DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Thanks ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Hey Polaris,

just a question. Really just quesiton - no critism. What made you prefer ingame setup over target gui?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I think coz all command / pov / slider is perfectly recognized by dcs. U just start the game and fly. So u can get only one target profile for com or center/stop trackir. ... but this is only my opinion

yea, that's one advantage

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Hey Polaris,

just a question. Really just quesiton - no critism. What made you prefer ingame setup over target gui?

That's one good question Atelophobia !

There are two approaches to using this HOTAS: in game and Target.

When I started flying DCS the general consensus in the community was that the DCS UI is far superior to Target's and manages to give one most of what is needed.

So...I just followed suit and did the same.

Target does give more options but one has to learn its scripting lingo which is as friendly as an irritated amstaff.

There are some in the community who does use it though.

In BMS the approach is the opposite and the community prefers using Target.

So...there is no right and wrong and the bottom line is that in DCS there's not much difference between the two...just choose what suits you.

jgVplRQ.png

Thanks for the answer Polaris! I just still havent used my warthog to full potential but if I ll do I want to do it as good as possible. Target really intimidates me but maybe it would pay off to learn the basics once. However Id prefer a full set of profiles out of one hand. Looks like you are the only one coming close to this

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

Some perspective if I may concerning "I haven't used my warhog to full potential"...

The main purpose of the stick is to guide the aircraft.

The main purpose of the throttle is to adjust power.

As simple as that.

I know guys who fly a stick that is almost as simple as a broom stick, have a throttle that has maybe 5 simple buttons and fly like demons and better than many I know.

Yes you can learn Target and program a new script...but will the time and energy spent doing it in DCS (with its available UI) worth it?

Not in my opinion.

The HOTAS is a tool and nothing but a means to an end...which is flying.

Become a better pilot, learn your plane, learn your SOPs, learn your tactics and then, if you have the time, invest time in it.

Just my two cents mate...for I as others had fallen into that darken pit of investing far too much time in what we fly instead of actually flying...

Just find the right balance.

jgVplRQ.png

Dear Polaris,

first of all thanks for the great work ! Your profiles are very helpful indeed.

I had the same problem as some others already posted, i.e. different hex identifier for the Hotas Warthog (even though I did not have the Saitk X52 installed; but some other stuff from Saitek). Could change these numbers in the file name, though, and thereafter the profiles would work.

But even after reading thru the entire postings regarding your profiles I still can´t get the custom controls to work. I did install them as instructed with JSGME, but they will not show up anywhere, neither in the Controls section nor in the Specials Tab and the buttons/switches will not have the functionality as laid out in the layout documentation . I had one other Mod installed (English Cockpit for SU-25T) the same way (via JSGME) and this just works fine, so I assume I did everthing correct. What did I miss ?

Kind regards

Dirk

Bullseye66,

Thanks for your appreciation :)

As for the custom controls...

1. Follow the instructions of the JSGME post to the letter

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1622052&postcount=1

2. The custom controls add commands to the Options > Controls in 3 modules and them only: TF-51D, P-51D, UH-1H.

When done properly the new commands are preceded by the word "Alternate".

I think it's needed to activate the custom controls before adding the new input data but I'm not sure about that.

Either way I think you probably miss something concerning the JSGME...usually something small and annoying ;)

Good luck.

jgVplRQ.png

Some perspective if I may concerning "I haven't used my warhog to full potential"...

The main purpose of the stick is to guide the aircraft.

The main purpose of the throttle is to adjust power.

As simple as that.

I know guys who fly a stick that is almost as simple as a broom stick, have a throttle that has maybe 5 simple buttons and fly like demons and better than many I know.

Yes you can learn Target and program a new script...but will the time and energy spent doing it in DCS (with its available UI) worth it?

Not in my opinion.

The HOTAS is a tool and nothing but a means to an end...which is flying.

Become a better pilot, learn your plane, learn your SOPs, learn your tactics and then, if you have the time, invest time in it.

Just my two cents mate...for I as others had fallen into that darken pit of investing far too much time in what we fly instead of actually flying...

Just find the right balance.

I think you did hit the nail on it's head

Polaris & Schnix,

Mates, I just want to thank you guys for this wonderful, immensely helpful and selfless service to the DCS community...:thumbup:

Being a noob I really appreciate these ready profiles... and they have made a deep positive difference to my simming ...:pilotfly:

Much appreciated ... :worthy::notworthy::v:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Dear Polaris,

thank you for your response. I could fix the problem by reinstalling the custom controls und re-loading your original profiles once more, thereafter. Probably it was just to late evening / morning hours (2:30 am local time).

I enjoy flying the Huey greatly, now !

Could I use your code regarding 3-position switch in the Huey module for the Alternate Armament to do something comparable with the same switch in other modules for fixed wing aircraft, i.e. flap control (up, start, fully extended) ?

Regards

Dirk

Dear Polaris,

thank you for your response. I could fix the problem by reinstalling the custom controls und re-loading your original profiles once more, thereafter. Probably it was just to late evening / morning hours (2:30 am local time).

I enjoy flying the Huey greatly, now !

Could I use your code regarding 3-position switch in the Huey module for the Alternate Armament to do something comparable with the same switch in other modules for fixed wing aircraft, i.e. flap control (up, start, fully extended) ?

Regards

Dirk

Dirk,

You're welcome !

As for the toggle switches...it's not a code, yet alone my code.

It's actually a very small manipulation of a lua file with all the commands as set by each module's programmers.

Since the toggle switches are not the subject of this thread I would refer you to the following:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

You will find there all the guidance you seek in the matter.

Good luck and enjoy.

jgVplRQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Polaris1

I notice that for the Huey, you have two folders, one labeled UH-1H and one labeled UH-1H-for 1.5. Is the latter for both the 1.53 release and 1.53 beta and the former for the alpha 2.0?

I notice that you no longer have a separate profile for the gunner. Some of the gunner commands seem to be assigned to the mouse in the regular prolile, but I could not locate the Gun left/right or the Gun up/down commands.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Polaris!

I just want to shout this out! Fantastic work! My simpit and me cannot be happier. This setup have made me fly more and spend less time configuring :D

The level of engagement you do for this community is... awesome!

Thanks!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

100% Newbie here. But I did read all 18 pages first before posting question.

Q1. Is step 2 "Install JSME" necessary if I am not using Custom Control ? I actually don't know what Custom Control in this context means.

Q2. Without installing JSME (i.e. Step 2), I was able to import profile but got a lot of red highlight in the control panel. And for example the view function like joystick button 12 for F2 Aircraft view and other buttons do not work also. Is it because I did not install JSME ? As i delete the entire module folder, replace with the downloaded one, clear all the binding under throttle and joystick, and then import. So it should be very clean.

Appreciate correction and direction to continue.

Red2.JPG.848bdb1e933aef3c84a59db65367e8a8.JPG

Red1.JPG.ac3c799b9d8122a6fe4be2839de9836f.JPG

I had this as well and I found it was because I hadn't added the warthog joystick lever to the list of modifiers. Once I added it they went away.

Edit: make sure you name it "lever"

Edited by skarden

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Thanks Shaken. That works and understands the logic a little better now. Reading back Polaris' original instruction makes more sense now. For now, remaining question is what steps 2, "Install JSM" does. When do we need it ? Sounds like it is a Mod ?

100% Newbie here. But I did read all 18 pages first before posting question.

Q1. Is step 2 "Install JSME" necessary if I am not using Custom Control ? I actually don't know what Custom Control in this context means.

Q2. Without installing JSME (i.e. Step 2), I was able to import profile but got a lot of red highlight in the control panel. And for example the view function like joystick button 12 for F2 Aircraft view and other buttons do not work also. Is it because I did not install JSME ? As i delete the entire module folder, replace with the downloaded one, clear all the binding under throttle and joystick, and then import. So it should be very clean.

Appreciate correction and direction to continue.

angelmonk,

1. JSGME is not mandatory, yet it enables more options for the Warthog switches...as explained in length by me in this thread.

It is my advice to use the mods attached if it is your intention to use the P-51D, TF-51D or UH-1H.

Explanations of where to read and what to do with them is in the instructions attached in the package.

2. The "Lever"/ modifier stage is explained in depth in the instructions attached in the package:

"One more a must have action before you fly: Some keys I use for more than one acion and that is done with

adding a modifier...a lever that when held you can use any button on the HOTAS for executing another action.

So...after you had replaced the input folder go into DCS>settings(each and every module's setting)>push the

Buttom left Modifier button>push add button>choose joystick at the top option>pull the lever in front of your

pinky>name it "Lever">save."

So...follow the instructions attached....then if you don't understand something read the thread from the beginning (it's not that long) and if you don't understand something I'll be sure to help...

jgVplRQ.png