MIG 21 dirty canopy and HUD

Panthir

Hello Guys,

Is there any way to remove dirt and scratches from the canopy?

Thank you in advance for any help

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Hi Panthir.

Is there dirt on canopy? And what scratches? I remember no any dirts on canopy yet.

By saying scratches that what we see looking at sun, its general efect, if you disable it, you won't see it in all aircrafts.

Actually, a screenshot would be nice.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi Panthir.

Is there dirt on canopy? And what scratches? I remember no any dirts on canopy yet.

By saying scratches that what we see looking at sun, its general efect, if you disable it, you won't see it in all aircrafts.

Actually, a screenshot would be nice.

If you zoom in at all on the HUD it's very dirty. Looks like water spots and dust. Does make it pretty hard to see through.

You will have to open the CanopyGlass2.dds and HUDGlass.dds files located in Mods/Aircraft/MIG-21/Textures/MiG-21_CP.zip, and then darken the Alpha channel. This will reduce the visibility of the glass. (but also reflections and other effects)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

If friends desire it, I can do it with pleasure.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I'm sure there is a fair amount of people that want these touches removed. I, however, applaud the detail that LS put into the aircraft, making it look well used and not pampered.

+1

I love the battered, well used look. Adds a lot of atmosphere and immersion to the cockpit, not to mention the outside textures......awesome.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

If friends desire it, I can do it with pleasure.

I would love it if you would Devrim.

The attention to detail and the dust/grime on the HUD is executed very well, but it's also annoying and dare I say it, unrealistic. I don't know a single pilot that wouldn't reach up there and wipe it off before strapping in regardless of what regulations say on the treatment of the HUD. I would imagine this is especially true on an aircraft whose mission it is to intercept other aircraft. The sim itself makes spotting and tracking other aircraft difficult already, so more "eye candy" at the expense of gameplay is not required or appreciated.

Maybe to have a "dust removed" version of the cockpit that can be switched to in accordiance with selected liveary would be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

+1

I love the battered, well used look. Adds a lot of atmosphere and immersion to the cockpit, not to mention the outside textures......awesome.

I'm pretty sure the previous pilot left some .. bodily fluids behind in my one. It looks like a public toilet in that cockpit :fear: Its oddly pleasing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

• 1 year later...
Hello Guys,

Is there any way to remove dirt and scratches from the canopy?

Thank you in advance for any help

I ran into this same problem, damm ground crew didn't clean up the glass. Lucky for us there is two different mods out there to fix this.

Clean cockpit textures by Flanker Here

Clean cockpit & hud glass by Tetra Here (Download Mirror)

I use Tetras clean glass since taking off all the dirt feels abit unrealistic. But definitely aircraft piloted by me, the glass would be crystal clear :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]             

http://dcsfinland.fi

Suomalainen DCS Yhteisö