need advice on simple new joystick

i am just an avereage DCS player and i need a new, simple and cost-effective flight stick and i have no idea which one to get... any advice whould be appreciated.

theses are the only requirements i absolutely want from it:

-dual thrust

-ability to twist (for rudder without pedals)

-i'd prefer if it's HOTAS but i can live without it,i don't care if it has christmas lights or not, i don't care if it's made of metal or not, i just want something that feels good and is accurate to control, for a reasonnable price, not friggin half a thousand dollars...

i tried to look around on all the different ones,

it seems basically you can only get really good ones for 500 dollars (Warthog and the like) that's made of metal with lights and everything.

or a really shit one for 100 dollars or less, and nothing whatsoever in between...

to top it off even for all the expensive ones (exept for the Warthog) i still see a few reviews who say they are shit for X and Y reasons...

it seems as it's impossible to make the right choice if you haven't been following the market for years; and the reviews are useless because on just about any stick i checked, i see people who say it is the best ever, people who say it is the worst ever, and all the continuum in between...

i have been using a Saitek aviator-01 for years now and i used to really like it for what it was, but now it's mostly busted (spring doesn't respond with same amount of force on right and left, it doesn't center anymore, it has a big dead sone on the left, ect...) and i desperately need something new and, at least a little better...

any advice whould be welcome!

Well, a Logitech 3d Pro can last only a few years, but is (in your words) "in-between" in a good way in those years. Only 30 USD on Amazon. Made of plastic almost entirely though. 12 buttons and a twistable joystick is a plus though. However, it should be just a go-to while you raise the money for a better joystick, not something you'll have for more than 3-5 years.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Where you from Just Someone?

From france

Thx for the proposals so far, the logitech 3D pro could be good but has no throttle.

as for the saitek X-55, i had took a very close look at that one yeah, but apparently i've heard many stories of throttle block not working right out of the box, and it has the Saitek spring-plate system (which i really don't know if it's that bad or not since my old Aviator has it too, and i've never really flown on something else much, but everyone does seems to believe it sucks for prescision flying and wears out quickly)

Thx for the proposals so far, the logitech 3D pro could be good but has no throttle.

The 3d Pro DOES have a throttle. It's the little black slider behind the joystick.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 4 months later...

As mentioned in another similar thread, I have used the Saitek X-52 Hotas for about 10 or 12 years ... and loved it. But it is old and worn out now.

So I recently purchased the X-55 Rhino Hotas.

I love it. It works great, although I am still trying to figure out how to program a few things (rotaries etc) but there is a great video by FroogleSim who shows how to use the HUD Software (that you download for the X-55). Unlike some have mentioned, I have had NO Issues with regards to the Stick being sticky or noisy or anything like that. Plus you have 4 interchangeable Tension Springs allowing you to customize the tension ... which is really nice.

My ONLY disappointment is the Height of the Stick Grip (wrist resting ledge to the buttons) but I resolved that by cutting strips of Mouse Pad Foam and layering them together with Double-Sided Carpet Tape and raised the wrist-rest height by about 1.25 inches. Now ALL the buttons are within easy reach. Nothing is blocked and it didn't cost me anything. It might not look pretty, but who cares ?

I guess my only misgiving ... is that ... I still can't fly worth a dang. However, my learning curve (with regards to Hovering) is coming along Much Faster that it did or would have with my old, worn out Hotas.

I think the X-55 is a great Hotas for the price.

SnowTiger:joystick:

X-55 all the way.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet