Leavu+ERI 2.1 release

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello yoda if you need help in creating 3D models of instruments contact me by MP. It would be great for me to help! :thumbup:

I've made an Angle-of-Attack indicator control for LEAVU2 but I haven't 'skinned' it with a texture yet. It also has indicators for all the controls (speedbrake, hook, gear, flaps, canopy, wheelbrake) useful for doing carrier takeoffs and landings (which I use when doing US-style landings with the F/A-18F and F-14D in the VNAO FC2 mod).

However the interface I made it is even less beautiful than the A-10 and desperately needs some love graphically. Would making a skin for this be anything you are interested in?

You can reply here (which would let everyone know that such a thing would be coming) or PM me (if you want to decline, which is no problem since there is no pressure if this doesn't interest you).

• 4 weeks later...

yoda, well done.

just have to share how excited i am to see leavu2 running on my pc,

and would like to simply say thankyou for a magnificent addon to FC2

using win 7 64 (so far local only)

following the instructions

i installed the client

copied the config/export files to fc2

copied the client dll's to win7/syswow64

installed the jre

got the error so found the missing msvcr100.dll to win7/syswow64

(link for that file in the 1st post of this thread)

started up the leavu2.jar

opened 3 mfd's and connected to sim

saved positions with the leavu2 preset function

started FC2 and they all came to life, thankyou very much.

for anyone with a th2go where you either need to look down or sideways to see these instruments,

leavu2 on a second (4th) screen is definitely something you need to try :thumbup:

Edited by G3

Sorry, but could someone tell me how make it work in FC1.12b ????

best regards,

Ариел

Edited by aap_flanker
error tiping

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

You can't unlesss you modfy it you need the original version for FC1 this version is for FC2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

You can't unlesss you modfy it you need the original version for FC1 this version is for FC2.

thanks for your answer.

you'll do me a BIG favor if you tell me where I can found it (may be you have seen it for there) :helpsmilie:

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

got a question for win7 users,

i would like to have the leavu2.jar pinned to the taskbar

i have all other things like ch software, trackir and game shortcuts down there

for easy 1 click startup and i would like to have the same thing with the leavu2.jar

but it complains when i try to pin it and "computer says NO" :)

in the attached image there are 4x mfd's

from left to right,top to bottom FCR, RWR, stores and HSD

the bottom right mfd is set to display the hsd

this view is pure gold and so far something i am finding very helpful

the HSD shows the plane is slightly left of the intented route

so you can zoom in and use it for nav, similar to the sharks abris

the scale is set to 20 so you can see the radar is set at 10 with a bandit to the right.

having the HSD and the FCR both displaying on mfd's

really is helping me to understand the radar and where it is scanning,

not to mention the brilliant features added by ERI

heres a screenshot of fc2 on the laptop 1280x800

with 4x mfd's on a second screen @ 1280x1024

(top screen was taken by in game screenshot, while the bottom half was a screendump

so the timeline is slightly off between the two but not much)

leavu2.thumb.gif.fd5bc7d40463d09afaeb92375ead31c1.gif

Edited by G3

Cool, people are still using leavu :).

I havent played much fc2 or other sims for that matter like BS or F4

since I came home from LLTM. Sort of started looking for someting

else, and ever since 27th july i've been stuck on starcraft 2, spending

most of the time on it when I'm not @ work.

Havent looked at leavu code in months, but it was a nice way to learning java.

I think someone asked before why I did this in java, well, much less development

and debugging time than cpp, and only mariginally slower. The only thing i dont

like about it is JOGL, which is a disaster in terms of efficiency of how it is made imo.

Of course, in the future leavu could move to jogl 2.0 which should be far better, or

just use a different graphics engine alltogether. My old Direct3D implementation could

do several hundred instruments at once while the jogl1 one can only do about 50.

Luckily it is a matter of jogl itself and not leavu, so once someone hooks up jogl2 instead

to it, that number should increase significantly.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

still using it,

not sure how i ever did without it, unless you're meaning plain leavu for fc1

this program is pit builders delight,

i for one would love to see it's development continued

with more community input

Bvioash is looking at extending ERI - although it doesn't seem like any major server will support it as it requires a mod to be installed and most servers want to allow "plain vanilla" LockOn to connect.

I have done an Angle-of-Attack control for Leavu2 but have not released it (have not put on bitmap skins yet). This is useful for carrier landings in VNAO aircraft.

Some of the limitations of LockOn (eg. HSD not updating if not in primary nav mode) could/are easily overcome by Leavu2. Yoda did a fantastic piece of work.

Moa,

great to hear work on leavu2 instruments is still progressing,

very interested to learn more on how you created the AOA indicator.

already we have an adi ball,

do you think it is possible to get all the main gauges working such as alt, adi, hsi,speed,fuel etc.

here's a few pics of my concept of a virtualpit from left to right

pic1

laptop running fc2 on a second screen above

the laptops screen running 3x leavu2 mfd's over the top of a cockpit screenshot :)

blackened the top corners where you could see the ground/sky

you can see where this is going i hope

(think leavu2+lovp+touch-buddy/pal)

pic2

leavu2 and fc2 running on one screen

fc2 set @ 1280x342 (same aspect as th2go scaled down to fit 1 screen)

leavu2 displaying fcr, rwr and hsd

note: you can see the nav route and the position of the tdc within the selected radar scan cone, both of which i have found can be very handy

pic3

same as above with f2 view of a dying eagle and displaying the weapons on the 3rd mfd

to get the cockpit screenshot in the first image i had to manipulate the view position,

editing view/server.lua was the trick to get it all looking square.

and i plan to take a similar cockpit screenshot using the full resolution of the th2go

all mfd's were created to be frameless and a quick edit of the key bindings allows for all 3

or more mfd's to be controlled without the buttons

Q. when you create a button-less mfd, you first postion and size it,

is it possible to edit the position and size after it's creation?

leavu2stack.thumb.jpg.dc253ff712e174ebd92c121f8110a5ea.jpg

18.jpg.dfff3d95004d33a615d34de7f81deed0.jpg

19.jpg.0b57951a4ca84270a125bf80efc9cbf2.jpg

Edited by G3

Yoda:

Excuse me, but how can I make it work in FC1???

Best regards

AAP

Yoda:

Excuse me, but how can I make it work in FC1???

Best regards

AAP

The short answer is: you can't.

The long answer: All the data leavu requires isnt available from fc1 exports.

You can "fake" some of the data by using global exports, but then again that wont work online.

To do this you would need to code your own custom output script and connect to the leavu

through tcp sockets.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Q. when you create a button-less mfd, you first postion and size it,

is it possible to edit the position and size after it's creation?

Not directly, but you can save your instrument setup as a preset (it is then coded as a text file),

which you can edit positions and resolutions in if you want to fine tune it afterwards.

perfect thanks Yoda, :thumbup:

editing the preset worked a treat, with some other handy options in there too

found the frameless mfd's can reduce down to around 300x300

the adi can go lower like 150x150 which makes it fill the hole nicely

the realtime speed and smooth operation of leavu2 instruments is impressive

is it simply the online server IC that is holding back development of other instruments

from the community, i would have thought this app was like a total dream come true

for many users.

Edited by G3

perfect thanks Yoda, :thumbup:

editing the preset worked a treat, with some other handy options in there too

found the frameless mfd's can reduce down to around 300x300

the adi can go lower like 150x150 which makes it fill the hole nicely

the realtime speed and smooth operation of leavu2 instruments is impressive

is it simply the online server IC that is holding back development of other instruments

from the community, i would have thought this app was like a total dream come true

for many users.

I think it is the complexity of its design that makes it difficult for

people to grasp what it is. It is really, building instruments from

scratch and displaying output from raw data, coordinated between

several different threads. It isnt dependent on what sim you run,

here is where most people lose it I think because they don't see

that the data export is a completely separate part from leavu itself.

Export thread(game lua) -> leavu receiving/internal state updating thread -> rendering thread

I think maybe if id had some more experience with programming java/lua when i started

the project it could have been made simpler to understand and more simply programmed.

This was my first experience programming an openGL engine and also virtually my first

java application beyond the ordinary java tutorials. The original Leavu 1 was my second

experience with cpp after AMRACT (server side triggers in Fc1), and with leavu2 I switched

to java for the cuts in development times

Unfortunately I think most people that know 3d modelling in this community are not into

programming, so having to work with actual code could have scared them.

Example: The Leavu RWR. It is a fully functional rwr module built into the leavu program.

It doesn't just display data exported from lockon - it has its own actualy rwr state and makes

threat assesments. Then it just uses whatever data source you provide it with. Currently

it doesn't do much more than just replicate the ingame rwr(with diff backgrounds possible)

and give you the possibility of threat type specific sounds (for example mig29 sounds different

than f-15). It could however in theory easily be integrated with the leavu FCR (which is not just a display,

but an actual instrument maintaining its own state)

I halted my own development with eri/leavu partly because parts of the community got too scared,

otherwise maybe we'd have f-22 avionics by now :)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

thanks for the insight, it's beyond my knowledge so i see what you mean,

it's a real pity as i love all the community built external apps

usually just getting it all working is enough for me to celebrate :D

update:

now running leavu2 in client/host mode across the lan

enabled exports and away it went, lovely.

Edited by G3

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to dig this thread up but is there anywhere I can get a copy of this? All links on the first page are dead. Was hoping to be able to use this.

links fixed, my webserver was down

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

we (our virtual squadron VJS-161) would like to run the data link host of LEAVU/ERI on a virtual LINUX Server.

The first try was successful, the start of the host via command line works.

We want to support both sides, Blue and Red for training purposes. Is there any chance to run the host file with some arguments or a preset file like the client?

Alpha_VJS-161

• 2 weeks later...

Hail Yoda, I just try LEAVU 2.1 and it works great!

But I have a big problem. I use USB-powered 8inch sub monitor and they use displaylink chip and ca't display graphics that generated by D3D. LEAVU looks great in my main monitor, but when I drag them to the sub monitor they gone blank. If there are any possibility to export them as 2D graphic like in BS?

Hail Yoda, I just try LEAVU 2.1 and it works great!

But I have a big problem. I use USB-powered 8inch sub monitor and they use displaylink chip and ca't display graphics that generated by D3D. LEAVU looks great in my main monitor, but when I drag them to the sub monitor they gone blank. If there are any possibility to export them as 2D graphic like in BS?

Unfortunately no, leavu's entire graphics engine is based on OpenGL 3D. Btw i didn't answer the earlier poster's question here because I did in a PM instead :). However I do not quite understand why it cannot display it: Does it not have a dvi or vga cable? is it ONLY usb?