LAYERED TEXTURE TEMPLATES for MiG-21bis

FlyNate

DCS:MiG-21bis Layered Texture Template - By NUCK

Hello all,

I made Layered MiG-21bis Texture Templates myself using one of the default MiG textures as a canvas. I've successfully made several nice, detailed textures for my MiG-21bis, and the pictures of them are shown below. If you make skins using this, post them here so I can check them out. I'm anxious to see when everyone comes up with. :pilotfly:

NOTE: -- Leatherneck has removed the bort numbers from the front of the MiG-21, but we will have that feature back soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :thumbup:

-Nuck (FlyNate)

DOWNLOAD LINK for MiG-21bis LAYERED TEMPLATES: link fixed 25DEC2014

DOWNLOAD LINK - updated 27JAN2015

polaf1.thumb.jpg.928a72e4578abe5474e507cfff79b263.jpg

p3.thumb.jpg.d7a8abfae687c4676c12987ae1f326ed.jpg

ukr1.thumb.jpg.184cf5ec7d552857517a7f253b1c3868.jpg

Edited by FlyNate
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice work. One of these days I will have to figure out how to skin.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Very nice work. One of these days I will have to figure out how to skin.

Its not as hard as you think. If I can learn how, then ANYONE can! :megalol:

The hardest part is matching up the camo at the seams where the files meet, but the model viewer makes it a little less time consuming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not as hard as you think. If I can learn how, then ANYONE can! :megalol:

Which software are you using for your skin-making? I wanted to give the skin-making a try for a long time now, but I am always put off by the high prices for Photoshop. Neither (in a not very extensive search though) could I find any free alternatives that would allow me editing skins. Any recommendations?

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Which software are you using for your skin-making? I wanted to give the skin-making a try for a long time now, but I am always put off by the high prices for Photoshop. Neither (in a not very extensive search though) could I find any free alternatives that would allow me editing skins. Any recommendations?

I'll chime in before Nate replies.

Adobe used to provide free download links for their old versions of Photoshop CS. The ones which were outdated and not supported anymore, but still good enough for basic GFX editing. I don't know if they still do it nowadays, though.

As far as non-photoshop alternatives are concerned, I guess GIMP is still considered "the best of the rest".

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You can try Paint Shop Pro - $50 to $80. It does layers - my main graphics program.

• Like 1

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Photoshop CS3 if freeware now and you can download it from adobe web page.

I think is is best option for free.

Also I'm working on Croatian Air Forces skins both Grey and Cammo.

Gray is almost done. Details are 100% done as much 3D model allow it because in realiti it is upgraded UMD model. So I don't know should I paint GPS antena on nose or not because it is not represent in 3D model?

55f05s.jpg

And this is screenshot of the skin in game.

3O5Zc35.jpg

Cammo is under 60% WiP

HR-MiG-21bisD-&-UMD-by-Damir-MOGUS-ata-01.jpg

c6JINEa.jpg

and there is one finished skin of former SFR Yugoslav Air Forces.

BFTdH1Y.jpg

Last one is done and will be available for download under official DCS page after checking process is done.

• Like 1

I use Gimp, and i downloaded a free dds plugin for it. Now I dont even need DXT/BMP anymore:)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Photoshop CS3 if freeware now and you can download it from adobe web page.

I think is is best option for free.

Also I'm working on Croatian Air Forces skins both Grey and Cammo.

Gray is almost done. Details are 100% done as much 3D model allow it because in realiti it is upgraded UMD model. So I don't know should I paint GPS antena on nose or not because it is not represent in 3D model?

55f05s.jpg

And this is screenshot of the skin in game.

3O5Zc35.jpg

Cammo is under 60% WiP

HR-MiG-21bisD-&-UMD-by-Damir-MOGUS-ata-01.jpg

c6JINEa.jpg

and there is one finished skin of former SFR Yugoslav Air Forces.

BFTdH1Y.jpg

Last one is done and will be available for download under official DCS page after checking process is done.

IM LOVIN IT!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! I WANT :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm starting on the Syrian MiG-21 now, but is there anyone willing and able to make a good high quality skin of this MiG? I'm putting together a NATO multiplayer mini-campaign set between the Berlin Wall coming down and Desert Storm...

MiG-21_2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm starting on the Syrian MiG-21 now, but is there anyone willing and able to make a good high quality skin of this MiG? I'm putting together a NATO multiplayer mini-campaign set between the Berlin Wall coming down and Desert Storm...

MiG-21_2.jpg

Ill give it a go.

edit: i give up....

Edited by Fenderalac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I./JG2

Oberleutnant Flieger

Thanks for your responses about the paint programs. I will probably give Gimp a try, and maybe also CS3.

No problem. At first I wanted PS and settled for Gimp, but the more Ive used Gimp, the more I love it.

Hope that helps:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...