Operation Godfinger

dooom

... i posted a new .miz. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2032548&postcount=25

Please use this thread for any feedback. Thanks.

Operation GODFINGER

Version 1.3

Thanks to Whiplash for playtesting!

*Not final* uses scripting.... PM me any bugs. <---- Shout out to gelexo for the CTTS script.

4 x UH-1H Co-op

Situation:

Your UH-1H team is on assignment with B Company, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment (airborne), 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team of the U.S. Army near the infamous Pasanauri Valley North of Tblisi.

The B Company is defending Observation Post (OP) Alpha through Charlie, which strategically sit to monitor movement and security along the 3 converging river valleys.

Recently, stunning incursions by insurgents have been testing our OP resolve and defences by infiltrating the villages in the valley.

Mission:

Support B Company by patroling and clearing the 11 villages of the river valleys and associated roadways for enemy activity. Once a village is cleared, secure it by inserting friendly troops from one of the Observation Posts.

Mission success will be declared when all towns have been checked and the village insurgencies have eliminated. Once insurgency is <25%, you must reinforce with an 8 man squad for security.

Troops are available at FARP Perth and OP Alpha through Charlie.

Rearm/Refuel is available from FARP Perth in Dusheti and FARP London in the hills North of Maliy Pasanauri.

Good Luck!

You *MUST* land at OP Charlie at the start of the mission to trigger enemy spawning.

OP Alpha FM Beacon: 42 FM

OP Bravo Beacon: 43 FM

OP Charlie Beacon: 44 FM

FARP PERTH Beacon: 45 FM / Tower 116.0 AM

FARP LONDON / Tower 117.0 AM

AI PONTIAC FLIGHT 124 AM

idalhs.jpg

Edited by dooom
  • Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

It just dawned on me that it would be awesome if DCS maps could be printed out as hard copies. Those of us who know land-nav could use a real knee-pad to navigate. Your mission looks awesome, by the way. thanks for sharing.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - i am up to version 1.7 with this one and have fixed an arse-load of bugs after some more play testing..

I'll release the new version when 1.28 is released because i'll also likely add some different types of troop insertion mini-missions and sling load aspects to coincide.

Cheers,

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Yeah - i was thinking of adding the Mi8 in to serve as the main transport ... i am waiting for 1.28 to add new funcitonality then ill add slingloads and mi8 in for release 2.0

Yeah - i was thinking of adding the Mi8 in to serve as the main transport ... i am waiting for 1.28 to add new funcitonality then ill add slingloads and mi8 in for release 2.0

I actually did that for my squad.

Only downside is that you are still limited to 8 soldiers.

It's a really nice mission. We fly it all the time and replayability is great with all the random stuff.

I did remove all the infantry patrols though to gain 10fps.

'Frett'

glad to hear you enjoy it turbo... if you fly it often, i'd be happy to share my recent version with some bug fixes so you can playtest it.

if interested pm me. I dont want to make it public until 1.28 is in.

We at 319th vFW are happy to test fly a new version. We are using 1.2.7 as long as 1.2.8 is in open beta.

Things we have noticed so far:

• The green smoke is apparently a continuous trigger (to keep the smoke turned on). If you're up close your framerate dies.
  • Very laggy (CPU-intensive because even low frames on F10 map) because of 1200+ units. Maybe reduce the amount of units in a town. For testing we will remove the infantry patrols as it gives a huge FPS boost. (You will probably not notice with your CPU).
  • The FM homing on the OP's doesn't works for clients. However, I did pick up a signal (morse and direction) in single player. Only the spawned infantry requesting extraction transmits a good signal for MP clients.
  • The mortar attack on OP Charlie is terribly effective. We killed the mortar team after they were able to fire for ~2 minutes. 77 Dead soldiers at OP Charlie (that is all infantry, no exceptions)
  • Random messages to dog flight about 'boots on the ground', while none of us have inserted troops (could it have something to do with the AI Huey flight?).
  • Does the power station attack work? I drop troops next to it but no feedback whatsoever...
  • Please add ground power support on the FARPS
  • We were forced off comms for like 3 mins during the mission succes music. Apparently it was too loud for the others (not for me though). Maybe make it shorter.
  • Maybe change the text <player> extracted troops to <player> picked up troops if you are picking up troops from a FARP or OP. We're not really extracting them to return them to their base. Quite the opposite actually.
  • What about incorperating Ranger79's base objects? You can make the already awesome looking OP's even more awesome!

Hope this already helps

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

;) lots of that is now fixed... Pm me and I'll hook you up with new version

• 11 months later...

This is an old thread it seems. I'm sure I've seen a more recent one concerning OP GF but can't find it just now?!

Anyway, this is a SERIOUSLY cool mission :thumbup: Although I've only just tasted it so to speak, ran a server for a couple hours just now and dropped some troops & offed a couple baddies riding a Huey. But will certainly fly it more in the near future. A great mission!

But a minor (if not smaller) gripe still. Just a cosmetic one, actually. But could you please at some point move the FARPs etc. into locations that are more pleasing to the eye, i.e. not on top of creeks and stuff? Yah, I know, just the aestethic fairy in me speaking, but still :cheer3nc:

But all in all, a splendid mission. Thanks again. S!

PS / EDIT: And oh yah, I'm running v3.3. Is that the current one?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

cool that you still dig it msalama... i think you can download my latest in the UH1H mission thread but can't remember. Feel free to edit it by removing units or moving the farps... i really don't mind...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2354977&postcount=5

Edited by dooom

• 1 year later...