$500 to spend. GPU or Warthog?

Just looked and the Microcenter about 20 minutes from my house has it in stock for $499. Now obviously it would be fantastic to get one, even used, for $250 but I am going to guess the odds of that happening are probably up there with me going and buying $10 in scratch offs and winning what would be the offsetting $250.

That being said how often do they come up for sale at reasonable prices. Reasonable considering the value that has to be placed on the gimmie gimmie impulse gratification of having it in my hands and flying tonight.

I am actually giddy about being able to break open my stash of nomex gloves from my uniform boxes in the attic. It never felt right flying with them using a plastic stick and it never really felt right flying without them. Maybe I'll throw on one of my old bags and helmets just to see my wife's reaction when she gets home.

Recently, there was a Warthog stick only for sale on Ebay. Retail list is $299 and I have seen it as low as $245. It sold for just under $250.

I paid $350 new, on sale, for my full set, but I haven't seen the price that low, for a new set, in a very long time.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Just looked and the Microcenter about 20 minutes from my house has it in stock for $499. Now obviously it would be fantastic to get one, even used, for $250 but I am going to guess the odds of that happening are probably up there with me going and buying $10 in scratch offs and winning what would be the offsetting $250.

That being said how often do they come up for sale at reasonable prices. Reasonable considering the value that has to be placed on the gimmie gimmie impulse gratification of having it in my hands and flying tonight.

I am actually giddy about being able to break open my stash of nomex gloves from my uniform boxes in the attic. It never felt right flying with them using a plastic stick and it never really felt right flying without them. Maybe I'll throw on one of my old bags and helmets just to see my wife's reaction when she gets home.

Both B&H and Amazon have had it for $439 within the last week, no tax, free ship

Almost bought from Amazon as I was tired of waiting for the deal I finally found.

As to your original question, I've had a TM Cougar for 11 year, modified it to the first Gen FCC (I'm serial #083) and its still going strong. In that time I have had dozens of processors and video cards. Heck I'm running SLI'd GTX 780's and I'll still be upgrading the PC in the future, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be using the same two sticks.

Get the WartHog, and TrackIR(pro)

I have both and it improved every thing. There are many of us that have profiles for this and good comments on tuning the Axis to actually Arial Refuel. thanks to every one on this forum I manage to tune my warthog to actually bump the C-130. No refuel yet, but I'm really close. You may not want it, but I'll share my tmm file. It is set up to work as the real thing with a few other buttons to trigger my dog to bring more wine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

It is set up to work as the real thing with a few other buttons to trigger my dog to bring more wine.

I'll pay good money for that bit of code :thumbup:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Enjoy your new adventure!

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

This will be awesome, you won't regret it. I can not help you in explaining it to your girl friend, but when she grabs that Ice Cold metal stick in the morning, She'll get it.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

I'm so happy my opinions align with many others this time..so rare....so rare...

WHEN you get one get some ones script and reverse engineer it. you'll be even happier with the WartHog. then the "Pit" starts growing. I don't know how to add pic's up here, and I really like the pedestal that he showed us, that's more real than mine. I have a Coffee warmer mine...(not show). If I I'm kind of proud of mine. Its in my albums and I'm hoping this link will take you there. the possibilities are endless.

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=894

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]