Vikhr M rippling

marcos

...it has something to do with the laser life span...you can overheat and burn the laser if it stays on for a longer period of time.

What he said.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I believe it has something to do with the laser life span. I think you can overheat and burn the laser if it stays on for a longer period of time.

That doesn't make sense. My laser can stay on for multiple minutes while I target something with a Kh-29.

What it can't do is fire a set of Vikhrs, have them dive straight into the ground because of that (RAGERAGERAGE) glitch, and then fire another pair. It has to wait a good ten or fifteen seconds before the next launch, unless I restart it.

How come you have to turn the laser off and on between each shot?

I dont understand your question. You have turn the laser off, just when your last launched missile impact. If you turn off the laser when the missile is in air, then you lost the missle. These are the missiles you have to use with laser: Kh-25ml, Kh-29L, S-25L, Vikhr. I cant explain so well why not the Vikhr could lanched in a large interval. Just I think the system do not allows u launch the second with long interval, because the system laser guide of the Vikhr is at back, getting direct the laser guide. If u launch a Vikhr at this moment this one can interfere the first one.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll spell it out.

1) Fire a missile

2) The missile loses guidance because of bad firing procedure or known glitch and hits the ground

3) Laser remains on, yet there is no launch authorization for second Vikhr until you wait several seconds, or restart the laser

I dont understand your question. You have turn the laser off, just when your last launched missile impact. If you turn off the laser when the missile is in air, then you lost the missle. These are the missiles you have to use with laser: Kh-25ml, Kh-29L, S-25L, Vikhr. I cant explain so well why not the Vikhr could lanched in a large interval. Just I think the system do not allows u launch the second with long interval, because the system laser guide of the Vikhr is at back, getting direct the laser guide. If u launch a Vikhr at this moment this one can interfere the first one.

Basically I can lase a target and launch 2 Kh-25MLs or Kh-29Ls but to fire 2 Vikhr Ms I have to fire one, switch off the laser and then turn it on again and fire. Makes little sense.

Edited by marcos

Wasn't it so that the laser beam is focused on the missile?

Say, you shoot your first missile, laser guides and the focus of the beam (or what special point ever) stays close to the calculated missile position.

If you want to fire a missile while the first is still in the air (or the guidiance system thinks it is still in the air, as it is unaware that the missile got lost) you can't because the laser is still working for the missile which should have been there, but isn't there any more.

I don't know if this is right, but it would make perfectly sense to me.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Wasn't it so that the laser beam is focused on the missile?

Say, you shoot your first missile, laser guides and the focus of the beam (or what special point ever) stays close to the calculated missile position.

If you want to fire a missile while the first is still in the air (or the guidiance system thinks it is still in the air, as it is unaware that the missile got lost) you can't because the laser is still working for the missile which should have been there, but isn't there any more.

I don't know if this is right, but it would make perfectly sense to me.

yes thats right. That happen just with Vikhr, with the rest u can easily hit 2 or more targets. I think u need practices and watch videos.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I wanna kill few targets via Vikhrs I fire one missile, turn off laser and rapidly fire next missile. Laser will switch on automatically and both missiles are guided. After while I fire third missile and three of them fly to the targets.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

If I wanna kill few targets via Vikhrs I fire one missile, turn off laser and rapidly fire next missile. Laser will switch on automatically and both missiles are guided. After while I fire third missile and three of them fly to the targets.

ok. I did not try that yet. One question, you do that with FC2 25T version?? because the DCS World version the Vikhrs are full buged.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:W ;]

No way. With Vikhrs I cant hit the targets in DSC World, like the procedure I always use in FC2. I just do what say the video tutorials of ED and I am not a new 25T pilot. I have some experience with 25T and I am having a lot of Vikhr missed. ED knew that with the beta and with the 1.2 version do not any change respect about. Then we having a Situation/instalation/modules problem and not everybody have the same issues. All must be the same, even if I have not several modules installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I can guide few missiles (above 3 is pointless) and it can be done successfully. Ofc targets must be quite close each other.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That's what I do but it's annoying and seems a little pointless. Surely the launch authority override should allow you to launch a second missile regardless, but it doesn't.

Even managed a hit from 17km once. I started at 4000m, lased about 200yds long of the target then slowly slewed to the target whilst the missile was in flight.

Edited by marcos

On a side note, when you have gun pods and you set the salvo to all, it seems to use the internal cannon ammo as well but you never see it firing. However, after the pod ammo is gone, the internal gun ammo count will say '2' when you switch to it.

BS=Black Shark? I only have DCS World.

Here is a great topic about using a Ka50 laser :smartass:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=49137

Frogfoot's laser should work similar, but I'm not familiar with it.

My 2 cents: Firing multiple Vikhrs in a volley as the OP suggested is possible in the DCS:BlackShark but not in the FC2:Su-25T even though they simulate the same weapon system. This is probably because the Su-25T is simulated on a LoMAC:FC2 - level and therefore have some simplifications and inherent limitations. Just workaround the issue as suggested in the thread or create/buy/pray for a DCS:Su-25T module.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.