Deployment Mission 3, Stronghold, can't complete

ratkandy

I've tried this mission a few times. What always happens:

I blow up the three bunkers.

I utterly fail to find the enemy AAA under the trees while friendlies advance.

Friendlies take over the town anyway, with minor damage, no losses.

Then nothing. I can return to base and land with my wingman, but I don't get a mission success.

I tried looking at the mission in the editor to see what triggers a success, but I'm a newb with that and couldn't discern it.

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried this mission a few times. What always happens:

I blow up the three bunkers.

I utterly fail to find the enemy AAA under the trees while friendlies advance.

Friendlies take over the town anyway, with minor damage, no losses.

Then nothing. I can return to base and land with my wingman, but I don't get a mission success.

I tried looking at the mission in the editor to see what triggers a success, but I'm a newb with that and couldn't discern it.

What am I doing wrong?

Looked at mission in the editor, your not killing all the infantry I would say.

Mission Editor

----------------

• You must kill all Insurgent Fighters 1 group
  • You must kill the Insurgents RPG group
  • You must kill the 3 bunkers, INS DOT 1, INS DOT 2, INS DOT 3
  • Flag 10 is set true on these conditions and mission complete is generated.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Use your wingman to search for hard to see targets and engage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

That mission has (or at least used to have originally, I haven't checked the current version) some enemy infantry on a roof top and some years ago a bug was introduced that causes the infantry to teleport inside the building if they try to move (which they do when you start shooting at them). You can still kill them by shooting rockets at the building but it's very hard to know where to shoot. If this is the problem then only solution is to edit the mission and move the problematic guys down to ground or kill the ones on the rooftop first with a missile or something that gets them all with one blast.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I had had the same problem last week (killed everything with the friend units in the city without losses) but the mission result was a no success. I tried again, same result, In the third try after killing everibody (at least I thought to have killed everibody) I ordered wingman to "engage target of opportunity"; he went in and killed someone I couldn't see and....the result was ok. So my advice is: use wingman!

I had had the same problem last week (killed everything with the friend units in the city without losses) but the mission result was a no success. I tried again, same result, In the third try after killing everibody (at least I thought to have killed everibody) I ordered wingman to "engage target of opportunity"; he went in and killed someone I couldn't see and....the result was ok. So my advice is: use wingman!

You got it right. Don't try to do it all yourself. Use your wingman. He can usually find threats you don't see. Also, figure out what's going on. Sometimes, just clearing out the threats to an advancing column will allow them to take out any threats to you. Teamwork. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I write here out of despair... While trying to give a go at this deployment campaign, I realised all radio comms stopped working. I just spent half a day on this... Found a few old threads mentioning similar issues but none of the suggested work around worked for me.

I can open the radio menu using the \ key and issue the commands, but the oh-so-usefull wingman remains stubbornly silent. Tried communcating with ATCs: nada.

I tried an instant mission (the Insurgents one), same thing.

I tried other aircrafts, boom! It worked again. Back in the Shark, no comms any more.

I uninstalled the module, redownloaded a fresh version, to no avail.

Please please please, where can I look for new ideas? :-)

// update :

I tried the datalink training mission, it doesn't work either. I'm sure it worked yesterday though! The only strange thing I did since then is tweaking the logbook file. I erased everything in the "Saved Games" folder for good measure, hoping it would give me a fresh start. It didn't solve the problem.

I tried updating and playing with my Steam version, no help either. This is really puzzling me :( .

Edited by Lalbatros

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, but other posts fortunately already found a solution.

In Black Shark 2 the communication menu \ only works when the KA-50 touches the ground. Once you are in air you have to use the key combaniation right ALT + \

then the communication menu appears. This only seems to be the problem in Black Shark