Autorotation 1.2.8.

Focha

Hi guys,

I've had an engine failure at 2000 FT around 100 KIAS. It was almost impossible to recover 60 KIAS and after that it seems that there was almost none cyclic authority to do the flare.

The second auto I did was with full aft cyclic and the nose dropped like a rock.

Anyone noticed any difference in auto behavior?

Regards

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• ED Team

Can not say I have noticed, did a autorotation recently in 1.2.8 ( after running out of fuel, say no more lol )

if you have a track it would help.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I haven't found any difference (yet) after doing a couple of auto-rotations in the new version. I find in both versions that I need to temporarily pull a bit of collective to make the nose come up and establish an 80 knot approach. I start my auto-rotations from 1,000 AGL and bottom the collective within 2 or 3 seconds of throttle off.

Cheers!

Edited by JimTM

The problem seems to be with the trim. Starting a mission with the helicopter flying and then doing an auto, if you put the joystick full aft, you don't get the cyclic to be fully aft, you have to reset the trim first.

Try that please and see if you get the same results.

If you start the mission with the aircraft on the ground there is not problem.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

The problem seems to be with the trim. Starting a mission with the helicopter flying and then doing an auto, if you put the joystick full aft, you don't get the cyclic to be fully aft, you have to reset the trim first.

Try that please and see if you get the same results.

That sounds very familiar. I just thought it's always been like that.

With the Huey, I never start in the air, and I trim a lot, so whenever I do an autorotation, the helicopter is already trimmed. Maybe it's not autorotation that was changed, but instead the trim when starting airborne?

Ive noticed in 1.2.8 that the collective seems to have a lot more authority now. It just seems like I cant get they heli out of the sky anymore, all it wants to do is fly. I did an autorotation earlier from 4k to 1k, and it felt normal. Landing however...felt like a leaf caught in an updraft.