Can not trim Spitfire nose down

Xeon
Go to solution Solved by unmar,

I have been flying the Spitfire recently and I cannot seem to make it stay level. I am applying full nose down trim and I cannot seem to get it to keep its pitch level. I have checked the pitch axis on my joystick and it is fine and I have played with the curvature on the axis to no effect. Any help would be much appreciated:thumbup:.

I have been flying the Spitfire recently and I cannot seem to make it stay level. I am applying full nose down trim and I cannot seem to get it to keep its pitch level. I have checked the pitch axis on my joystick and it is fine and I have played with the curvature on the axis to no effect. Any help would be much appreciated:thumbup:.

Is the trim indicator and the trim knob moving?

If not, check your keybindings

Hi,

A reinstall of a module does not overwrite the settings under C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\MODULExyz

Make screenshots from your axis-settings / Joystick - keyboard commands

Save the folder C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\Spitfire

Delete the folder C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\Spitfire

Start DCS and configure your axis and the necessary Joystick - keyboard commands for testing your problem

If this does not solve your problem, you can copy back C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\Spitfire

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/501/My input devices don’t work ( joystick axes work incorrectly, buttons click don’t work, etc.) What should I do?

First of all you should reset input settings to the original. You should rename or delete folder with user input settings (C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS[Open Alpha, Beta]\Config\Input), then launch the game, open control settings, configure your input settings again and click “Ok”. After that a new user folder with current settings will be created

Hi,

A reinstall of a module does not overwrite the settings under C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\MODULExyz

Make screenshots from your axis-settings / Joystick - keyboard commands

Save the folder C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\Spitfire

Delete the folder C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\Spitfire

Start DCS and configure your axis and the necessary Joystick - keyboard commands for testing your problem

If this does not solve your problem, you can copy back C:\Users\ xxx \Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\Spitfire

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/501/My input devices don’t work ( joystick axes work incorrectly, buttons click don’t work, etc.) What should I do?

First of all you should reset input settings to the original. You should rename or delete folder with user input settings (C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS[Open Alpha, Beta]\Config\Input), then launch the game, open control settings, configure your input settings again and click “Ok”. After that a new user folder with current settings will be created

Thanks for your help sadly didnt work. I am sure it is something with my controls though as I tired it with no engine power and it will still violently nose up

• 5 years later...

You probably have "game flight mode" turned on in gameplay options. Warbird trims are animated but non-functional in such case. You need to go full simulation mode to be able to use them.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Double binding or not, the plane should react correctly to trim inputs if game flight mode is really off and non-FFB joystick is used (as in this case allegedly).

@unmar Post a short in-flight replay track so that we can take a closer look at what happens.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

double binding most likely... using axis or buttons for trim?

check your elevator binding/input, brakes, trim wheel etc

have TM Warthog as well, no issues

TM Warthog MFG TIR5 GT Omega Pro/ButKickerx1/WheelStandPro Playseat/ButKickerx2