MP Server - Custom Integrity check may break configuration.

Panzertard

I dont know how widespread the problem is right now, but we've managed to identify it on 3 servers.

By adding a longer, custom integrity check-list the server may revert back to default config.

You will identify it by the server name becoming FC2 again.

We've been able to use the workaround on 3 servers and make the server working again.

The workaround is:

Shut down the server of course, then ...

1. Go to the servers ".\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Scripts\net\main.lua"

2. Use NOTEPAD++ or other supported editors, go find

line 23:

table.append(dest, v)

into

table.insert(dest, v)

3. save the file

Start the server back up - it should be working now.

• Like 2

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

It also resets your connection speed and defaults to "LAN" when you try to host. It happened to our box a few times. I fixed it by modifying the network.cfg file

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

If you corrently run the same integrity checks as 51' and 104th - then it's not loaded and working. I just did a quick check.

51 and 104th kicks me - yours doesn't.

It's because nothing from the network.cfg will be loaded properly due to this problem.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

yes some guys over at 101st SIMHQ have the same issue.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thank you very much Panzertard!

Even though you were enjoying a great conversation with fellow pilots on TS, you still devoted time to investigate this issue on a Saturday night. Thanks a lot!

:thumbup:

Fortunately we had a great entourage of people just sitting and chatting while we worked out this problem. A huge thanks to Ulrich for stepping by on Teamspeak and sharing some gems ;)

(PS: He did promise us a picture of his car, didnt he?)

Come to think of it - this workaround may affect the "ping timeout" problems you guys had for period too.

If the defaults were loaded, this section would never have made it into the servers-memory:

connection = {

"LAN 10",

}

So if we're lucky, we might have gotten rid of the ping timeout problem too.

Please keep us updated. :)

Edited by Panzertard

Panzertdard you saved me :P Yesterday I was testing payload mods and integrity checks in Case's modification and it didn't work :S Then saw your post and it fixed problem.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Panzertdard you saved me :P Yesterday I was testing payload mods and integrity checks in Case's modification and it didn't work :S Then saw your post and it fixed problem.

Are you saying it affects clients in some manners too?

Do they fail to deliver a proper integrity result to the server unless the MP client is using a corrected main.lua file as well?

Are you saying it affects clients in some manners too?

Do they fail to deliver a proper integrity result to the server unless the MP client is using a corrected main.lua file as well?

Neg, the IC works either way for clients... at least from what i saw so far...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

It seems after joining the 104th server I will fail IC. Then when I try to join other servers I will fail as well, even though I have the correct files. I think maybe the main.lua needs to be corrected on the client as well. Something may get corrupted on the client's end after joining the server setup with the corrected main.lua and additional IC files listed in network.cfg.

I could not pass IC with the server setup to check files besides the default, and had to revert the server back to default IC check. Need more testing I guess to figure it out, but there is still an issue.

Edited by Crunch

Okai - so if enabling the IC for the server now affects the clients - and clients cant connect properly anymore, then I strongly advice we stop using IC until it has been fixed in a new patch.

Interesting... I have corrected my main.lua on local end... will give it a test on our server later to see how it works with both, corrected and non corrected file on clients end...

@Crunch, are u positive all your files were correct? Remember not to have any additional files in a folder thats being ICed....

But either way, this issue needs a hotfix, ASAP... because MP servers are busted this way if things keep getting 'corrupted'

I dope hope ED are aware of this problem!

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I don't know hwat are you are talking about, i am after bbeers. But me and my fiend yesterday tested Case's modifications and all passed okay.

I set to IC f15.lua and rearm.lua. He was able to connect if he didn't modify f15.lua. If he modified this file he couldn't. If he didn't modify f15.lua andd modify onlly su25t.lua he could coonect to my server and all was ok.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Boberro, I see - I thought you tested against 104th or one of the other servers.

You're saying one of you guys were hosting MP yourself - that explains it. Thanks. :)

Yes I was a host man my ffriend a tester. Is it mean there won't be Case's modification on servers nwow :cry: ???

ಠ_ಠ

Yes I was a host man my ffriend a tester. Is it mean there won't be Case's modification on servers nwow :cry: ???

Too many beers! :D But I think you ask if you cannot use Case's mods on other servers - that depends on their integrity check.

As long as you use the same files and correct IC, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Interesting... I have corrected my main.lua on local end... will give it a test on our server later to see how it works with both, corrected and non corrected file on clients end...

@Crunch, are u positive all your files were correct? Remember not to have any additional files in a folder thats being ICed....

But either way, this issue needs a hotfix, ASAP... because MP servers are busted this way if things keep getting 'corrupted'

I dope hope ED are aware of this problem!

Yes, they are aware of it - it needs to be tested & evaluated.

Edited by Panzertard

OK just to confirm. I just did stress tests as a client on 51st Server...

IC works fine in either case if i edited/not edited main.lua as a client... In both instances i was able to pass/fail IC as expected...

So the conclusion is, the main.lua tweak fixed the serverside bug and all is good now, at least so it seems... as for clients, it really has no effect at all...

So Crunch, you might wanna look at why u were failing IC, perhaps u just missed something, or the 104th scripts got corrupted for some reason due to bug, so a good idea would be to reset fresh after patch script files, then install servman, then apply the tweak, then set the IC...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

rgrt Thanks Breakshot

OK just to confirm. I just did stress tests as a client on 51st Server...

IC works fine in either case if i edited/not edited main.lua as a client... In both instances i was able to pass/fail IC as expected...

So the conclusion is, the main.lua tweak fixed the serverside bug and all is good now, at least so it seems... as for clients, it really has no effect at all...

So Crunch, you might wanna look at why u were failing IC, perhaps u just missed something, or the 104th scripts got corrupted for some reason due to bug, so a good idea would be to reset fresh after patch script files, then install servman, then apply the tweak, then set the IC...

We haven't seen them on the 104th as well since making the fix, however, setting up a file integrity check for more than the default is causing an issue. Right now we just have the default set and I am not sure what to do next. For the 104th, file check is broken. It happened to me as well as other players. Set up a file check on server, client fails the check even though they have the correct files. Then the client will fail IC on ANY server after trying to connect to the 104th, like there was a file corruption.

It is broken sorry. Yes, we should try a complete fresh install, but I do not want to beta test these things when I have no idea if maybe the beta testers are working on this anyway. So, for now I won't work on it anymore.

Edited by Crunch