Emergency Systems Implemented

Tango

Hi,

The emergency systems are now implemented!

Emergency systems include:

* Emergency Gear Extension

* Emergency Air Brake Retract

* Aileron Hydraulic Power Override

Emergency Gear Extension

The emergency gear extension system comprises a nitrogen bottle system that blows the landing gear down. It inhibits the hydraulic system (even if pressurized) and opens ports in the top of the hydraulic rams to allow the nitrogen gas to directly force the rams to the fully extended position.

The system is single-shot, and once operated can not be reset in the air.

Emergency Air Brake Retract

In the event of the loss of hydraulic pressure with the air brake extended, the emergency air brake retract system operates a bypass valve, allowing hydraulic fluid to flow from the hydraulic ram back to the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

The air brake retracts through the force of the air flowing over it, with the amount of retraction being proportional to true airspeed.

The system requires electrical power to operate. If there is no forward airspeed, the air brake, if not locked in the up position, can drop under its own weight.

Aileron Hydraulic Power Override

The aileron hydraulic system can be bypassed. A switch in the cockpit opens a bypass valve, removing hydraulic power from the ailerons. The system is then operated via cables to the aileron actuators directly. Control forces increase significantly.

The system is operated by a push-button switch and requires electrical power. The system can be reset in flight if hydraulic power is restored.

This is an overview of the depth of the emergency systems simulation.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango
  • Thanks 1

• 8 years later...

I tried the Emergency landing gear handle - and it can't be reset on ground when cold either. 😞 Is it possible to give us at least some assist function to fix this?

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

24 minutes ago, virgo47 said:

I tried the Emergency landing gear handle - and it can't be reset on ground when cold either. 😞 Is it possible to give us at least some assist function to fix this?

Actually, this is faithful to the real aircraft, the emergency handle can be used just once. The gear doors and train deployment is made with pneumatic power from a nitrogen bottle using pipes independently from the normal hidraulic ones. Once used, the aircraft has to go into maintenance to restore it. Here is my take on the emergency procedures in case you want to learn more about this:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26he0hlB46ef8z6B8Wgg

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Rudel_chw I understand that, that's why I mentioned "assist" function ("cheat"). The thing is, I was a few minutes into the first tutorial, just checking the things - and I had to restart it. In DCS I still don't reliably know what click does what, when to drag, when to click, what cycles, etc (even in C-101 left/right clicks are not direction-wise consistent for each switch) - so it's good idea to try it in a new plane. The handle is a single click operation. Of course, I'll try to avoid it like the plague now, but it's prohibitively easy to activate.

Thank you for the link, it is interesting, but way above my trials at this moment. 😉

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

18 minutes ago, virgo47 said:

Thank you for the link, it is interesting, but way above my trials at this moment.

ok, your post catched my attention because energency procedure handling is one subject that trainer aircrafts are good for … here is a thread about the subject for when you gather more flight hours with the C101:

👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB