[RESOLVED] Potential Radio problem

Cruiser18

when I open the mission in the ME edit something then hit save, the save icon turns dark blue, even if I try a save as it still won't save. when I exit the ME it warns me changes won't be saved. I can't figure out why it won't allow me to edit the campaign missions.

Hmm, that's odd, have you checked they're not set to be read-only?

They're found here:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Missions\EN\Campaigns

How is this in anyway resolved? Some of you may have found a fix but it's still a really terrible bug, no? For one, I've yet to get the radio to work, and second, I don't want to have to open and resave every mission. Why are updates breaking missions??

It would be great to have a utility that automatically loads and re-saves all the missions after each update, to avoid these problems.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Radio issue on MP servers?

What is your experience with this radio issue on MiG-21 on popular multiplayer servers? The only fix is for guys running servers to open and resave missions that are running on the MP server?

Outta missiles, outta bullets, down to harsh language...

1. "old" mission with dysfunctional radio due to a new implemented desgin where opening/saving the mission in the me solves it

2. no radio functionality until the engine runs, regardless how we configure the electric system while startup

3. problems to reach appropriate radio stations due to a wrong channel list in the canopy, which reads channels 1 - 20 when it should read 0 - 19, so you actually have to subtract 1 from the shown table to contact the listed station

There currently is no fix for issue #2.

Can someone please, in the love of god, provide a track of how to communicate with the ATC in cold start? I tried the ME resave fix, engine start, and then nothing. I'm sooooo frustrated at this point. I just want to play the campaign with ATC :(

3. problems to reach appropriate radio stations due to a wrong channel list in the canopy, which reads channels 1 - 20 when it should read 0 - 19, so you actually have to subtract 1 from the shown table to contact the listed station

Issue #3 is solvable, there's a replacement texture right down this link.

I do wish issue #2 would be solved soon, I remember it working flawlessly up until a few patches ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

This is still broken. Could mods please remove the "resolved" parenthesis?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

All noted.

- Cold start broken radio is fixed, pending patch. This was reported in a separate thread, and fixed several days ago.

- Radio channels are enumerated 0-19 in cockpit (my local files, checked with Mike also). If they appear 1-20 in the game, it is possible some of the patched textures did not reached the users (for any reason). Maybe I did not get it right - I understand you guys see chnls 1-20 in the pit, correct?

- All "old" (now "ancient") missions have been re-saved by me long ago, and uploaded for patch distribution. It is possible that all/some have never been included in the patch. I'll repeat this procedure again.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the heads-up Dolphin! Hvala! :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.