REQUEST: Direct keybind or top-level menu item to ask Jester to jettison tanks

Bearfoot

It seems insane to have to drill down two-levels of menus to get there especially when in the middle of a hard turn toward a bandit. I guess a good human RIO would do it automatically? Even if not, it should just be a instant command "drop bags!" or something. p.s. it also seems a bit misleading to go to some sort of "radar" menu item to get to this command. It would be nice if we had a keybind exposed to command this (through Jester) instantly, failing that maybe move this to a top level?

If you're dropping tanks in the middle of engagement you're doing it wrong. Think ahead. Otherwise if you got ambushed use ACM jettison button.

There is already the option to drop the tanks in the main Jester menu when you're WVR.

Why the option is in the WVR radar menu? Think of WVR rather than radar :)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If you're dropping tanks in the middle of engagement you're doing it wrong. Think ahead. Otherwise if you got ambushed use ACM jettison button.

There is already the option to drop the tanks in the main Jester menu when you're WVR.

Why the option is in the WVR radar menu? Think of WVR rather than radar :)

I see the bandit. I want to accelerate to gain kinetic energy and then climb to loop after the merge. I want drop the tanks just before the climb (so as to burn fuel from the tanks while I am accelerating yet not have the tanks when I climb_. I want to keep my eyes on the bandit and my speed to time the climb just right. I really do not want to be distracted by fiddling with menus at these critical moments.

I see the bandit. I want to drop the tanks and turn hard toward him. Same as above for timing/eyes/menu/s.

I see the bandit. We are rushing toward each other. He's got some longer range Fox-1's. I want him to fire, I will then evade and engage. But I want to build up speed and keep the speed up as much as possible until I have to actually evade the missile, i.e., burn as much fuel from the tanks till the turn comes. Same as above for timing/eyes/menus.

In all of this, I want to be able to yell at Jester to drop the tanks in a fraction of a second and focus on actually flying/fighting, as opposed to pulling up the menu, looking around to figure out where I am, then drill down 2 levels (if not up one level before) to get to where I want.

I am not dropping tanks in the middle of an engagement. I want to drop them at just the right time. The current location in the mnu system is not supportive of this AND I do not think reflects the appropriate urgency or is a realstic simulation of the speed it takes to communicate the command.

As I said:

I don't know what are the exact conditions for it to appear but I see it. I support the keybind idea "Jester, drop tanks" but I believe it's not new and already noticed.

For dropping the tanks in a special timing thing... funny, but no, it's terrible idea - you do it before engagement, period. Btw: you will get more speed faster without tanks dragging you anyway.

It's like setting the aircraft for landing in final leg to save more fuel - it's just wrong.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

As I said:

I don't know what are the exact conditions for it to appear but I see it. I support the keybind idea "Jester, drop tanks" but I believe it's not new and already noticed.

For dropping the tanks in a special timing thing... funny, but no, it's terrible idea - you do it before engagement, period. Btw: you will get more speed faster without tanks dragging you anyway.

It's like setting the aircraft for landing in final leg to save more fuel - it's just wrong.

Interesting. Will revise my gameplan!

I usually select stations 2/7 before launching off the deck, then it's ready whenever I need it.

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD