ScreenShot_732.jpg

ScreenShot_741.jpg

ScreenShot_733.jpg

ScreenShot_737.jpg

ScreenShot_736.jpg

ScreenShot_735.jpg

ScreenShot_765.jpg

;)

Many thanks to MrWolf of lockonskins for hosting - just need to fine-tune the description a bit, there are in fact only two new missions included at this point.

It's an 80Mb ModMan file, and you can get it here.

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/?page=downloads

edit - new version with hotfix included and MiG29K weapons/loadouts fixed, added 1800 GMT, 18/2/06

The hotfix linked to from that page only removes the text from the new training missions, it's not essential by any means.

The training missions were intended to be voiceover, but technical problems have prevented me from doing that until the next version. Right now you'll just have to watch and absorb as much as you can ;)

Readme:

Welcome to the world of Russian Naval Aviation!

This pack includes a number of new/modified features to make Lomac v1.12

more accurate regarding naval ops, and to improve mission-building capabilities.

Main features:

- High-res, realistic skins for Su33 and F14

- Su25UTG (two-seat carrier trainer version of Su25) flyable

- MiG29K flyable

- F111 AI entity

- NATO Merzifon AFB mod

- Return of the Pyotr Velikiy nuclear-powered missile cruiser

- Several Turkish OrBat changes for upcoming Anatolian Hawk campaign

- Pyotr Velikiy and Neustrashimy given ability to operate the Ka27

- Orange survival suits for Russian pilots

- New loading screens, modified menu interface

- (Coming soon) first installation of the Black Sea Ops for the Su33

- Voiceover for the training missions

- Documentation/notes on units, tactics, and employment

Many thanks to all whose input I've borrowed, especially:

Alexandra's superb Su33 and F14 skins

JJ-Alfa for the original 279KIAP and F111 mods

SwingKid for creating the Merzifon mod

People who nagged me about the Su25UTG, and anyone else I've forgotten.

This mod isn't yet complete, so I guess it's in the beta stage. There are a couple more improvements to make, and some things to tweak slightly . . . . . but right now the basic improvements are all there and all flyable.

The training tracks will require re-recording - I hope to try and re-record a couple of relevant built-in tracks with voiceover in place of the text overwrites as well.

• Like 1

This deserves a ...BUMP!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

ahem, the beta gets missed out in the thank you ceremony, shameful :p

Ah, that would be under the "anyone else I've forgotten", then :p

Yes folks, Scotsman patiently sat through not just one, but two 90Mb file transfers over MSN, so deserves much respect for his suffering and problem-reporting abilities . . . . . :p

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

you know its all good BGP, the mod makes up for it ;)

all i did was play the thing :D the credit goes to you for putting it altogether and i get minus 1 credit for deleting it by accident one time :D

I havent tryied it yet, but you can land on the kuz right? And use some limited AG stores? MP?

My PC specs below:

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

25utg, cant land on kuz as it hasnt got hook, it can land if your careful/slow and pop chute before touchdown, but otherwise no.

nad about the Mig-29K (my original question) can it land on the carrier as well? What about AG stores?

My PC specs below:

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

ow my bad, i thought u speakin bout 25utg

EDIT:

it isnt my bad, as you dont mention a specific aircraft, all you say is, can you land on the kuz...

nad about the Mig-29K (my original question) can it land on the carrier as well? What about AG stores?

It can land . . . . . but as a player-flyable aircraft, it can't stop. The 3D model of the hook is there, but unfortunately the code hook doesn't appear to be.

IIRC, A2G is only as the Su33 - unguided weapons and I THINK radar-guided if you follow the Kh41. I'm sure I checked that once, but can't remember how it worked.

In v1.02 you could have flown SEAD - with the new code for the missiles in v1.1, you can't do that either.

So the scope of the MiG is a bit limited - however, you can still launch off a carrier deck with two more pylons than the MiG29.

IIRC the 29K works fine in MP (since the code is in everyone's copy of Lomac), but since most people don't have a shape file for it you'll be flying an invisible jet. Which WILL be considered cheating ;)

...I wont be able to fly a jet that the host hasnt made avaiable anyway! ;)

The server must have to MOD as well. It is for any unMOD'ed clients that will get the invisible plane. Right?

My PC specs below:

...I wont be able to fly a jet that the host hasnt made avaiable anyway! ;)

The server must have to MOD as well. It is for any unMOD'ed clients that will get the invisible plane. Right?

Ah, that sounds rather more logical :p

Just as an aside, Flanker had the option to add your own flight into the mission - in fact that was the only way to get yourself in. I had a faint memory that Lomac kept that ability if you knew what you were doing . . . was that not right?

Thanks for the mod Brit, it kind of combines all those more interesting mods, Alfa, thanks for the 29K.

I just discovered the Pjotr Velikiy had a working SAM system, the S-125! If I remember correctly, the thing lacked any kind of armament in 1.02. With only the s-125 it isn't very leathal though, imagine if those Kortiks were operational...

The Rezky is very cool though (or was it already in FC?).

BTW, could someone tell me what exactly was modified in the meint.xml besides the mig, f-111 and su-25tm change, because I have the russian cd version installed, and with the english meint I can't change the temperature in the mission editor (which sucks when flying the su-25T).

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Thanks for the mod Brit, it kind of combines all those more interesting mods, Alfa, thanks for the 29K.

I just discovered the Pjotr Velikiy had a working SAM system, the S-125! If I remember correctly, the thing lacked any kind of armament in 1.02. With only the s-125 it isn't very leathal though, imagine if those Kortiks were operational...

BTW, could someone tell me what exactly was modified in the meint.xml besides the mig, f-111 and su-25tm change, because I have the russian cd version installed, and with the english meint I can't change the temperature in the mission editor (which sucks when flying the su-25T).

It should have more armament than that - much more. However, I'm not sure it can be modded in . . . .

Anyway, that's really Alfa's field :)

I think the Rezky was already there. I think.

There's a difference between Russian and English MeInits that affects the temperature setting?

That's odd . . . . . don't have a copy of a Russian MeInit so can't compare them directly.

I don't think I made any other changes which would have affected them . . . . however, I've modded the entries for the F-14, the export F-16, the Neustrashimiy, Pyotr Velikiy (ex-Grozny), and Turkey.

That I can remember at the moment, anyway.

For information on the functionality of the MiG-29K mod, you can visit my old download page for it here:

http://home19.inet.tele.dk/airwing/installers/installers.htm

However, note that the mod was made for Lock-on V1.02 and some of the functionality will be different when transfering it to V1.1.....most important differences:

a). the use of TV guided weapons has improved in the sense that a working TV image is present on the MFD - "launch override"(ALT+W) is still required to get a launch authorisation for weapons though.

b). use of anti-radar missiles no longer works - this is due to a change in the ARM logics for Lock-on 1.1, which is available for the Su-25T/Su-25TM FMs only.

The partial ground radar functionality that I described as remaining in the Lock-on V1.02 code is even more dysfunctional now and attempting to use it in Lock-on V1.1 can cause the game to freeze.......just so you know :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Ah! TV weapons for mig...coooooooooooooooooooool!!

My PC specs below:

Looks cool.

So any chance of something like this for 1.02, or am I just being rediculous here?

Depends on how much like it you want!

JJ_Alfa's v1.02 MiG29K mod includes a number of extra ships, the MiG29K and the Su39 flyable . . . so it's pretty close. Doesn't have the skins or Merzifon, but I think you can achieve pretty close to the same effect in v1.02 by getting some of the the individual mods from the net and installing them all.

Don't think they clash with each other . . . . . .

For information on the functionality of the MiG-29K mod, you can visit my old download page for it here:

http://home19.inet.tele.dk/airwing/installers/installers.htm

However, note that the mod was made for Lock-on V1.02 and some of the functionality will be different when transfering it to V1.1.....most important differences:

a). the use of TV guided weapons has improved in the sense that a working TV image is present on the MFD - "launch override"(ALT+W) is still required to get a launch authorisation for weapons though.

Cheers,

- JJ.

:D

I clearly haven't been flying the MiG enough in v1.1, I hadn't noticed that!

Laser guidance should still work as well, right?

I need to go try some of this stuff . . . . been more focussed on nailing it together properly, wonder what else I've missed!

You are welcome :) - I still intend on making a new version of it for FC.

Weapons capability is hardcoded for each ship in the lockon.exe - there is no entry for the Pyotr Velikiy in there at all, so I used the "Grozny" entry as "donor slot" for it. Therefore the weapons capability assigned to the Pyotr Velikiy is that coded for the Grozny.....hence the nature of the SAM.

It has been there all along :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

oh man I hope HL servrs include this MOD. The adition of the mig with TV weapons opens a whole new tactical plot!!

My PC specs below: