Persian Gulf beacon mod

I have made a mod for the Persian Gulf map, with ICLS beacons for all runways equipped with regular ILS, TACANS co-located with all GP(GS) beacons for DME distance to the touchdown point, and with all VORs converted to VORTACs. So now you can practice your low visibility landings in the F/A-18C.

https://github.com/adler357/DCS-PG

Feel free to report any errors in this thread.

thanks drPhibes great work and thx to Backy as well for his mod.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Any chance to do it for the Caucasus map too?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Sure, what field with an ILS would you like?

Batumi and Kobuleti (Ozurgeti)

Edited by muehlema

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I have made a mod for the Persian Gulf map, with ICLS beacons for all runways equipped with regular ILS, TACANS co-located with all GP(GS) beacons for DME distance to the touchdown point, and with all VORs converted to VORTACs. So now you can practice your low visibility landings in the F/A-18C.

thank you, great work.

Again, another stupid question. How do I save the Beacon.lua file from Github.

Do I have to sign up or have to download any Github GUI?

UPDATE: I was able to downlaod the lua file.

Edited by wernst
update

thank you, great work.

Again, another stupid question. How do I save the Beacon.lua file from Github.

Do I have to sign up or have to download any Github GUI?

UPDATE: I was able to downlaod the lua file.

Hello Wernst

How did you download the beacon.lau file.?

I cannot get it to save it or download the file.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

again, it's a great job, you've done. Thank you. ED should have done it.

I'm not one of the ungrateful people who find always hairs in the soup.

But what I found is that after installing the Beacon.lua file the ME doesn't show any beacon symbol and the ILS approach sector symbols (triangle) in the map anymore.

Did I miss to set some switch or setting?

again, it's a great job, you've done. Thank you. ED should have done it.

I'm not one of the ungrateful people who find always hairs in the soup.

But what I found is that after installing the Beacon.lua file the ME doesn't show any beacon symbol and the ILS approach sector symbols (triangle) in the map anymore.

Did I miss to set some switch or setting?

Thanks for the feedback. Everything looks OK here, with the only visible change in the mission editor being the added TACANs at the GP sites:

Original beacons.lua:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192035&stc=1&d=1534256013

Mod:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192034&stc=1&d=1534256013

attachment.php?attachmentid=192033&stc=1&d=1534256013

Screen_180814_160648.thumb.png.d4d3b7368e2503004541af601d8adf8e.png

Screen_180814_160657.thumb.png.da5892d99639fb54cdd19567366e09aa.png

Screen_180814_161057.thumb.png.c3a26ac4cbb2c98c348893afc92e1dc7.png

Thanks for the feedback. Everything looks OK here, with the only visible change in the mission editor being the added TACANs at the GP sites:

Yes, your Beacon.lua file which I downloaded looks weird when opened with editor.

Obviously faulty download.

Sorry, I have to ask again: How do I download the Beacon.lua file from Github in the right way?

Simple right click on it doesn't work well.

Do I have to install any Github GUI? Do I have to sign in?

Your help is highly appreciated, because I'm keen on getting this ICLS to ILS utility.

Thanks

Click "Clone or download" and then "Download ZIP"

Thanks, just a second ago I tried the ZIP download and it worked.

Beacon.lua is installed and looks perfect.

This mod is by far the most valuable extension for the Hornet. It provides ILS functionality

to ground operation as does have the Hornet in many countries. I love flying IFR in low vis weather and enjoy the feeling when down safely.

I dare not to ask: Could you think about making such a list for the Caucasus region?

I could think of two Beacon.lua files, one for the Hornet and the original for the other planes, e.g. A10C.

Keep up the good work, thanks a lot.

I dare not to ask: Could you think about making such a list for the Caucasus region?

Agree 100%! That would be fantastic ! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

It's on my to-do list. Currently my plans are:

1. Add the missing ILS at Kutaisi RWY 25 (26 in the game)

2. Add ICLS to all runways with regular ILS

3. Maybe add ILS+ICLS to all PRMG runways in the Russian part of the map.

Does this break IC by any chance?
Drphibes warned that this mod is not compatible with dcs integrity check. So may have to remove and put the default Beacon.lua file back during multi-player session.
Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Sweet DrPhibes !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

great, great plans. Looking foward to install these ICLS beacons for the Hornet.

Where will you post/publish theses new beacon.lua files? Under which forum?

I don't want to miss these new goodies when they are out.

Awesome work ! thanks for all your time Drphibes, really sad that in a simulator there is such a lack of Navaids equipment and beacons.

wish there was a way to run this externally as a mods/tech sep file and not break IC as other mods do. Possibly add it as one large static object centered in the correct position with all the navaids attached to it.

Thanks again for your work

First of all, thanks again for the work, it's more than a mod, it's a truly useful upgrade.

But my first experiences with IFR approaches using these dedicated ICLS beacons in the PG scenery are kind of mixed.

ILS approaches are now working in PG, but there is a "but".

The localizer bar is visible as early as it is real. Fine. Good for early fine tune of heading.

But the glide slope bar display appears very late, about less than 5 nm close to the RWY threshold when being on a 3 deg glide path.

Furthermore, the glide slope bar display is very insensitive to pitch corrections.

It doesn't respond as I'm used to with other DCS ILS approaches, e.g. with A-10C.

The closer one gets to the RWY the more sensitive is the response to any corrections made to heading and pitch, which is logic and normal.

But the glide slope here responds very slow even when almost 1 nm close to the RWY touchdown.

As consequence, I've difficulties to stay on the safe glide path when guided by the glide slope bar.

Any corrections made for a safe altitude are too late for a safe landing on the RWY threshold.

Do I miss anything?