Something to read

fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

don't you find it interesting, that Israelis extremely rarely admit that there were many of their planes (including Mirages III) shot down by Egiptian Migs? This book is biased to the bone....Try Arab Migs by Harpia Publishing....

It is obvious, that Israeli Air Force want's to keep the face, but the families of their dead pilots know better....unfortunately

don't you find it interesting, that Israelis extremely rarely admit that there were many of their planes (including Mirages III) shot down by Egiptian Migs? This book is biased to the bone....Try Arab Migs by Harpia Publishing....

It is obvious, that Israeli Air Force want's to keep the face, but the families of their dead pilots know better....unfortunately

What a ridiculous statement.

First of all, not all IAF air combat losses resulted in the IAF pilots death. Some were POW, some were rescued after ejecting over enemy territory, some managed to nurse their damaged planes back to friendly lines before ejecting, and finally some managed to land but the aircraft being so badly damaged was immediately written off. In all cases the aerial victory is credited to the Arabs.

As an Israeli I can tell you that nobody hides the details of pilots death or losses. Quite the contrary. It is all very well documented on the IAF website memorial page with in depth details and accounts.

Be that as it may I agree that there is a slight variance between what Arab sources and Israeli sources claim but that is mitigated, as Flanker wrote above the overall result was unequivocal, and this example repeats itself in every Arab vs Israel air conflicts.

As for which was the superior machine my vote goes for the Mirage 3CJ. First of all one needs to realize that in 1967 it was not the MiG-21bis model but the earlier MiG-21F with very early Atoll missiles and without cannon. Even those later models that had cannon was with very small amount of ammo.

The Mirage 3CJ by comparison had better cannon (2x DEFA 30mm), more ammunition, better lead computing gunsite, and better air to air missiles.

Now add to that the vastly superior training and experience of the IAF pilots...

Cheers,

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• 4 months later...

Both sources are full of it... No body can tell the truth except the pilots that flew on both sides... That's why I don't care what Israelis, or Arabs (me) think of the war.... or superiority... or even outcome.... Any war is ugly... no matter who wins...

That video of Egyptian Mig-21 pilot poofing dust and the Israeli behind him is CGI crap to the bones.. If it did happen, why can't we do it in the sim?? Because of exaggeration... Also Candelaria's infamous red tail reverse thrust dead on aim is complete crap...

The bottom line is, we're all moved so much by aircrafts that we want to know and replicate exact pilots moves, something we will never accomplish if it did happen.. So, everybody, chill because I'm sure Sith has all of us on his TGP and is about to pickle.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

lol yeah you can't rely 100% on a single persons recollections... some guy says he actually saw the world explode, you're just gonna believe him...?

doesn't mean those situations aren't plausible, they could have happened, weather it be by pure luck, or because someone thought they saw something that was more dramatic than what actually happened...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every side in conflict exadurates wins and diminishes losses, that's how it is: like talking about a fight in a bar to friends. I have read numoerous accounts on vietnam losses and it is ridicoulous how far the numbers are from each other based on sides.

One thing for sure NEVER believe anything to someone who is on either side.