AC-130 Spooky and Spectre Mod Flyable!!

Last minute update 11/18/16

This mod was created and tested in version 1.5.4 release, and works as outlined below.

As most of you know, 1.5.5 has created issues with some mods. This mod is affected as well.

In 1.5.5 beta, the HUD will not show air to air mode. I can see it flicker but it will not stay displayed. This prevents the missiles from working. The AGM's are also affected. The rockets work well. There may be other issues. Not fully tested. Work continues......

In the 2.04 Alpha, all weapons appear to work, however, the HUD is missing. I have not investigated this yet and have done very little testing in this version.

YMMV.

Please note!!!

This mod is based upon Totoaero's C-130 mod found on the user file download page. I have his permission to release this mod.

As I do not have the skills, 3dx Max or time to learn it, the model in unchanged.(If anyone wants to improve the model, PLEASE DO!)

As such, I have worked within the limitatons of the model and weapon choices.

****Because this mod uses a unmodified C-130, all C-130 liveries will work****

The real AC-130 had multiple guns and a cannon as fire power. This model only has a single front facing gun.

To compensate, I have added other weapon choices, changed and modified the gun, and increased the shell count.

The two very questionable weapons are the Aim 9's and Nukes. I have left them for fun. I do not know if you can aim or lock the missiles.

The nukes do work!

You do not NEED to mount them.

Presenting!

The AC-130 Spooky and Specter Gunship!

"The Angel of Death"

Features,

A10A cockpit with correct cockpit view

Spawn from runway with correct wheel position

Working flaps and gear

Working GAU-8 front facing gun heavily modified

Working bombs with six internal pylons

Two wing pylons with Aim 9 missiles

( I know this is not realistic but they do shoot!)

Additional AMG missiles and rockets for wing pylons

Two rear internal bay pylons for nukes and cluster munitions

One internal bay for ECM and pods. (this still needs testing and load out correction)

Working auto pilot

Theme, loading and briefing screen images and icon

Theme music

Working Chaff and flare

(Look at the main menu theme image. This is a screenshot)

And the icing on the cake..............

crazyeddie has made three liveries just for this mod.

Spooky and Specter included!

Included Weapons,

Gun,

GAU 8, Front facing, modified into a 40mm cannon with tracers. Fires at a down angle. 10000 rounds. Nice sound!

( Takes a little getting used to aiming. The gun funnel helps. You can just see the impact point of the shells from the cockpit. A outside view helps to give a idea of the aiming. The gun funnel sits just at the bottom of the HUD.)

*****Also note that this mod will affect all aircraft which use the GAU 8 gun. It Will also effect online play. I suggest removing the scripts and config folders from the mod and try it. This will remove the gun mod*****

Wing pylons,

AIM-9M X 2

AIM-9P x 2

AGM-65D x 1

AGM-65D X 3

AGM-65H X 3

AGM-65E X 3

AGM-65K X 3

AGM-114K X 2

AGM-114K X 4

HVAR x 1 (For simulated napalm. I wish!)

XM158 - 7 2.75' rockets M151 HE

XM158 - 7 2.75' rockets M156 WP

LAU-61 19 2.75' MK151 Rockets

LAU-131*3 - 7 2.75' rockets M151 (HE)

LAU-131*3 - 7 2.75' rockets M156 (WP)

LAU-68 - 7 2.75' rockets MK5 (HE)

LAU-61*3 - 57 2.75' rockets MK151 (HE)

LAU-68*3 - 7 2.75' rockets M156 (WP)

LAU-131*3 - 7 2.75' rockets M257 (Parachute illumination)

LAU-131*3 - 7 2.75' rockets M274 (Practice Smoke)

S-25 OFM rocket

LAU-3 - 19 2.75' rockets MK151 HE

LAU-3 - 19 2.75' rockets MK5 HEAT

S-24B rocket

B-13L - 5 S-13 OF rocket

B-8M1 - 20 S-8KOM rocket

LAU-10 - 4 ZUNI MK 71 rocket

Center internal Bomb pylons,

MK-20 X 18

Mk-81 X 3

Mk-81 X 6

MK-82 X 2

Mk-82 X 3

Mk-82 X 6

Mk-82 X 12

MK_82 X 28

Mk-82 X 51

MK-83 X 2

Mk-84 X 8

Mk-84 X 9

Mk 84 X 18

Mk 84 X 28

M-117 X 1

M-117AB X 3

M-117AB X 6

M-117 X 12

M-117 X 27

M-117 X 51

GBU-27 X 4

GBU-28 X 1

GBU-24 X 1

CBU87 X 10 Cluster Bombs

Mk-20 Rockeye X 6

Mk-20 Rockeye X 9

Rear internal bomb pylon,

RN-24 -Nuke

RN-28 -Nuke

CBU87 X 10

Mk-20 Rockeye X 6

Mk-20 Rockeye X 9

Center Pod bay, ( These need testing and possible removal)

AN/AAQ-28 LITENING

Sky-Shadow ECM Pod

L-081 Fantasmagoria ELINT pod

MXU-648 Travel Pod

ALQ-131

ALQ-184

AN/ASQ-173 LST/SCAM

AN/AAS-38 FLIR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real AC-130 specs

General characteristics

Primary function: close air support, air interdiction and force protection

Builder: Lockheed/Boeing Corp.

Power plant: four Allison T56-A-15 turboprop engines

Thrust: 4,300 shaft horsepower each engine

Wingspan: 132 feet 7 inches (40.4 meters)

Length: 97 feet 9 inches (29.8 meters)

Height: 38 feet 6 inches (11.7 meters)

Speed: 300 mph (Mach .4) (at sea level)

Range: approximately 1,300 nautical miles; limited by crew duty day with air refueling.

Ceiling: 25,000 feet (7,576 meters)

Maximum takeoff weight: 155,000 pounds (69,750 kilograms)

Armament: 40mm, 105mm cannons and 25mm Gatling gun.

Crew: AC-130U - pilot, co-pilot, navigator, fire control officer, electronic warfare officer (five officers) and flight engineer, TV operator, infrared detection set operator, loadmaster, and four aerial gunners (eight enlisted)

Deployment date: 1995

Unit cost: $210 million

Inventory: active duty, 17; reserve, 0; ANG, 0

A total of 43 C-130 aircraft were converted into gunships:

Model Count Description

AC-130A 1 JC-130A aircraft converted under the Project Gunship II program. (Prototype)

AC-130A 7 JC-130A aircraft converted under the Project Plain Jane program.

AC-130A 1 C-130A aircraft converted under the Project Surprise Package program.

AC-130A 10 C-130A aircraft converted under the Project Pave Pronto program.

AC-130E 11 C-130E aircraft converted under the Project Pave Spectre program.

AC-130H 10 AC-130E aircraft upgraded under the Project Pave Spectre II program.

AC-130U 13 New C-130H conversion, known as the "U-Boat"

Project Name Aircraft Designation(s)

Project Gunship I AC-47D (Spooky)

Project Gunship II AC-130A/E/H/U (Spectre/Spooky II)

Project Gunship III AC-119G/K (Shadow/Stinger)

Project Black Spot AC-123K (Black Spot)

As far as having AGM weapons mounted on pylons see AC-130J Ghostrider and AC-130W Stinger II below. (image in main mod folder)

Variants

AC-130A Spectre. It is an original version. A total of 19 aircraft were converted to this standard from C-130A Hercules transports. These were armed with four 7.62-mm GAU-2/A miniguns and four 20-mm M61 Vulcan cannons. In 1975 all of these aircraft were transferred to Air Force Reserve and were finally retired in 1995.

AC-130E Spectre. It was introduced in 1969. A total of 11 aircraft were converted from the C-130E transports. These aircraft were armed with two 20-mm M61 Vulcan cannons, one 40-mm Bofors cannon and one 105-mm M102 howitzer. Later 8 or 10 of these aircraft were further upgraded to improved AC-130H standard.

AC-130H Spectre. A total of 8 or 10 of these aircraft were upgraded from the earlier AC-130E configuration. This version was armed with two 20-mm M61 Vulcan cannons, one 40-mm Bofors cannon and one 105-mm M102 howitzer. It seems that after the year 2000 both 20-mm Vulcan cannons were removed. Last of these aircraft was retired in 2015.

AC-130J Ghostrider. Is a new version, based on the MC-130J Combat Shadow II special operations tanker. This version made its first flight in 2014. It is armed with one 30-mm ATK GAU-23/A Bushmaster cannon, 105-mm M102 howitzer, AGM-176 Griffin, and AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, GBU-39, GBU-44/B Viper Strike, and GBU-53/B bombs. It was planned that a total of 16 aircraft will be ordered.

AC-130U Spooky II. It is an upgraded version This aircraft is armed with a 25-mm GAU-12 Equalizer cannon, one 40-mm Bofors cannon and one 105-mm M102 howitzer. Also it has increased ammunition capacity and improved fire control system. Currently 17 of these aircraft are operational with the USAF.

AC-130W Stinger II. Is a new version. It is armed with one 30-mm ATK GAU-23/A Bushmaster cannon, AGM-176 Griffin, and AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, GBU-39, GBU-44/B Viper Strike, and GBU-53/B bombs. This version is currently in service with the USAF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impotant!!!

To make this work, you must copy the KneeboardRight, KneeboardLeft and A10A folders from the FC3 cockpit folder to the AC-130 cockpit folder. At each DCS version update, repeat. (do not mix versions)

JSGME ready

Tested and working in 1.5.4 Release

Other versions YMMV

I would like to thank,

Totoaero for the C-130 and permission to alter and release this mod.

A very special thank-you to crazyeddie for making the liveries (Fantastic Job!) and for advice and help.

" I owe you a six pack!"

Please report bugs, errors and corrections to this thread.

Note!!!! You can over load the air frame! More weight = longer take off (if at all)

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8c2c05ccstvcsd/AC-130%20Spooky%20and%20Spectre.zip?dl=0

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Sites Of interest

http://www.spectre-association.org/

http://www.theaviationzone.com/factsheets/ac130.asp

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Cannon Update!

I have updated the cannon to a 105 mm.

I just finished destroying half of North Vegas using only the Cannon.:megalol:

1000 rounds goes a long way!

I have also found the HUD works perfect in Alpha 2.04.

Main link above already updated.

A few screens of my fun below.

Hawkeye

Edited by Hawkeye60

good god man! the Vegas strip will never be the same again! (nice work!)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

где точно располагаются эти 9 подвесок ?

I think the answer is,

I need a new image with the correct 9 pylon layout.

I will see what I can do!

Now the layout is right to left, front to back,

R wing, front R pylon, 2nd R , 3rd R , 4th R , rear pod bay, 4th L , 3rd L, 2nd L, 1st L, L wing.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hawkeye

attachment.php?attachmentid=152146&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1479910789

This will work.

Can we change the color to the same red as the title text?

I will then add this to the mod.

Thank you!

Edited by Hawkeye60

• 1 month later...

DCS 1.5.5 UpDate

DCS 1.5.5 UpDate

I have found this mod would prevent DCS from starting if installed in DCS with the latest patch as of 12/26/16.

It still works in 2.04 Alpha without modification.

The file and folder locations and file structure has changed.

This mod fixes the problem.

I also was able to keep the 105mm Gun.

Absolutely devastating! :D

Install as above.

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/blyu1bh2vc94pbu/AC-130%20Spooky%20and%20Spectre%201.5.5.zip?dl=0