Su-33 model

Yuya6104

Community need more help from ED for the making of more great mods...

But i'm pretty sure that's not in their plan to make tools available to the community...

And i'm not very sure lock on or DCS is modable easy as we think, make Hud and make the programmation... hours and hours of work for a realistic model...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

Community need more help from ED for the making of more great mods...

But i'm pretty sure that's not in their plan to make tools available to the community...

And i'm not very sure lock on or DCS is modable easy as we think, make Hud and make the programmation... hours and hours of work for a realistic model...

I am getting more and more to think same - releasing tools for the community isn't in plans. For getting reasons every should use brain ^^

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hi,

yes- the missiles at the wing tip pylons will not follow if the wings folding up and down. I think that these issues are still the maintain problem why nobody starts to rebuild the Su-33.

I`m not pretty sure but it could be possible that I pointed it out how it works:

I used an F-18 model to replace the su-33. But you can do it with every model wich having folding wings.

After some approaches I had the idea to set "points" near at the missile rails and named them "pylon1", "pylon2" and so on.

After that I linked these points with the misiles rails wich was still linked with the wings. However: I used the argument "8" to animate the folding wing sequency and imported it into FC2. And it works!

So if I can do it with an F-18 model, every can do it with a Su-33 model so the way is free to build it correctly

Hope, it helps anybody ...

My very best wishes,

TOM

djkhsdhsdiasd.jpg

screenshot204u.jpg

Edited by TOMCATZ
  • Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

No, 3GO have no any plan about Su-33 right now

the 3GO`s Su-27 Modder have no time ...........

不,3GO目前没有任何关于Su-33的计划

3GO的SU-27作者没有时间........

理解

あなたはファントムありがとうございます3GO :thumbup:

it's a waste of time and hard work to start modelling su-33 from scratch. 3go guys could modify their mod easily or at least borrow the file to someone who has the time to add some little modifications. my opinion..

Or somebody can just buy a model, can hand it to whoever modeler,to convert it to LOM and handle the animations.As we will not use for commercial purposes, i don't think there will be any copyright block in front of release.

BTW my friends, i'm thinking to do this for F-15E ; a model became non-released legend.I will open soon a thread here or there to see if anyone eager to participate.

Edited by Ryback
punctuation

• 4 weeks later...
There's also the added problem of the folding wings and the weapons not moving with them, i recall TOMCATZ running into that snag with the Su-33 he created.

If you are making a new Su-33 model which has same size, ground (tyre) points and wingtips coordinates! then you will see moving missiles @ wingtip. Of course you must use Arg8 for fold wings.

I dont really know how wingtips works in .cmd files but i repositioned the factory Su-33.cmd wingtip coords.

This coords (differ from original) good for R-73 but not for (Sorbcija.cmd) ECM pod.

Problem: R-73 diameter differ from Sorbcija diameter (larger) but program use the center coords of models so ECM pods reach wings while R-73 only the wingtip rails.

So if someone is making new Sorbcija pods, he needs to make two -for left and for right wings too with different coords of the model using these Su-33 pilon coords:

pylon(1, 0, -2.073000, 0.150600, -7.283800,

pylon(12, 0, -2.073000, 0.150600, 7.283800,

Otherwise R-73 wont connect to wingtip rails correctly.

LOM is different like F/A-18A

There is a ConList in the .lom file (connector list) which tells coordinates of pylons and lights

so if you named the wingtip pilons to hardponit-1 and hardpoint-9 in the new .lom 3d object then program will move weapons with wingtip hardpoint coordinates if you fold wings.

ED's F-18A hardpoint-1 coords: (-2.071,0.0280006,-5.822) right wingtip

hardpoint-9 coords: (-2.071,0.0279998,5.822) left wingtip

ED's F-18C hardpoint-1 coords: (-2.071,0.028,-5.822) !

hardpoint-9 coords: same as in F-18A.lom

Does not matter what you write into F-18A, F-18C.lua the plyon coordinates used from .lom file not from this .lua file if the model is LOM.

So if you make a new LOM model with moving pilons (F-111, Tornado too) you need to use hardpoint-x names for these pilons

DCSW is differ moreover. For pilon positions there is a row in F-18C.lua: use_full_connector_position = true,

if this option true program will use the pilon coords from .lom file

if this option false program will use the pilon coords from .lua file - just like in FC2 with .cmd models

so lets hope we will get this "use_full_connector_position" option in the merged (after compatibility patch) DCSW/FC2 coz DCSBS/FC2 does not able to use now this option/command by the program (by .dll files)

Wrong F-18 pilon coords in FC2: you can see here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57093&highlight=pylon

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist