L-39C GDR NVA-Skin wrong symbol

Sauerkraut

I have no idea how it is supposed to look like, but be aware many aircrafts have a "reversed flag" on one side.

It is supposed to simulate the flag in the wind

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

In the skin "NVA FAG-25" and "NVA FAG-25 Early", the symbol of the GDR on the right side of the fin is reversed. The black part must be on the left and not on the right side (see the DDR symbol on the right wing).

May be OT, but the NVA didn't fly the L-39C anyway :music_whistling::smilewink:

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

But they did fly the ZO and the V. The difference between the ZA and the ZO and between the C and the V isn't really significant IMO....

Yeah but there's no NVA skin for the ZA (correct me if I'm wrong) which is much more similar to the ZO then the C. And there's also no V skin for the C.

Why didn't you do a quick google search before writing this post at all? It took much less time to find out that the flag is reversed than to answer in this thread. ;)

Because what I said is actually true. And answering what I know took me much less time to google something

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Yeah but there's no NVA skin for the ZA (correct me if I'm wrong) which is much more similar to the ZO then the C.

In what way? Because of the four hardpoints of the ZO compared to the two of the C?

The ZA is gun-equipped, the C isn't, I therefore always felt the C to be more similar to the NVA ZO than the ZA.

In what way? Because of the four hardpoints of the ZO compared to the two of the C?

Exactly. Plus, the cockpit of the ZO is more ZA-like. The whole structure of the ZO is more ZA-like (weight, fuselage reinforcements, etc). The ZO is practically a ZA with the guns removed.

Exactly. Plus, the cockpit of the ZO is more ZA-like. The whole structure of the ZO is more ZA-like (weight, fuselage reinforcements, etc). The ZO is practically a ZA with the guns removed.

Cockpit-wise, could you point out the differences? I'm really interested in that.

And did the NVA L-39 make use of the four hardpoints? I assumed that they never took off fully loaded, as the GDR was on a very tight budget and therefore immensely cut back on expending ordinance in training, for example. For helicopter pilots I read that in training on the Mi-2 student pilots were able to fire two (!) live S-5 (or S-8 ) unguided rockets only.

Edited by Pilot Ike

Cockpit-wise, could you point out the differences? I'm really interested in that.

Weapons panel: http://home.snafu.de/veith/MiGs/L-39ZO_Panel.jpg

And did the NVA L-39 make use of the four hardpoints? I assumed that they never took off fully loaded, as the GDR was on a very tight budget and therefore immensely cut back on expending ordinance in training, for example.

I don't know, the L-39 pilots over at Flugzeugforum may answer that question, but that's not the point here. I'd like to fly the plane that's closest to the ZO, which is the ZA and not the C.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...