How using the "Red warning light on the gunsight"...

Skulleader

Hello guys ;)

There's one thing that I cannot understand, I've well read the manual but I don't understand this word: "TAB" in this chapter: :book:

Tab.jpg

When I read "TAB" in this text is it the "TAB" from my keaboard or other thing because for me TAB it's: Multiplayer chat - Mode All :helpsmilie:

As I do not understand this explanation I can't use the radar red light (lock) ?

Please can you explain to me where is this key "TAB", from my keyboard because in my mapping menu from DCS impossible to found this function...

A great thanks in advance, Skull. :thumbup:

Tab isn't right key. Best to designate one to hotas yourself.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Best to designate one to hotas yourself.

Hello Mirtma,

Thanks for your explanation but if I well understand "TAB" is one key from my HOTAS ?

If it's the case can you tell me the function of this TAB ?

Thanks again....

TAB is the key above capslock on the left on a UK/USA keyboard :) Used for "alt tabbing" to get back to desktop from the game without closing it among other things

It isnt the correct binding though! need to bind a key to electrically cage sight yourself. Although im not sure it's working correctly at the moment as in my air to ground thread

Just like Random and JAR said. Tab is on keyboard and is not bind to Electrically cage sight. Best to configure some other button to do the task.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I assigned electrical caging button to 'china hat fwd'.

Ok it's good for me, I've one Warthog Hotas :thumbup:

You have to flick the sight mechanical caging lever to the right first, this uncages the pipper.

Ok here again it's OK :thumbup:

Holding the electrical caging button recenters the pipper.

Here again it's OK :thumbup:

Hold it and place the pipper on the target and the red light should go solid. release the electrical caging button.

Here I meet one problem because my red light always flash and never go solid and it's this step who don't work, why ? :cry:

One think that I do not understand ?

One video is available from this metod ?

Once a great thanks again, Skull. ;)

Here I meet one problem because my red light always flash and never go solid and it's this step who don't work, why ? :cry:

You have to get very close before it'll do a solid lock. Try with the instant action intercept mission where you have to shoot down a transport plane. You can creep up behind it and see how close you need to be for a solid lock.

Stabilise the pipper on the bandit and fire.

You have to get very close before it'll do a solid lock.

Thanks again, just one last question, this method work fine with all targets (ground and air-air) or just with the ennemy jets ?

This method work with the rockets and the Air to Ground attack ?

Thanks again, Skull.

It work for AG too. But from my limited testing you need a fairly steep dive, aim for 45 degrees. If you come in too shallow the radar return is deflected and you need to be very close for solid return (solid red light).

This is not confirmed, but my working hypothesis at the moment. :)

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Did some testing, and 45 degree dive doesn't make the light solid. Though I had it solid several times when coming in shallow.. It's not consistent for me, and I wait for a proper instruction video or confirmation from testers/devs how it's supposed to work. I don't get the range meter to work as I think it's intended.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

:cheer3nc:-SUPER-:cheer3nc:

With you knowledge and explanations I've launched my first missile and destroy my target with my F-86. :thumbup::notworthy:

Definitely this module is maybe in Open-Beta but is really awesome and very well created.

This weapons systems are not really easy to understand but one time that you have the method it's a lot of pleasure and easy.

After few hours to understand how to launch an missile now it's OK.

I've spent almost one hour for discovered that my error was from the trigger of stick, in fact we must press during one second for launch the missile but now it's OK.

I would really like thank you for all your explanations :thumbup:

Bye, Skull :beer:

I dont think you should be trying to use the radar for ranging in AG mode... it was never designed for that. The Flight Manual has numerous cautions about Radar usage in AA modes at low level with spurious locks etc.

I dont think you should be trying to use the radar for ranging in AG mode... it was never designed for that. The Flight Manual has numerous cautions about Radar usage in AA modes at low level with spurious locks etc.

So the automatic bomb release (not LABS) is supposed to be done without range information? That sounds wrong.

So the automatic bomb release (not LABS) is supposed to be done without range information? That sounds wrong.

Nope from what I can figure out so far its straight out triangulation using Pilot input Release Altitude and Depression setting. The rElease altitude being set on the circular instrument up on the gunsight The only thing automatic about it is weapon release the Machine pickles rather than the pilot.

So Range comes from the Planned release parameters (Dive Angle,TAS,AOA,Release altitude) that pilot uses to calculate his sight depression.... therfore providing the calculated range.

Nope from what I can figure out so far its straight out triangulation using Pilot input Release Altitude and Depression setting. The rElease altitude being set on the circular instrument up on the gunsight The only thing automatic about it is weapon release the Machine pickles rather than the pilot.

So Range comes from the Planned release parameters (Dive Angle,TAS,AOA,Release altitude) that pilot uses to calculate his sight depression.... therfore providing the calculated range.

Interesting, that goes against what's said in the quick start guide from Belsimtek in the F-86 directory, and the other manual that has been posted around.

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hello,

I've tested the radar with the ground target but nothing, but in AIR-AIR it's a real pleassure, the sound inside the cockpit when you try to lock and when your radar lock the bandit is just awesome !!!!

Many great future dog-fight with this great F-86...

Interesting, that goes against what's said in the quick start guide from Belsimtek in the F-86 directory, and the other manual that has been posted around.

I don't see anything in the Quick start guide that refers to Radar usage for any Air To Ground work.

I dont have an E/F manual at home (yet) but I do have an RAAF CA27/32 Sabre set of manuals. Nothing in there about radar use in Air to mud either.

I don't see anything in the Quick start guide that refers to Radar usage for any Air To Ground work.

I dont have an E/F manual at home (yet) but I do have an RAAF CA27/32 Sabre set of manuals. Nothing in there about radar use in Air to mud either.

:thumbup:

Been doing more reading tonight on what scarce web info there is and I think you are correct. Think it was assumed, know I did, because of the caging before the dive and uncaging after the pipper is on the target. Same procedure used for ranging an aircraft.

Hopefully the accurate info will come soon.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

How about the fact that the manual states you should E-cage, dive in, and release E-cage after solid red light?

Which manual ? its not mentioned in the Quick start guide.

Before starting a diving attack, press and hold TAB (Electrical cage) . Make sure

that the reticle is fixed on the reflector (gunsight is caged) and

maneuver the aircraft to place the reticle on the target.

 While flying to hold the pipper on the target, release TAB .

Simultaneously, the gunsight will start to calculate the release

(bomb) point. Keep the position of the aimpoint over the target

until the moment when the reticle is off (the release point) and

press R.ALT + SPACE. to release the bomb(s).

Note.: If the bomb release selector switch is set to AUTO

RELEASE, press and HOLD the keys R.ALT + SPACE from

the moment the pipper is placed over the target and uncaging

the reticle. Hold the pipper over the target until the signal is

heard to release the bomb(s). Simultaneously, the bombs will be

released automatically and the reticle will be switched off (the

signal will cease).

In bold is the procedure for automatic release, but I've never heard that sound, only clunks when bombs fall off.

Ok but that has nothing to do with the radar. The Elec Cage button (with bombs selected) is only being used as cue to the system its not affecting any range input etc as the reticle doesn't move (as it does in AA). My "guess" is that this Auto dive release is some early form of Angle Rate Bombing system.

Yeah, that part makes no mention of the red light at all. It does confirm my suspicion that caging the sight doesn't work in bomb mode though, as it clearly states the pipper should be fixed when it is caged, which it currently is not.