how stable is black shark ?

m1tp2king

Stability would have a lot to do with which version and what hardware/OS you were trying to run it on.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Asking about the shark itself or the .exe :p

Blackshark 2, afaik, is not really updated anymore. there's a few bug's left, but it's mainly about high-fidelity mechanics.

Apart that, it's a very good copter.

biggest playability difference between 1 & 2 is the collective. you need much more collective to fly in BS2. The first times, i crashed a lot :)

for exe stability, it depends, like Cichlidfan said. BS2 require a good hardware. i don't recommend it on a core2duo.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

I went from a 3.6 ghz E8400 to a 4.4 ghz i5 4670k and saw surprisingly little improvement. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given what we know about the game engine.

On topic I can't remember the last time DCS World crashed - I'm on Win 7 64-bit.

I would not be so inclined to say that BS2 for DCS World is an issue, but whether or not you can run DCS World it self stably. The module plugs into it, but the base game is whats running most of the program and the rendering. BS2 is one of the older programs in the toolbox and is in a pretty good state with flight mechanics, weapons, ect. While it does not see as much love and attention as some of the newer modules that still require tweaks and what not, it still gets updated. Keep in mind that a lot of the weapons like the vikhrs are apart of the world, not specific to the module.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

I went from a 3.6 ghz E8400 to a 4.4 ghz i5 4670k and saw surprisingly little improvement. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given what we know about the game engine.

On topic I can't remember the last time DCS World crashed - I'm on Win 7 64-bit.

Yeah per core performance has sadly hit a wall, those darn physics. I'm very impressed by the stability of 1.27, the open beta might have payed off - a big thanks to all the brave testers!

i am asking if the black shark computer game crashes to windows desktop.

As far as I remember, I have only experienced one (1) CTD in the last six months or so - the sim crashed when I tried to run an old mission originally made for v1.2.4. So yeah, it's stable enough I'd say :)

EDIT: And oh yeah, this was in MP. Can't even remember if SP has actually crashed on me EVER, now that I think of it...

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

sorry if you missunderstood me. i am asking if the black shark computer game crashes to windows desktop.

thanks.

To that specific question, I would have to answer 'No, it does not.'

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: