[REPORTED]Ground unit logic during start

When a group with a route starts to move, they scatter and try to go around each other rather than form a column.

Place a mixed bag of units on a road, set a waypoint further down the road. All of the units, including the lead one will turn left or right, and then head back to the road, all bunching up with each other and cutting each other off.

Worst case, they do a bunch of 360s, and behave like crazy. See the second attachment.

attachment.php?attachmentid=242976&d=1595249406

attachment.php?attachmentid=243066

Edit: Attached miz file

Bugged Ground Units.miz

Edited by Vanguard

I've just tested it. I was able to reproduce the bug with your mission, even with a group of one T-80 (same thing with a T-90).

Then I removed your bugged group and created a new one with a T-80, going to the same place: it had no pathfinding issue his time.

I really don't know what happened to your group of units, but you have to delete it and create a new one.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

In my real mission, I have 4 groups of units in different liocations, and they all go crazy... I move them up or down the road just a bit, it gets better, but clearly there is something wrong, it's not just this one unit or this one location. Hopefully devs can take a look and see if there's more to this story,

Hopefully the poor guy has not much links to triggers ... if he'd remove the group all entries in his triggers would be gone.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I was just using the group as a template and spawning the group via MOOSE, and I was trying to debug is this irrational behavior was due to MOOSE or the core, so deleted all scripts and units to create the test map.

Flappie, thanks for taking a look mate. I just re-created the unit from scratch and put them down, exact same behavior as before unfortunately. Are you testing on OB or Stable?

Hopefully the poor guy has not much links to triggers ... if he'd remove the group all entries in his triggers would be gone.

You can divert all your triggers to a temporary group before deleting the bugged group. Tedious, but that works.

I was just using the group as a template and spawning the group via MOOSE, and I was trying to debug is this irrational behavior was due to MOOSE or the core, so deleted all scripts and units to create the test map.

Flappie, thanks for taking a look mate. I just re-created the unit from scratch and put them down, exact same behavior as before unfortunately. Are you testing on OB or Stable?

I've tested this on the latest OB. I will send you the updated mission this afternoon.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

I have reported this to the team for investigation

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 6 months later...
  • ED Team

please ensure each waypoint has a speed set. It should be better now. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2