Aim cannon without Shkval

IonicRipper

I was in a mission earlier and my Shkval got damaged; it was out of action. Its been a while since i flew the Black Shark so I couldn't remember exactly but I think I've seen somewhere that it was possible to move and aim the cannon without the Shkval, using the HUD. Am I mistaken or is it really possible to do so? And if so, how?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sometimes, even if the Shkval is working but I'm too close to track a target I'll just flip the AT (autotrack) switch (on the weapon panel next to the HMS switch) to the down position. This puts the cannon pipper in the center of the HUD and allows manual aiming.

This should work for Shkval casualty as well, though if you have other system damage you may want to use the cannon switch to select one of the backup modes instead.

• 3 years later...

Hold down the uncage button. If you're not using VR or Track IR then it probably won't be very useful though...

In VR you hold the uncage with cannon active and HMS down and the gun shoots where you look. It's pretty sweet :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)