Just for fun

Yo-Yo

• ED Team

There are three sound samples (even not compressed in any lossy format) of one or two or three plane(s) - takeoff, taxi and a pass.

Those who feel confident can post their suggestions about plane (planes) recorded.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2257009&postcount=64

the game is inspired by the DB605 discussion.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

First one sounds like radial engine, not very familiar for me. Corsair? Next ones Griffon and merlin engined spitfires. No? :music_whistling:

Edited by DB 605

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Let's wait for next comments.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

P-47, Merlin Spitfire, Griffon Spitfire. Am I right?

EDIT: I have listened to it so many times I can't realy tell now :/

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I went and watched some YouTube plane flybys to try and find out what they were.

t1f0u9 - P-47? It's a radial for sure

Копия - Griffon spitfire

JsF1a45e - I have no idea, perhaps an Allison engine

flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

1st no idea but agree radial

2nd griffon

3rd merlin

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

I can see what you are trying to do here and in the Russian section Yo-Yo but you can not argue against certain aircraft being famous for their characteristic sounds. Anyone who knows anything about aviation will instantly recognise the following aircraft without even seeing them :-

1) The sound of an approaching UH-1 Huey.

2) The dive of a Stuka bomber

3) The approach of an Me-109.

4) The approach of a Spitfire.

It doesn't matter to us the consumer how the sound is generated only that it exists in real life. Even sounds from things that don't exist such as a TIE fighter from Star Wars people will instantly recognise without actually viewing it. You add a TIE fighter to a game with a generic jet fighter sound and people will be WTF!

So you can try to hide behind science all you want, complain about the quality of sound recordings but I can assure you that you can still recognise an approaching Huey even with loud gun fire and mortar fire all around you.

Just remember that it's better to be an ape than an Ostrich ;)

• ED Team

Let's give more people a chance to get jackpot :)

By the way, in the Russian part there is a fourth bonus sample...