DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

i want the profiles for the f15 and SU 27 only since those are the only module i have can i just copy the F15 and su 27 folder inside the input folder or do i have to copy the whole folder . and if i copy the whole thing wouldn't that replace my Track ir ( i see a track ir folder inside )

Edited by simo1000rr

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As written in the first post of the thread the use of the profiles is not advised for versions 1.5 beta and 2.0 alpha.

The package was made for the final stable version 1.2.

When it was usable the method was indeed to copy only the folders of the modules you actually needed and owned and not all.

As for the TrackIR...it only attaches the zoom in the outside world to the throttle's slider within DCS options.

It doesn't interfere with its profile within the TrackIR program.

Again...the F-15 is one of the profiles I found to have problems with current none final versions and I advise you to not use it.

jgVplRQ.png

As written in the first post of the thread the use of the profiles is not advised for versions 1.5 beta and 2.0 alpha.

The package was made for the final stable version 1.2.

When it was usable the method was indeed to copy only the folders of the modules you actually needed and owned and not all.

As for the TrackIR...it only attaches the zoom in the outside world to the throttle's slider within DCS options.

It doesn't interfere with its profile within the TrackIR program.

Again...the F-15 is one of the profiles I found to have problems with current none final versions and I advise you to not use it.

thanks for your quick answer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys, i am using this profile and it is great.

The problem is that all the commands using Pinkie switch do not work? I Can not figure why.

More over, on the DCS Command Configuration Page, all the the "Pinkied" commands appear in red? Does it mean/confirm that there is a problem?

thank's for your help.

I am using this profile on versions 1.5 and 2.0.. Could it be the origin of my problem (as it is mentionned on previuos posts?)

My Congig: OS Win7.

My Device: HOTAS WARTHOG from THRUSTMASTER

Edited by Kazar

MS Windows 7 64 Bits SP1

Intel Core2Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

You need to add the Pinky switch as a modifier (and name it "Lever") in the controls section of each module you are using with these profiles, if you have done this correctly your red lines should disappear.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

You need to add the Pinky switch as a modifier (and name it "Lever") in the controls section of each module you are using with these profiles, if you have done this correctly your red lines should disappear.

Thank you very much for your answer and your help

MS Windows 7 64 Bits SP1

Intel Core2Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Negative.

Work is not done with modules which are not mastered.

The main goal of this project is to help new comers with a shallower learning curve.

It is not meant to profile each and every module...though there were attempts to accomplish that with 3rd parties...which didn't work.

jgVplRQ.png

Any suggestions/recommendations for F15C Warthog profiles until Polaris releases support for DCS 2.0??

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

If I may...though the profiles themselves are not ready for current DCS versions...there are the graphical layouts within the package...download the package>extract the graphical layouts...and just program the different buttons and switches according to the assignments in them.

jgVplRQ.png

If I may...though the profiles themselves are not ready for current DCS versions...there are the graphical layouts within the package...download the package>extract the graphical layouts...and just program the different buttons and switches according to the assignments in them.

:thumbup: Day 1 on DCS. Day 1 on Warthog HOTAS. You've just saved me a bunch of pain, thank you.

DCS 2.0 NTTR, EVGA GTX980 Ti Hybrid, 4790k, 16GB, 27" Apple Cinema Display, Thrustmaster HOTAS, Saitek Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 and...Oculus Rift CV1.

Complete noob .:doh:

Hi,

I want to install the profile for the A10C and did the following procedure:

1) Save input file to…C:\Users\Owner\Saved Games\DCS\Config

2) Modifier button -- > change the name to "Lever"

however when I load the game. DCS don't use the config file. I start with the default hotas settings. When I click on Load configuration and select the wharthog stick it only works for the stick and not for the Throttle.

could you tell me what I do wrong?

Tx!

Please don't use current profiles within the package due to incompatibility with current DCS version.

The profile itself is very close to the original, with a few custom commands.

As for the problem itself...in order for a module to "know" there is an input file within the saved games folder you must create one first by making any change to the input settings of that module and save them.

That action creates an input file which can be replaced with any other custom input file.

jgVplRQ.png

Well...I started working on the new update and had most of the work done when ED released the new update.

Since I make everything from scratch after every update before I release it here I'm afraid it shall take more time than promised.

When?

In due time.

Sorry

jgVplRQ.png

Stang,

1. You're welcome.

2. The F-15 is one of the modules that is a confirmed none compatible with cureent versions.

It works but you shall have problems changing anything for it uses assignments which do no exist anymore and doesn't use others it should.

Read my first post.

3. Wheel brakes...they are all the same...for western aircrafts only (Russian aircrafts and German WWII use a different system).

It's in the axis section and you assign it left and right reversed for each pedal.

But...since you can not make changes it won't help you.

4. Nose wheel steering is not the same in all aircrafts and each has its own system.

The Eagle has three options: one is active all the time at a reduced angle, one is activated with a push of a button and it makes the steering angle bigger and the last one frees the front wheel completely which enables it to turn on a dime.

My advice is simple...delete the folder, restart the sim, delete each category and build it afresh.

You have the graphical layout so use it...it will only take a few short minutes.

jgVplRQ.png

• 4 weeks later...