OK, I''m ranting

msalama

For the reasons following:

1) Can't fly the Huey with plastic crap controllers (not an ED problem obviously). They're just too coarse for the excellent & responsive FM. And the problem for me, of course, is that I can't afford anything better just now. (a personal reason, yeah, but do read on)

2) My personal whines notwithstanding, this actually is boring as hell. Either you fly the same ol' static SP missions and/or campaigns - of which some are indeed brilliant, no doubt, but it gets repetitive - or you go online, where the servers seem to consist of *AHEM* the same ol'... with a bunch of idiots (including me) who don't know what to do... or, in the worst case, someone getting enjoyment from teamkills etc. So in the long run, blech... and no continuity / coherence whatsoever either... so where's the dynamism, and do we get any ever?

3) This is a great sim per se, but every iteration seems to break things more than they fix. F.ex. the framerate seems to get worse with every patch (plus breaking functionality, see f.ex the the thread about ground units piling up on a railway bridge), but the improvements are baby step sized still. So looking from the sim engine POV, is this thing REALLY under control still?

Just asking is all. Waiting for better times though ;)

PS. Sorry, wrong board. Can you mods please move this to either the chitchat or the main board, please?

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I understand some of your frustration.

1. Simulators always ask much resources and expensive hardware helps no doubt. But my experience is that I wasted a lot of money on the most expensive controllers and that my cheapest controller did a better job.

2. Since you post in the huey forum and with regards to missions. Don't go just yet. (shameless plug) I am making a MP mission with open free flight operations and player scores. To have some online flying fun with others. I hope you like it too.

picture.php?albumid=905&pictureid=6449

3. I do believe they create and fix more than they break. So unfortunately I don't agree on that. Communication about what happens when is a lesser developed skill.

Just to not let you go. It is also about a mature community and mastering the "high grade planes" like A10, Huey and P51 you never find anywhere else. Hope to meet you online soon! :)

I understand some of your frustration.

1. Simulators always ask much resources and expensive hardware helps no doubt. But my experience is that I wasted a lot of money on the most expensive controllers and that my cheapest controller did a better job.

2. Since you post in the huey forum and with regards to missions. Don't go just yet. (shameless plug) I am making a MP mission with open free flight operations and player scores. To have some online flying fun with others. I hope you like it too.

picture.php?albumid=905&pictureid=6449

3. I do believe they create and fix more than they break. So unfortunately I don't agree on that. Communication about what happens when is a lesser developed skill.

Just to not let you go. It is also about a mature community and mastering the "high grade planes" like A10, Huey and P51 you never find anywhere else. Hope to meet you online soon! :)

That looks like alot of fun ..looking forward to the release....:thumbup:

That looks like alot of fun ..looking forward to the release....:thumbup:

exactly, count me in! :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Nothing wrong with getting bored. Don't try to force it. Do something else until you feel a desire to come back, if ever.

I've taken breaks from DCS. Sometimes I just didn't feel like flying/siming/etc for a long while. Maybe when you come back you'll have fresh ideas. After not playing for a while, the F-15 AFM came out and I've been working on and off on a campaign while testing the flight model. I also have the MiG-21/F-86/Hawk to look forward too and they might hold me until EDGE and/or Nevada comes. If not I'll find something else to do.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Try the Black Shark, has more missions than any other DCS module and you get to blow up tanks from 8km away. It's also a LOT easier to fly than the Huey. I bought the Ka-50 when it came out and I just used to fly with my Microsoft Sidewinder joystick so you should be fine ;)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Try the Black Shark

Have flown it since 2008 when it first came out and I'm even more fed up with it. Bust a tank, rinse, repeat... plus that switching on the SKHVAL in v1.2.8 seems to make the sim very stuttery.

But OK, enough of my whining, having a wee sim break now. Take care guys.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.