

To manually get the track playback to produce a Tacview,

-rename the *.trk file to *.zip

-open the *.zip file and delete the config folder containing config.lua

-rename the file back to *.trk

-then replay the track

I have adapted my one click replay batch script to do this automatically:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53270

I would suggest people update the script or download the latest version from that thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I had .94 working but now I tried to get .95 to work and it will not. I tried using the same method and files I did before the patch, thats probably why it won't work. Can someone please upload the edited export files so I can get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I got it to work Crunch, but I can't get the trk to record a tacview trk. I seen the instructions you posted on how to get a 104Th Sever trk to beable to produce a tacview trk, but I have no clue how to do it, your instructions were alittle confusing to me.

Also I failed the 104th IC after installing tacview and changing the config and export files to allow tacview to work. I was ok after I deselected the record FC2 in tacview.

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I got it to work Crunch, but I can't get the trk to record a tacview trk. I seen the instructions you posted on how to get a 104Th Sever trk to beable to produce a tacview trk, but I have no clue how to do it, your instructions were alittle confusing to me.

Also I failed the 104th IC after installing tacview and changing the config and export files to allow tacview to work. I was ok after I deselected the record FC2 in tacview.

My instructions were not for Tacview. My instructions were for watching a track replay that has externals off and turn externals on manually. You can do this in automated way as well with LOTU

To get a Tacview, simply play back the track even if externals are disabled. With Tacview turned on to record, it will make the track as you play it back.

Tacview works, but some of the servers IC downloads turn it off.

e.g. I flew in the 3Sq server, thier IC mod disables Tacview. Afterwards I flew a SP mission, then went to see what I did wrong. (got shot down), No Tacview. I had to go back to Modman to uninstall the 3Sq IC check, to have Tacview again. Never tried Tacview in the 104th, maybe they also disable it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]