The small things that bother me about the F-14.

Airhunter

While the Tomcat is by far the most immersive, fun and rewarding plane to fly in DCS there are still some smaller "visual" things (apart from the random CTD's every now and then), which I assumed were an easy fix for the first couple of patches. I am not sure how high up on the priority list those are atm but I really do hope they get fixed up quickly to move on to system fixes and more important stuff.

Those things consist of:

- The ITT engine temp reading which should be EGT in the -B Tomcat. (I again assume this is only a visual thing and does not require to adjust the scale)

- The fact that the ejection seat arming handle is always "disarmed" in the mirrors. Setting it to always be armed in said mirrors would be a much better solution.

- The AUX and Accumulator brake pressure gauges behind the stick are always in the red zone and dont seem to be simulated.

- Also, the helmet visor handles on the pilot's helmets are the wrong way around. The "star shaped" visor handle should be down on the rail (above one's forehead) if the visors are down.

(See attached pictures)

This is no real complaint or call for urgency but merely a post so that the devs are aware of this and also a way to get some feedback on whether these things are an easy fix or not.

Screen_190420_221026.thumb.png.2abf8b58635b42d6d605fd2df82e052c.png

Screen_190420_221033.thumb.png.a4ea0a659ff3667b1e03058add4b8570.png

Screen_190420_221049.thumb.png.bc9d9e13d3999c8e9703589b48ccf57c.png

- The ITT engine temp reading which should be EGT in the -B Tomcat. (I again assume this is only a visual thing and does not require to adjust the scale)

We have the A model engine panel in this cockpit, I think it's a known issue.

I could be mistaken, but I thought someone explained the ITT marking being due to our Tomcat being modeled after a -B upgrade, which would have previously been an -A model.

True, what we have is an A+, which was later refered as the -B. Still, the engine swap out would mandate a respective gauge/instrument change, as the F110 limitations are based on those.

HB already has acknowledged pretty much all of these to be fixed during EA

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Also screens show-through symbolics of other screens and gauges, like here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=206470&stc=1&d=1552691860

And quite critical - our airspeed indicators don't show less than 80 knots...

But these, like helmet knobs are known and acknowledged bugs, I also hope to see them resolved soon...

I am not sure how high up on the priority list those are atm but I really do hope they get fixed up quickly to move on to system fixes and more important stuff.

"Please fix these nitpicks of minimal importance before getting the big CTD/Jester/TWS Auto stuff out of the way!"

Simmer down, Hoss. They proceed in an orderly fashion.

And quite critical - our airspeed indicators don't show less than 80 knots...

Because the indicator quite literally, and physically, doesn't show less than 80 knots.

"Please fix these nitpicks of minimal importance before getting the big CTD/Jester/TWS Auto stuff out of the way!"

Simmer down, Hoss. They proceed in an orderly fashion.

I mean, sure but those are system related issues, those I pointed out are of a purely visual nature. I doubt the same guy working on TWS, Jester etc. will be working on the visuals/modelling as well.

I mean, sure but those are system related issues, those I pointed out are of a purely visual nature. I doubt the same guy working on TWS, Jester etc. will be working on the visuals/modelling as well.

So you already know the team acknowledged the bugs and things are WIP. What else do you need? Exact fix dates maybe?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria