Please Provide The DCS Applications Of Chinese Version

loo_ohs

Hi! In order to add the Chinese language I should give order to our programmers.

Initially, we had no reserve for Chinese language, therefore we should rewrite big part of the code since we did not expect so many characters.

So, I will need to discuss this issue.

In the near future I will answer you.

Thank you for your answer. I used to made DCS:KA50 and Flaming Cliffs 2 Chinese language patch and successfully localized the GUI. In my point of view, a localized GUI is enough for most of the players. I tried to localize the game content and I found it very difficult and I can understand why you say it needs lots of coding.

However, why not open the language interface of the GUI to dedicated community (or even to the public). I'm sure they will be more than happy to get this job done and certainly they are more familiar with their own language:smilewink:

Well....LZ also referred that in our forums.

Obviously,LZ want a localization.

I have some suggestions.

And according to the needs of the Chinese player,a localization that can identify Chinese Characters would be nice.

But.The potential DCS players(I mean who have an interest in Flight Sims or War Simulation ,war games.........) desperately want a tiny ...little localization with only Chinese GUI...

I think ED can make the localization step by step by making a Chinese GUI first.

That has nothing to do with translation of the cockpit or avionics.We all -know that Su-27s,SU-30s....SU-33s..... only has a Russian HUD (except J-11 series.) and in a F-15 you can only see English............That is not what LZ or ,the Chinese Flight Sims Community want .

Last but not least.The language barrier is indeed a problem. 3GO made a localization package for LOFC2 and DCS:BS 1 however we are not able to produce those for DCSW modues.....The senior members of Chinese flight sim communities may be able to continue buying new products of ED because they can and can only "READ" english and they are motivated by their passion for the flight sims .However,after they going to university or finding jobs or getting married they won't have much time play lockon or DCS or FSX etc(It is the actual living and working situation in China) And new birds may not insist on training themselves in simulations because It's English that he/she feels difficult to deal with that so they finally give up...Than things are getting worse...The DCSW with more localized package will certainly broaden the road of the Flight Sims because Customer Counts.

Edited by biller

I think you'll find that English is the international language of navigation, and our chinese friend is quite correct in saying that Chinese is the most widely spoken language on the planet - until India's population grows a little more.

Setting aside elitist clap trap, why would ED ignore the possibility of opening up a huge market through the simple expedient of providing language support?

I hope Loo Ohs gets his little project off the ground, because it'll probably mean ED gets more cash, and therefore, more expansion possibilities.

What was the Chinese variant of the MiG 21 called again?

What was the Chinese variant of the MiG 21 called again?

J-7, more specifically J-7III / C in terms of equivalences

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Hello,I'm form China,too.As you know ,Chinese Culture is very popular in the world.A lot of game add to Chinese elements,as the Battlefield 4,or the Call Of Duty:Black Ops 2.We hope you can provide the DCS applications Of Chinese version,or add to the Chinese elements(as J-11,J-10,FBC-1 and FC-1/JF-17).They must be very popular

Hi! In order to add the Chinese language I should give order to our programmers.

Initially, we had no reserve for Chinese language, therefore we should rewrite big part of the code since we did not expect so many characters.

Your team can just make the DCS font renderer support zh-cn,and the translating work will be made by our forums , INSKY 3GO .ETC.Looking forward to your reply!Thanks

Edited by lujiashun1

For some potential players around me, it will be great if we can make a in-mission chat, read the training script or use the ME in Chinese.

Fully Chinese localization support may take large amount of work, but it is worth, and the earlier the better. The GUI can be the first part of it.

Community can do most translation works. I translated P-51D manual last year. Cockpit translation is also not difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Setting aside elitist clap trap, why would ED ignore the possibility of opening up a huge market through the simple expedient of providing language support?

Because it might be a big undertaking to adapt the codebase to support chinese characters. That is something that the community can not do but has to be done in house.

Let's not clutter this thread up with discussion. If you want to discuss the merits of a chinese localisation, please open a thread in chit chat.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

i think its even deeper than that. i recall when Battleground Europe: World War Two Online (Cornered Rat Software), chased China localization things got pretty complicated fast. Serving from memory this included:

1 - Had to seperate the game servers/web assets from global

2 - Had to re-code all nationalities and skins to reflect red vs. blue as opposed to historical coalitions,

3 - Had to distribute through Chinese partner

4 - Had to code compliance with Chinese MMPOG regulations where an online prompt would have players log off if they exceeded a regulated playtime.

I remember there were great expectations that it would bring thousands of chinese players to the game the community loved but in the end it was an EXTREMELY high amount of effort for very minimal payoff. Its more than character sets... personally I think it may be a pandora's box of development time if they tried to tackle it... best left to the community to mod what they can and avoid the bureaucracy.

... my questionable memories' 2 c..

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 6 months later...

In the near future?!

Are you sure?A little efficiency, ok?:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]