a very singular noise

Picksplitter

In my work I am a fire suppression tech, fix and service all things mechanical to fight fire...5 years ago I started taking care of Victoria Air Maintenance and saw this Mosquito being worked on, got to see it @ 3 times a year since then. 2 days ago I was at the airport to see her 1st. after rebuild flight tests. She took off like a banshee, wheels up and the left wheel wouldn't! The aircraft immediately went 'full' dirty, flew one circuit and landed. Walking to lunch today I heard a very singular noise, looked up and there it was, wheels up and going like.... well, a bat out of hell. Enjoy the rebuild pic's and I think I can honestly say, nothing on this planet remotely sounds like the deHavilland Mosquito.

Wow...

http://www.vicair.net/mosquito.html

Edited by Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

The only wood plane in WW2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

She should sound nice, Twin Merlins like having two spitfires running at the same time, Though I believe they don't have the superchargers on in the Mossie no need it is fast enough.

@ Chardly38 . not quite there was the Gloster Gladiator and the Swordfish, both Biplanes and both well outclassed and out of date, both fought with distinction google the channel dash heroes for the swordfish, it also attacked the Italian fleet in Taranto harbour.

Edited by G00dnight

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Omg, she's such a beauty, my favourite WWII plane. I really hope, that someone will choose it to develop this wooden wonder for the DCS...

2007.gif

Me too!

Thanks for the link! Don't forget to scroll all the way to the bottom people, I almost missed the good stuff! :)

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

In my work I am a fire suppression tech, fix and service all things mechanical to fight fire...5 years ago I started taking care of Victoria Air Maintenance and saw this Mosquito being worked on, got to see it @ 3 times a year since then. 2 days ago I was at the airport to see her 1st. after rebuild flight tests. She took off like a banshee, wheels up and the left wheel wouldn't! The aircraft immediately went 'full' dirty, flew one circuit and landed. Walking to lunch today I heard a very singular noise, looked up and there it was, wheels up and going like.... well, a bat out of hell. Enjoy the rebuild pic's and I think I can honestly say, nothing on this planet remotely sounds like the deHavilland Mosquito.

Wow...

http://www.vicair.net/mosquito.html

only thing comes close sounding to a mosquito , is x2 spitfires flying in formation.