FCS can be bricked

Tholozor

Encountered this problem while executing the Functional Checkflight procedure in the NATOPS manual, managed to break it down and find a culprit.

1. Normal engine start (Cold, problem does not manifest in hot start)
    • FCS RESET
    • Flaps to AUTO

[*]Shut down right engine

• Wait until full spool-down and R AMAD PR caution

[*]BATT SW to OFF (RDDI should be out)

[*]BATT SW to ON (wait for RDDI)

[*]Restart right engine (crossbleed or APU)

[*]Attempt FCS BIT

- After BATT SW cycle, MC2 will show NOT RDY on BIT page.

- After FCS BIT time-out, BIT page will show FCSA and FCSB as RESTRT, and all control surfaces no longer respond to stick/rudder input, flaps switch, or FCS Reset button.

- FCS indicator for the starboard LEF will freeze at last value, but portside LEF will become physically stuck.

- FCS Exerciser can be ran successfully, but control surfaces and FCS page will return to previous frozen positions and values once complete.

FCS_brick_test.trk

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Hrm wonder if this ties in with what I see on the 18 for FCS BIT checks. It is fairly common for me to have to do the FCS BIT test twice as doing it once will go through BIT but it will show the RESTRT you are seeing after the first one is done. Doing another BIT I will see SF TEST and then GO after the BIT is done.

I see that on normal starts without cycling battery or engines and as stated it is very common to have to do the BIT twice for it to show GO.

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

would need to see a track replay. 

Is it possible you took some damage?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to FCS can be bricked
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic