Buying module on dcs website..

PLAGUEz

Not at all. I've purchased 1/2 of my modules via DCS, and the other 1/2 via Steam. They co-mingle just fine in DCSW.

It's the same process, you get a key to load during your install.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've downloaded the installer, which folder do I install it into? I t keeps saying I need to install DCS 1.2.7.. which I have (through steam).

Any help>?

Here's what I've done in the past. I have no issue downloading the module *.exe from the DCS website, for the particular module of interest. I then launch the DCS module *.exe, and when it asks for the key, whether supplied from DCS or Steam, I've had no issue putting it in when requested, and completing my install.

I've launched the *.exe from a /tmp folder, and it's always found my DCSW installation dir.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Email??

In 2010 i bought the A-10C from Steam and the product key was/is shown in the product details which can be copied-n-pasted.

All other products are bought directly on ED's site without problems. It's more likely to have problems from steam when there is any. They're the 3rd party involved.

Hi all.

First post for me. :)

I'm in the same situation than the OP.

I bought FC3 on DCS site, but I want to merge it with my Steam DCS World version.

I read somewhere else than all modules, except BS update and FC3, can be activated on Steam. :(

Is it true that I can't activate FC3 on Steam?

Or should I wait a bit for my Key to be accepted by Steam?

Or can I install from the DCS site dowload and merge the installation with my Steam DCS world?

I usually prefere Steam managing installs and updates.

Will Steam still manage the updates of FC3 if I install it from DCS site download?

Thanks for advice

Edited by Ricoo1

FX-9370 4.83 GHz, 16 GB Gskill Trident X 2400 MHz, Asus ROG Crosshair V formula-Z, GTX1080FE, Corsair TX650W PSU, Rift, XL2411T 3D 144 Hz, Windows 10 Pro

Thanks SkateZilla,

It could be usefull to update this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

Can I use my modules purchased from ED Store on Steam?

Yes except for the Black Shark 1 Upgrade and the Flaming Cliff 3 package.

Edited by Ricoo1

FX-9370 4.83 GHz, 16 GB Gskill Trident X 2400 MHz, Asus ROG Crosshair V formula-Z, GTX1080FE, Corsair TX650W PSU, Rift, XL2411T 3D 144 Hz, Windows 10 Pro

Thanks SkateZilla,

It could be usefull to update this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

Can I use my modules purchased from ED Store on Steam?

Yes except for the Black Shark 1 Upgrade and the Flaming Cliff 3 package.

Thanks for the link,just registered FC3 into steam and its downloading.Thats not what I thought would happen though as I figured that I had to wait weeks for my serial number to show up in the DLC tab in STEAM.:music_whistling:

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Thanks for the link,just registered FC3 into steam and its downloading.Thats not what I thought would happen though as I figured that I had to wait weeks for my serial number to show up in the DLC tab in STEAM.:music_whistling:

if it works, it works, if it doesn't you'd get a invalid license prompt (or something along those lines)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

if it works, it works, if it doesn't you'd get a invalid license prompt (or something along those lines)

I got you,just pointing out that I did not see the link Ricooi posted which is how I got it installed.The email sent to the customer should have this link included IMO as its hard to understand what exactly there is to do to download ED purchases onto steam acoount.

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle