Unplugging the X-55 causes PC to freeze, mouse movement produces beeping sounds

Hi all

So on Friday I got my X-55 in, and I was of course eager to test it. I had some troubles installing the drivers, but in the end it worked, I could program the stick and it flew like a charm in FSX, TKOH, and DCS A-10C. Now, when I unplugged the thing, I noticed something strange. I have a Logitech G19 with a small lcd on top of it, and that immediately froze up (pc stats, temps etc just froze), but I figured that perhaps LCDHost crashed which happens from time to time. But as I moved my mouse, I noticed something even more strange. The cursor lagged like there's no tomorrow, and everytime it moved a bit, there is this beep. ctrl-alt-del or ctrl-shift-esc still worked (however alt-del took 5 minutes to bring up the required screen) and the task manager just shows blank, so no processes load anymore, and it is impossible to click anything. The mouse still moves, but clicking on start or anywhere on the desktop does not work, and also left clicking causes a beep. I can use the windows key on the KB, but navigating to shutdown also takes ages. If I wait a bit longer, the entire system just freezes, the only way out is a hard reset... This problem was apparently also common with the x-52 (pro), but googling did not get me any results. Any ideas here?

Regards

KillSwitch

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
anyone got an update on this? still have the issue after a lot of trouble shooting and mad catz support is a waste of space.

I really don't understand how a company who don't answer email or have a bad customer support like that can still be in business nowadays

:chair:

Format and reinstall your OS. Plug the Saiteks in first and you'll have no further problems.

Its a lot of work but it will function 100% after that.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Format and reinstall your OS. Plug the Saiteks in first and you'll have no further problems.

Its a lot of work but it will function 100% after that.

Dale

That really is a terrible way to fix problems with your computer. Even if you have local backups of everything on your machine, you could easily be looking at spending in excess of half a day getting everything back the way you had it before.

Better place to start solving the problem is to completely uninstall all saitek software, download the latest versions, and reinstall. This is all that wiping your OS would achieve anyway.

Not true ShuRugal.

The problem that people are having is related to the IRQ's associated with the USB controllers.

Back in the day it wasn't that hard to fix this type of thing but the newer OS's don't allow for the higher level changes required to do so that I am aware of.

Reinstalling an OS may seem like a big job but in the end your system will run better anyway given your registry has become filled with bits of programs that have been installed and uninstalled a hundred times.

If you want it to function, take my advice. Otherwise, feel free to spend countless days/weeks/months toying around with uninstalling the Saitiek software, it won't work.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Not true ShuRugal.

The problem that people are having is related to the IRQ's associated with the USB controllers.

Back in the day it wasn't that hard to fix this type of thing but the newer OS's don't allow for the higher level changes required to do so that I am aware of.

Reinstalling an OS may seem like a big job but in the end your system will run better anyway given your registry has become filled with bits of programs that have been installed and uninstalled a hundred times.

If you want it to function, take my advice. Otherwise, feel free to spend countless days/weeks/months toying around with uninstalling the Saitiek software, it won't work.

Dale

That is the shotgun to swat a fly approach and should be last resort..

I would recommend unplugging all USB devices and go in and delete them in device manager.. Then once they are all gone, start re-plugging them in one at a time. (I would start with the Saitek first) Plug each one in and configure each one until they are all working properly..

I would also check to make CERTAIN that you have the latest drivers for all of them as well..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Lol, ok man, give it a go but I'm telling ya. Spend half a day reinstalling your OS or spend the next month troubleshooting only to do as I suggest anyway.

I'm not trying to be pompous, it very simply has been tried by a thousand people before and the result is always the same.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Lol, ok man, give it a go but I'm telling ya. Spend half a day reinstalling your OS or spend the next month troubleshooting only to do as I suggest anyway.

I'm not trying to be pompous, it very simply has been tried by a thousand people before and the result is always the same.

Dale

I suppose that depends on who the thousand people that have tried and whether they know anything about computers or not, but this is what I do for a living so maybe you might want to at least give my suggestion a try? (It won't take a month and I PROMISE you it is quicker than a reinstall)

IRQ conflicts can be tough to troubleshoot with USB, but they are not impossible as long as you are patient and methodical.. You can usually figure out which 2 components are causing the issue as long as you are careful and methodical about it.. (Yes I am repeating that for a reason. It is important)

Besides, if it turns out to be a driver issue, your solution won't fix it either. AND you will have wasted all that time re-installing the OS..

Also, if possible remove all external hubs as they can cause these issues as well. (And if you MUST use one make certain it is powered externally as low power will cause all KINDS of issues)

RAMBO

Ok, lets give this a solid talk.

I tried your solution and it did not work.

I also am a Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Systems Engineer, A+Tech, etc etc etc.

It is not a driver issue because after reinstall the drivers work very well. I tried two OS's on two different machines, both worked. Again its an IRQ problem.

I tried both with a HUB and without before reinstall, it did not function. After reinstall I used an unpowered HUB with great success. Still do.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

And you sir are not the OP are you? So glad to hear your complete re-install worked for you, but still don't recommend that you do that until a few other options are tried first.. You are welcome to re-image your machine on whim, I just don't recommend it..

(And I am not going to bore everyone with my certs... Suffice it to say I have paper hanging on my walls as well)

Thanks!

• Like 1

RAMBO

I wasn't trying to be pompus. I stated I wanted to have a solid talk on the topic which in my mind means, lets talk this through.

It was never my intention to offend.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I wasn't trying to be pompus. I stated I wanted to have a solid talk on the topic which in my mind means, lets talk this through.

It was never my intention to offend.

Dale

Fair enough..

Then let's do this then. The OP (And anyone else that is having this issue may read both of our suggestions and they can decide which route to take and if they would be so kind as to come back and tell everyone how it goes, THEN we can discuss further the merits of both opinions..)

It is very possible that my suggestion will not work, but I figure it is easier than the full re-image process.. It may not work and your suggestion may very well be the answer... (Though I hope not for their sakes)

We shalls see how it goes..

RAMBO

Nowdays all peripherals are USB conected. All of them need some 5volts and some various ampers values drained out from motherbord. Some fancy mobos have USB ports capable to give up to 1A while most of them only 500mA. Is already well known that Saitek have devices which demands lot of power.

It will be good to have few things in the mind:

1. be sure all conectivity is perfect. Electrical flapping give almost always system crash on motherboards with unfiltered usb. Be very carefull to usb cable extenders, use gold plated ones.

2. when multiple usb devices will be used be sure that the most electrical power demanding one have an external powered hub

Reinstalling OS, playing IRQs are just placebo effects and the problems will reocur soon.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Abburo I reinstalled my OS almost a year ago, installed the X55's and have had 0 problems since.

Did you do the same and have a problem? All discussion on the topic can only prove to inform us.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Yes dig_it. I had my issues too with some Saitek and Logitech devices. And I helped other people too. Using what I described earlier. I just tried to give a hint not to derail the topic for showing off.

BTW, that IRQ tuning era has ended long time ago.

If you solved your issues by reinstalling OS, well lucky and good for you. As far as I am concerned this is not anymore a solution but a former Win95/98 approach. New versions of windows (especially the mighty 8 ) are far more evolved than 15 years ago...

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Gee Abburo, you seem sensitive on the topic.

I believe I stated that defining IRQ's was a thing of past. Did you take the time to read my entire post?

There is nothing lucky about my approach, it works and very well. You must take into account not everybody is using Win8 or 10 and the solution for each OS is different.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Gee Abburo, you seem sensitive on the topic.

I believe I stated that defining IRQ's was a thing of past. Did you take the time to read my entire post?

There is nothing lucky about my approach, it works and very well. You must take into account not everybody is using Win8 or 10 and the solution for each OS is different.

Dale

I don't think he's sensitive though I can understand his sentiment as IRQ conflicts are pretty much nonexistent these days and seeing suggestions in that respect makes me cringe a little as well. He's right about the power requirements as most USB ports are limited to 500ma, depending on the chip, after enumeration and limited to 100ma before enumeration. From what I understand a buddy of mine has an X-55 and managed to get rid of most all the problems by plugging it into a powered USB hub and or modding the USB drivers to allow more power to the devices. He just found the powered hub option to be easier.

It's possible that when you re-installed your OS you got different USB drivers that don't limit the power output to 100ma before enumeration or solved some negotiation issue. Hence why re-installing the OS "fixed" your problem. Also most onboard USB "hubs" use the same power source so if you have all USB ports in use, it's probable that it's not going to be able to support the load of all the devices. Also from what I understand USB 3.0 ports are able to support more power through each individual port so if you have them you could try using those instead and see if it fixes the issues for anyone else.

Could be.

Have a good day.

Dale

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hello,

I have exactly same prolbem, as described in first topic. I read this thread carefully, but I didn´t find proper solution, except complete reinstal OS. I tried connect joysticks to front usb panel, back usb panel and also to usb hub with external power. No change. Disconnecting joysticks make my system strange freezed, laging mouse and only restart can help.

So let´s take a look again for this problem and try figure this out, we are not only a few members with this problem :helpsmilie:

Thanks

Jiri