A10-C on 3 23" monitor setup with a GTX 660 would run fine?

Maquiavelli

Hello,

I saw an YouTube video of a guy playing A10-C with 3 27" monitors and it looks amazing, way more immersion. I already have 2 23" 1080p monitors, but before buying the 3rd I wonder if it will run fine on my computer?

i5 4670k @3.9Ghz

16GB DDR3

GTX 660 2GB

Thanks!

I just switched to 3 monitors, they are 1x19" and 2x24", i use them mostly with helios but also rran them with my pit all over them. I did not see a dramatical loss in FPS. My specs are in my sig and your cpu is much better than mine and the gpu is coparable. So I would expect it to be ok with three 23" display.

Hope this helps, Roland

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I just switched to 3 monitors, they are 1x19" and 2x24", i use them mostly with helios but also rran them with my pit all over them. I did not see a dramatical loss in FPS. My specs are in my sig and your cpu is much better than mine and the gpu is coparable. So I would expect it to be ok with three 23" display.

Hope this helps, Roland

Thank you for the details! I went ahead and bought the third display then :smartass:

I have a 40 inch and two 27 inch monitors. (I had three 27s last year.) I use the three setup just for the A-10c. I have left and right MFCDs (TGP/Mav on the right and TAD/etc. on the left). I found using all three 27 inch monitors for "outside" view has weird distortion on the left and right monitors. So, I gave up on one 27 and got a 40 for the middle. I fly just the one 40 inch screen for everything except the A-10c.

When I have three running, I get a bit of drop in FPS (50 down to 30). I have two graphics cards that don't work much at all (over kill!) so I am sure it has something to do with the CPU.

Specs in my sig, below

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

My PC is i5 @ 3.2Ghz, Radeon HD 7850, 8 GB RAM. I have 2 small LCD monitors for the MFCD's running on a second vid card. I found that running all 3 monitors, with lowered options graphic settings, gave me unacceptably low FPS, like under 10 with lots of 3D action found in most missions. Too low to lock a target with the TGP. I hope to upgrade this year when the Haswell-E CPUs become available, but until then I am single monitor. My 3 monitor setup runs BMS quite smoothly, tho.

It runs fine if you have Nvidia Gpu (660 is fine)

Amd sucks badly in current dcs engine.

Just search bit and you know why to go with nvidia with dcs :)

-haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a 40 inch and two 27 inch monitors. (I had three 27s last year.) I use the three setup just for the A-10c. I have left and right MFCDs (TGP/Mav on the right and TAD/etc. on the left). I found using all three 27 inch monitors for "outside" view has weird distortion on the left and right monitors. So, I gave up on one 27 and got a 40 for the middle. I fly just the one 40 inch screen for everything except the A-10c.

When I have three running, I get a bit of drop in FPS (50 down to 30). I have two graphics cards that don't work much at all (over kill!) so I am sure it has something to do with the CPU.

Specs in my sig, below

So you play at 1440p at least, right? Because if you get a drop with 2x GTX 680, I can't imagine what will I get with a 660 (but on the other hand I'll be running at 1080p).

My PC is i5 @ 3.2Ghz, Radeon HD 7850, 8 GB RAM. I have 2 small LCD monitors for the MFCD's running on a second vid card. I found that running all 3 monitors, with lowered options graphic settings, gave me unacceptably low FPS, like under 10 with lots of 3D action found in most missions. Too low to lock a target with the TGP. I hope to upgrade this year when the Haswell-E CPUs become available, but until then I am single monitor. My 3 monitor setup runs BMS quite smoothly, tho.

Our VGAs aren't very much different, but as said by Haukka81 below, it is probably because it is an AMD VGA.

It runs fine if you have Nvidia Gpu (660 is fine)

Amd sucks badly in current dcs engine.

Just search bit and you know why to go with nvidia with dcs :)

-haukka81

I see, thanks!

-----

Anyway my 3rd screen should be delivered by the end of this week, then I'll write my impressions here.

• 4 weeks later...
So you play at 1440p at least, right? Because if you get a drop with 2x GTX 680, I can't imagine what will I get with a 660 (but on the other hand I'll be running at 1080p).

Our VGAs aren't very much different, but as said by Haukka81 below, it is probably because it is an AMD VGA.

I see, thanks!

-----

Anyway my 3rd screen should be delivered by the end of this week, then I'll write my impressions here.

Hey Maquiavelli,

how did your triple screen setup turn out? Do you have some impressions for us?

Best

Nume

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

5screens.JPG

Running BS on 4 23' touchscreens. 3x1920x1080 for main view, 1x1920x1080 for displays exports. The 5th 23' touch screen for TS, Helios control panel, and BS overhead panel.

All options to full with 2x filtering is giving me 30 to 40 fps with ALT-F1 view.

Got 4770K to 4,5Ghz with 780Tis and 16Gb RAM. So you should get something pretty close to this on 3 screens.

BaD CrC do you have any youtube videos of this monster in action? Would love to see DCS on your setup.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

this is on a Single 7950 DualX...

I've since upgraded.. but you get the idea :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs