Viggen in 2.0 broken.

Haxel

So, the Viggen in 2.0 is very broken. It spawns on the ground with gear up then puts it down when it has damaged itself. It cant get more then 25% fuel even when I put it at 100% in the editor. I cannot for the life of me turn on the radar. In airstarts the plane is shutdown. Is this just on my end?

So, the Viggen in 2.0 is very broken. It spawns on the ground with gear up then puts it down when it has damaged itself. It cant get more then 25% fuel even when I put it at 100% in the editor. I cannot for the life of me turn on the radar. In airstarts the plane is shutdown. Is this just on my end?

Hmmm, I only had a short break from work (I work at home) to install and test that 2.0 and the Viggen worked. I had it spawn on the runway fully loaded with fuel and weapons. Gear was down, full fuel, and was able to take off and do a circuit before having to get back to work. So far, no issues that I could see. Hope you figure out what's going on for you!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Just tested: same behavior for me. No mods installed.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I just took the Viggen for a spin, cold start from Tonopah and landing, didn't have any of the problems you've described. Air start was fine too.

I've removed the AJS-37 from both 2.0 and 1.5, and then let it reinstall for 2.0 and 1.5.

Working fine in 1.5

Problems persist in 2.0

Spoiler

I dont have any problems in 2.0 too. Works fine.

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Could you try this for me: close DCS and start it again. Go straight to the Mission Editor and place a Viggen on a ramp-start on any airfield and run the mission without doing anything in between. Tell me if the problem persists.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Hey Ragnar,

Yeah, it's what I've been doing for some time now and the problem stays.

What I've done so far apart from reinstalling the module:

- Disable TacView to rule that out.

- Delete the entire DCS.openalpha from SavedGames

I've done a fresh W10 and DCS 1.5 + 2.0 installation just this week, but I was thinking to reinstall DCS 2.0 just to rule that one out as well.

Spoiler

When spawning an AI Viggen, there is no problem.

Spoiler

No idea if it's related but have you guys installed this?

Trying that - stand by :-)

Spoiler

No change after installing the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3.

Nevertheless it's good to have the update done :)

So what I have is:

- the Viggen spawning with gear up, and then putting its gear down like a robot waking up from sleep.

- Fuel state is 0

Spoiler

Here you go:

Thanks! Is there anything else you notice when spawning that is different, like any avionics not working or something like that? What happens if you spawn at a different airfield, like Tonopah? Sorry for having to ask a hundred questions but it is really difficult to fix a problem that you yourself cant reproduce... :(

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Same thing here with the ground spawn...

Can spawn in flight though. But the plane wants to fly right up in the sky as soon as I press "FLY". Got to do a LOT of pitch trim to get it flying level.

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

I've tried several airfields in Nevada with the same results. Apart from empty fuel, I don't notice anything special.

Everything else seems to be working, but it's hard to test cause of the fall damage taken right after spawning.

External fuel is accounted for, just internal get's set to 0.

No worries about the questions, RagnarDa. I'm more than happy to assist as best I can.

Edit: addition: spawning in air, as reported, has nose trim set to full nose up attitude.

Edited by Mud
Addition
Spoiler

So I have not yet had a chance to try it yet but did get it installed to 2.0. I see in the menu, it now shows AJS37 but lists it as 1.5.6. This is in 2.0 of course. Every other module I have in 2.0 starts with 2. as their ver number. This an oversight or?

Edited by Torso

So I have not yet had a chance to try it yet but did get it installed to 2.0. I see in the menu, it now shows AJS37 but lists it as 1.5.6. This is in 2.0 of course. Every other module I have in 2.0 starts with 2. as their ver number. This an oversight or?

Oversight, I assume. Same for me, and the MIG-21 shows up as 1.5.1.

Spoiler