DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

Hi!

Does the profiles work with localized software?

I can´t activate your mod in my system (Spanish).

Thanks!

Never checked it before...but...with so many downloads so far Ithink I would have heard of a problem if there was one.

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polaris1

You wrote: "The Eagle has three options: one is active all the time at a reduced angle, one is activated with a push of a button and it makes the steering angle bigger and the last one frees the front wheel completely which enables it to turn on a dime."

I am only aware of 2 options. Do nothing and you have some slight turning ability and pressing the S key gives you a greater turning ability. What is the third option and what key controls it?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

The third option is written in that quote you used.

What key controls it is written either in the F-15 manual, or in my F-15 layout and even in the options config...do try using them...

Just to be utterly clear: this sim is a learning sim.

What is given here is meant to help get over the gigantic hurdle which is flying DCS, not replace it.

One needs knowledge, reading and training...and lots of each.

The reward is enourmous.

But, if one thinks that one can just put a config or lua file somewhere and just go out there without investing a second into knowing what or how to fly then maybe one is missing the whole point...

Not too long ago none of these files were around and if you wanted to perform you had to sweat it out...in short...RTFM!

jgVplRQ.png

Polaris1

First, I find your profiles very helpful and use them as a start for all of my modules other than the A10c.

Second, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you, but I do take offense with your above comments. I have read the manual and the FAQ below

1. Nose Wheel

1) Steering system automatically engages when nose gear is on the ground

2) Nose Gear Steering Disengage (LAlt + Q, must be held) - disengages nose gear steering system. Steering will re-engage when button is released and nose gear rotated less than 45 degrees

3) Nose Gear Maneuvering Range (S, must be held) - selects maneuvering range (45 degrees)

and still do not understand the third option. RTFM is not always appropriate. Perhaps I am just misunderstanding what you mean concerning the third option, but after searching the controls for the F15, all I can find is the S and the LALT+Q commands.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Polaris1

First, I find your profiles very helpful and use them as a start for all of my modules other than the A10c.

Second, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you, but I do take offense with your above comments. I have read the manual and the FAQ below

1. Nose Wheel

1) Steering system automatically engages when nose gear is on the ground

2) Nose Gear Steering Disengage (LAlt + Q, must be held) - disengages nose gear steering system. Steering will re-engage when button is released and nose gear rotated less than 45 degrees

3) Nose Gear Maneuvering Range (S, must be held) - selects maneuvering range (45 degrees)

and still do not understand the third option. RTFM is not always appropriate. Perhaps I am just misunderstanding what you mean concerning the third option, but after searching the controls for the F15, all I can find is the S and the LALT+Q commands.

Sobe,

If you read the manual and failed to understand the NWS then I shall ask for your forgiveness.

As for how the F-15 NWS works...

It's different from the Hog in the respect that you don't set it on or off.

It's always on when WOW (Weight On Wheels).

The basic state is: 1) Steering system automatically engages when nose gear is on the ground.

It's limited in it's range and is better suited for taking off or landing or straight lines.

When you wish to turn sharply, up to 45 degrees of motion on either side you use:3) Nose Gear Maneuvering Range (S, must be held) - selects maneuvering range (45 degrees)

There is a third option when you can disengage the front wheel altogether and by using the brakes you can almost turn on the spot: 2) Nose Gear Steering Disengage (LAlt + Q, must be held) - disengages nose gear steering system. Steering will re-engage when button is released and nose gear rotated less than 45 degrees

Hope it's more helpful :smilewink:

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

Polaris1

I was misunderstanding the use of the LALT+Q command. Now I understand. Thanks for the explanation and keep up the good work. I recommend your profiles to all new WH owners at TAW. Now back to flying (after I take my wife shopping).

Polaris1

I notice that you don't have the Mig21 and Mirage2000 profiles due to the fact that you don't have these modules. Why not ask for donations to buy these and any other modules so that you can prepare additional profiles?

Polaris1

I notice that you don't have the Mig21 and Mirage2000 profiles due to the fact that you don't have these modules. Why not ask for donations to buy these and any other modules so that you can prepare additional profiles?

Wowy...how many times have I answered this question or similar on this thread lol.

Well, actually I do have the Mig-21...but...

1. I started this thread/ project as a way to give back, just a little, to the community that has given me so much in the path of the crazy learning curve which DCS imposes on one (self willingly of course).

It has never been or shall never be involved with money or donations, though I cherish your consideration and thought.

2. Every single plane which is depicted in the package is a plane which had been thouroughly studied, tested and tried before a HOTAS setting was made for it.

SchniX brings with him extensive knowledge which is priceless and without which this work couldn't had been done.

Since I never got around to know the Mig-21, although it's a splendid module (my fault), it would had been unprofessional of me to make a profile for it.

And...yes...I had tried to make profiles with certain 3rd partied that make modules but it didn't work out.

3. It is my intention to update this package, once the DCS update frequencies subside, but not to add new modules.

Again, my main intention is to help new comers with the learning curve, but by no means replace the quest which they have to go through.

It's a stepping stone from each one can venture into any other plane with a better understanding and a set of guidelines which can help.

No more and no less.

jgVplRQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

One more a must have action before you fly: Some keys I use for more than one acion and that is done with

adding a modifier...a lever that when held you can use any button on the HOTAS for executing another action.

So...after you had replaced the input folder go into DCS>settings(each and every module's setting)>push the

Buttom left Modifier button>push add button>choose joystick at the top option>pull the lever in front of your

pinky>name it "Lever">save.

sorry the lever is this? you have some commands that are combination of this lever with other buttons?

Immagine.thumb.jpg.861e4d695d6ef53c9e0fc82a10ef52be.jpg

sorry the lever is this? you have some commands that are combination of this lever with other buttons?

Yup Lorenzo, that is the lever.

As to why...I regard the HOTAS as literally Hands On Throttle And Stick...which means that I utilize the HOTAS to its fullest potential and I barely use the keyboard during flight (if ever).

SO...the Lever acts as a Shift key which enables another layer of commands to the same buttons.

For example: DMS up can either act as DMS up in the Hog or it can act as Map view with Lever+DMS up.

I tried to keep the same second layers throughout the modules, though with some it's a bot different.

jgVplRQ.png

Ok i am italian and don t speack inglish very well, some times i have the necessity. Of more explain thanks

Inviato dal mio LG-D331 utilizzando Tapatalk

No problem mate...and...nothing to apologize for!

My pleasure :)

jgVplRQ.png

I've been using the F-15C profile successfully and am very thankful for it! I've just bought the A-10C module and I've loaded the A-10C profile for my Warthog joystick and throttle, and my Saitek Combat pedals. When in the cockpit I can move the stick back and forth (pitch) OK but it won't move side to side. Similarly the throttle won't move. What am I doing wrong?

PS In the cockpit I can see that all the button assignments are correct because when I move the switches and press buttons on the throttle and stick the corresponding cockpit buttons move. I also go into 'Tune Axis' and I can see the axis move when I move them on the controllers. However, I don't see them move in the cockpit. Ideas?

Edited by pengjn

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh:

Axis assign?

Inviato dal mio LG-D331 utilizzando Tapatalk

Problem solved - the assignments are all correct. The throttle problem was because I'd never used the off/idle raise movement and the roll problem seems to be that the stick won't move left or right without hydraulics. I have the engines running now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Whereabouts can I find the Graphical Layout for the A-10C control assignments? In the folder I find A-10A, F-15C, etc, etc but no A-10C?

• 2 weeks later...

Polaris1

I am getting ready to learn the Huey and was reviewing your input controls for the TM WH. I noticed that the joystick inputs are in both the UH-1H folder and the UH-1H GUNNER folder. How does that work? Will the latter folder overwrite the former or just supplement it? I know you have suggested to hold off on these profiles, but I am just getting an understanding of the controls while I review the manuals and Youtube videos.

• 1 month later...
can anyone explain me how i can map a keypress to the second trigger of the warthog (TG2) which lasts for 5 seconds?

tbh, i dont really get the scripting...

It can be done with Thrustmaster's Target scripting.

This thread is about direct assignments, either through DCS setup or through DCS lua files, which has nothing to do with Target.

Sorry.

jgVplRQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update...

Finished updating all but two modules, layouts and instructions.

Hope to post updated package in the coming days.

The package shall be updated from scratch to the latest 1.5 build.

It shall contain no new modules.

jgVplRQ.png