Su-27 - City River Run mission

bolek

Anyone can complete the "Su-27 - City River Run" mission? Actually, I can barely start it! As soon as I un-pause the start screen the aircraft sinks into the water no matter what I do (stable pitch, pull up, afterburners, autopilot etc.).

Thanks

:) just keep stick up a litle and be ready ... i drop into water few times before

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• 1 year later...
Or edit the mission...

I changed the start altitude to 500m and everything goes smooth...

Pardon the necromancy. Ya, I had to edit the mission too.

Course is still very hard. I know it was originally made for the P-51. I wonder if it was edited at all because there are some extreme turns in there. Oh well. I'll keep at it till I get it.

Good necro is good. I think there was another thread about that lately.

Weirdly enough, I don't have any issue with the mission start (except for the annoying zoom-out effect) but I tried, and tried, and tried, and I can't manage to pass through one of the last turns. I even tried with a pseudo-Cobra-turn. It may be possible but probably by pushing the Flanker to the limit of its current-and-more-realistic flight model (or I just suck at it).

I didn't know the mission was originally designed for the P-51D. The mission design is pretty old and the gates were set for an SFM Flanker (I think I remember that mission back in FC3).

I'd love to see a completed run video/track with the current flight model!

(one of my recent attempts attached)

OB 151_River Run crash #02.trk

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Good necro is good. I think there was another thread about that lately.

Weirdly enough, I don't have any issue with the mission start (except for the annoying zoom-out effect) but I tried, and tried, and tried, and I can't manage to pass through one of the last turns. I even tried with a pseudo-Cobra-turn. It may be possible but probably by pushing the Flanker to the limit of its current-and-more-realistic flight model (or I just suck at it).

I didn't know the mission was originally designed for the P-51D. The mission design is pretty old and the gates were set for an SFM Flanker (I think I remember that mission back in FC3).

I'd love to see a completed run video/track with the current flight model!

(one of my recent attempts attached)

Maybe it is older than the P-51 then. Ya, I know which turn you're talking about. I've tried with the cobra maneuver but I just can't gain enough airspeed back to prevent crashing into the ground.

Same failure loop here.

In the track attached I was surprised I managed to check the damn grinning gate and I thought I was already too low and slow, I didn't focus on the controls, ready to restart one more time but it seems it may, like some quantum probability, very may, be possible.

And even if it's not stochastically feasible, the search for the perfect trajectory and speed is thrilling ;)

We need more runs like this one!

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the info folks, driving me nuts as I crash as soon as it starts. Even trying to pull up it is like the tail catches the water... argggghhh!! :)

WOW, just wow. I have not made it through, yet, but what a blast.

Edited by Mortifa

Fate is inexorable...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Maybe they changed the mission in the past few years. I don't have any problems crashing, although I always need to increase the brightness on my hud. I had a really hard time with this one at first, especially that one tight turn toward the end. The problem wasn't that I was going too fast. I was going too slow so the aircraft couldn't turn. It needs some speed to make a tight turn. When you start making tighter turns it is really important to increase throttle, which can feel counter-intuitive when it seems like the aircraft it trying to keep tight turns.  If I keep it at around 500 kph, it is actually pretty easy. But it took me dozens of attempts to learn this. Also use the rudders to help the aircraft stay low and don't get up too high when pulling back on the stick in a turn.