New user! Not sure where to go from here

Noble

Hello, I just bought the A-10 game 2 days ago through steam and am not sure what I need to do in order to update the game to the most current version. It came with version 1.1.1.1 and I was reading its now at 1.2.1. And I was also reading that I need to download DCS world, I really need someone to guide me step by step so I can be updated here. Oh, and one more thing, since I bought A-10 through steam how do I get the serial number and such for the game I bought? Sorry for my ignorance and for asking so many questions in my first post. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Hello, I just bought the A-10 game 2 days ago through steam and am not sure what I need to do in order to update the game to the most current version. It came with version 1.1.1.1 and I was reading its now at 1.2.1. And I was also reading that I need to download DCS world, I really need someone to guide me step by step so I can be updated here. Oh, and one more thing, since I bought A-10 through steam how do I get the serial number and such for the game I bought? Sorry for my ignorance and for asking so many questions in my first post. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello, and welcome to the forums. There are a few steps that you will need to follow in order to get your game working with the latest version of DCS World.

1. Open Steam and navigate to the games library tab.

2. Right click on A-10C and select the item labeled 'view CD key' (Copy that key down somewhere, you will need it.).

3. Follow each of the links below (two of them), and download everything on those pages.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=136&lang=en

4. After the downloads are completed, install DCS world FIRST.

5. When the World installation completes, you may install the A-10C module that you just downloaded from the Eagle Dynamics website. (Make sure you install the A-10C module after the world install is finished.).

6. Start up world, and launch any quick mission. It will ask you for your A-10C CD key that you copied down earlier.

**Note**: Do not use Steam to install any part of this package. The Steam version is out of date, and not in any way, shape, or form compatible with the current release. Uninstall the Steam version of A-10C and forget about it, only using it as a reference to your CD key for future re-installations of DCS World.

You will also need to create an account at http://Digitalcombatsimulator.com/ if you wish to play online. This is the same account that you will use for connecting to the master server.

Edited by Pyroflash
  • Like 1

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Thanks for the quick response

Unless you have problems with Harddrive space I would keep the steam ver. were it is. As there are issue with the latest ver of A-10 on some systems.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

**Note**: Do not use Steam to install any part of this package. The Steam version is out of date, and not in any way, shape, or form compatible with the current release. Uninstall the Steam version of A-10C and forget about it, only using it as a reference to your CD key for future re-installations of DCS World.

Does this mean that the downloads in the link are for the game and that my Steam Key will activate the game? I know it reads like that and it probably is that, but it is a few GB's to download and I just want to be sure I am doing the right thing here.

Thanks.

It's been noted many times in other threads that the steam key will work fine with the ED download.

Going with the ED download will give you the best option since it's from the makers.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Does this mean that the downloads in the link are for the game and that my Steam Key will activate the game? I know it reads like that and it probably is that, but it is a few GB's to download and I just want to be sure I am doing the right thing here.

Thanks.

Correct, just as Pyroflash mentioned, you'll need to download DCS World and then the Warthog module which he so nicely linked to

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

• 1 month later...
I also got A10 from steam and found my cd key..however on Steam it only shows most of the key with "..." at the end indicating that htere is more to the key. I have NOT been able to find the rest of the key....any HELP, Please?

I think that same screen should have a Copy to Clipboard button. If you click on the key then click on the button, you should be able to paste the key to a text document. Open up Notepad and press Ctrl+V. That should show you your entire key.

Got it Skall...thanks a lot.

Now when I try to install the latest a10 from Dcs , it says it can't install version 1.2.2.7286 to older version 1.2.2.7204 even though I have had version 1.2.2.7286 installed since 11/10.

Any thoughts?? Do I need to delete Dcs world and all of my modules and saved games and then reinstall?

If you already have DCS World installed, run the DCS World Updater (If I remember correctly it is a different program with a green icon instead of grey). That should make sure your DCS World is the latest and will make it compatible with the latest A-10C module.

EDIT:

Yeah, it has a green icon. If you can't find the shortcut on your desktop, it can be found in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin and it is called DCS_updater.exe

HI.

Srry for hijaking this forum but I have been out for so long cause of moving from country to country that I lose my privilege for posting. "by the way srry for the typos in advance :)"

Hope you can help me out cause I have the same problem only I bought DCS A10 a long time from the real website.

So just one quick question. I have DCS A10 in my pc right now I don't have it in front so dont know what version is but, I want to get back and I dont know what updates I need. I have read ramdon stuff about "I need DCS world in order to use propertly DCS A10" is this true?

Is it easy to just download again the lates DCS A10 and istalled again or go patch by patch?

Anyways, any light you can give me would be truly appriciatted.

Thanks, Crazyowl.

If you need more info by the time I fly tomorrow to my home I can answer everything. Hope to get back in the air and learn to fly it again.

If you want all of the latest updates and patches and you want to play online with the rest of the community, then yes, you will need DCS World. A while back Eagle Dynamics converted all of their titles (A-10C, Black Shark) to DCS World modules. This reduces code and asset redundancy for people that own multiple titles and allows players with different modules (or aircraft, in this case) to play online together. So if you only own A-10 and you have a friend that owns Black Shark or Flaming Cliffs 3, heck or even P-51D, you can both play together using the aircraft each of you owns.

If you purchased A-10C before the DCS World days then I recommend you uninstall it and download and install DCS World and A-10C from the Modules section of the DCS website. DCS World is free and comes with a free plane (the Su-25T). When you first launch a mission from DCS World as the A-10C, you will be asked for your game key. You can get your key from your purchase e-mail or by logging in to the DCS website with the account you made when you first purchased it from them.

DCS World makes things more convenient for both ED and the player base. It also automatically checks for updates once a day the first time you run it and it updates all of your modules.

HI.

Srry for hijaking this forum but I have been out for so long cause of moving from country to country that I lose my privilege for posting. "by the way srry for the typos in advance :)"

Hope you can help me out cause I have the same problem only I bought DCS A10 a long time from the real website.

So just one quick question. I have DCS A10 in my pc right now I don't have it in front so dont know what version is but, I want to get back and I dont know what updates I need. I have read ramdon stuff about "I need DCS world in order to use propertly DCS A10" is this true?

Is it easy to just download again the lates DCS A10 and istalled again or go patch by patch?

Anyways, any light you can give me would be truly appriciatted.

Thanks, Crazyowl.

If you need more info by the time I fly tomorrow to my home I can answer everything. Hope to get back in the air and learn to fly it again.

Thank you so much for your help!!!...I deleted the Steam install, and then applied the updater..works like a charm.

This is a great forum to exchange ideas and hints...many thanks to you Skall and also DCS

No problem. This is a very helpful and solid community. I'm pretty new to DCS games and combat flight sims in general so there's a lot I'm still learning and the community has been instrumental for that. Make your best effort to figure things out from the manual and training missions but if you do get stuck, you'll find plenty of help here.

Hi all.

I just downloaded and lunch the .exe and in the Bazar file part I'm having this all sort of errors:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS

World\Bazar\Liveries\A-10C\Fictional Georgian

Grey\A-10C_GRG_1-j.dds

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:

The source file is corrupted.

Abort:Work, Retry: Dont work, Ignore: Do what it does but keeps trowing me all more typre of errors all coming from the Bazar file. I quick after the 20. :(

Any Help, could the files be corrupt? I downloaded from the DCS page all fro HTTP: USA

Can anyone assists, THANKS. <S>

Crazyowl

I would try downloading the file again. Try the FTP site. Most modern browsers should treat the FTP link the same as the HTTP one. Looks like something funny happened during the download.

Hi all.

I just downloaded and lunch the .exe and in the Bazar file part I'm having this all sort of errors:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS

World\Bazar\Liveries\A-10C\Fictional Georgian

Grey\A-10C_GRG_1-j.dds

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:

The source file is corrupted.

Abort:Work, Retry: Dont work, Ignore: Do what it does but keeps trowing me all more typre of errors all coming from the Bazar file. I quick after the 20. :(

Any Help, could the files be corrupt? I downloaded from the DCS page all fro HTTP: USA

Can anyone assists, THANKS. <S>

Crazyowl