SDK - Map Tools

NineLine

Maps and aircraft will be interchangeable between DCS World and DCS WWII, it's been stated many times.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

IF map SDK tools ever get released, you will, unless you want to sell anything you make as official content for the sim, that's where authorization, licensing, authorization etc comes in.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Will we be able to implement maps, built by us, into the game ourselves or will they need to be authorized/implemented by the offical game producers?

I believe it was already stated by an RRG Member that the exporting functions of the Backer Map tools would be disabled.

Basically, you have the tools to expand the DCS WWII Map, save a project file and send to RRG to export and include, or something along those lines.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In my opinion, allowing players to make maps and use them would be very helpful to DCS WWII's success. WWII is a huge theater, and the demand for maps will vastly outstrip the developer's production capacity. Lots of maps = higher demand for new aircraft and excitement about the title.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I believe it was already stated by an RRG Member that the exporting functions of the Backer Map tools would be disabled.

Basically, you have the tools to expand the DCS WWII Map, save a project file and send to RRG to export and include, or something along those lines.

If this is the case, it won't stop me from submitting DCS: Waterworld for export.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the answer.

I just hope that they will be generous with their approvals. :)

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

I think Gav knows this guy :smilewink: This forum will be funny.

Yes. It was HotTom in Rise of Flight and Steel Beasts before that. I had this account as TTTiger (Tony The Tiger) pre-RoF! I haven't figured out how to change my name here.

I'm not hiding (on purpose). I just can't figure out how to change my call sign. :joystick:

Howya doin', Demon?

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

• ED Team
Yes. It was HotTom in Rise of Flight and Steel Beasts before that. I had this account as TTTiger (Tony The Tiger) pre-RoF! I haven't figured out how to change my name here.

I'm not hiding (on purpose). I just can't figure out how to change my call sign. :joystick:

Howya doin', Demon?

Contact const and ask him to change your name.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I still don't understand this decision and we never got a solid answer on what the SDK that we were buying into really entailed. I feel like it will create a large burden on RRG and any map makers. Anyone who has developed something knows how many iterations it will go through, hundreds if not thousands. I understand that the EDGE viewer can visually test the map environment, but we still don't know if it will be sufficient to create a map from scratch. Would be interested in hearing any updates on what the SDK actually is.

I want to move mud!, by Clicking and Dragging it, ahahaha.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I feel like it will create a large burden on RRG and any map makers.
The main burden, as I implied with my earlier post in this thread, will be all of the frivolous maps that get submitted. I can pretty much guarantee that I will be submitting some frivolous maps if I can't export my own. Not for the sake of harassment, but because simple maps can still have some gameplay value, and variety is nice.

Also, where else am I going to find a perfectly flat, straight strip of pavement 50 km long?

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]