Can someone help me figure out what to purchase?

I started simming about 30 years ago but I've been out for the loop for the last 7 years or so with almost zero time flying on the PC... The little time I've had for simulation has been for forum lurking etc...

I purchased the SSI simulations years ago (can't remember the name, but flew the SU-27 if I recall). I also purchased LOMAC years ago and enjoyed it.

More recently (maybe 5 years ago now) I purchased BS and A10 with hopes of having time to fly but alas, the time never materialized.

This is looking like the year that I can get back in and have some fun. EDGE looks fantastic and I can't wait to fly again!

But there are so many DCS products now, I have no ide what to get and what (if any) use the original LOMAC, BS, and A10 value are. Can these be used for anything now, or are they just a "sunk cost"?

DCS-wise, my interest is in flying a very realistic rendition of a plane in a realistic environment. Believe it or not, combat and weaponry is a distant second to just "flying around" in a believable cockpit, AFM, and graphical environment. I have an interest in Helicopters, but my primary interest is fixed wing.

I want to be able to fly in EDGE ASAP when it comes out. I love the MIG-29 and SU-27 as much (if not more) than the F-15. I love WWII aircraft as much as modern aircraft.

From what I gather, based on the aformentioned, I would want to purchase/fly anything with an AFM... I guess that would be SU-25, F-15C, A-10C, P-51, and FW-190. Yes?

Do I need to purchase "DCS World" to fly these planes? What would be my best path ahead as far as purchasing goes? What should I buy based on my interests in AFM and EDGE. I have no interest in driving ground vehicles.

Please help. Thanks.

DCS World is free and comes with the SU-25T and the TF-51D. So with DCSW alone you can fly two great AC with AFM and PFM respectively.

AFM = Advanced Flight Model

PFM = Professional Flight Model

You can purchase FC3 or the individual AC from it, also keep in mind an AFM/PFM for the Su-33 is in the works and should be released in the near future. (near future being relative and could end up being next year)

I also HIGHLY recommend the A-10C - you just can't go wrong with it.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Thanks!

So, I guess the PFM is higher fidelity than the AFM? If so, I'm confining myself to that. Is the new F-15C a PFM? What aircraft have (or will have) the PFM?

Also, are you saying that If I get DCS world I can upgrade my BS and A-10 to get the better versions of those?

With your A-10C, you don't have to spend any additional money to integrate it into DCS World, simply use the same key. However for the Blackshark you have to buy an upgrade key from the store(as of right now the upgrade keys are out of stock, not sure when they'll make more).

The AFM/PFM thing can be kind of confusing, right now I don't think any aircraft has a PFM(might be super wrong on this) but all the AFM aircraft(which are everything except some FC3 aircraft) are super fun to fly and handle well. You really can't go wrong with any the aircraft here, but if you're a lot more interested in flying than shooting, I'd recommend the P-51, which you can pretty much fly for free because DCS World comes with a free TF-51, which is almost the same exact aircraft! I always have a lot of fun flying it around, so I would recommend trying it.

The AFM/PFM thing can be kind of confusing, right now I don't think any aircraft has a PFM(might be super wrong on this)

That is wrong

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks!

So, I guess the PFM is higher fidelity than the AFM? If so, I'm confining myself to that. Is the new F-15C a PFM? What aircraft have (or will have) the PFM?

Also, are you saying that If I get DCS world I can upgrade my BS and A-10 to get the better versions of those?

1. F-15C in FC3 is PFM.

PFM = AFM with further detailed flight model (control system etc) + some detailed system modeling (fuel, hydraulic, etc.).

2. DCS World is a free platform. BS has an upgrade version BS2, A-10C is DCS level module (PFM+ASM) while A-10A is part of FC3 and just AFM w/ simple system model. BS cannot be played on DCS World, since itself is a dedicated game. If you wanna play Ka50 with others, you need either buy BS2 or upgrade BS to BS2.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |