can we have a February Monthly update :)

plehmann

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ guys, does it actually matter when it comes out?

LN have said they do an update when they've got things to update us with, ergo, they will post their update when it's ready.

Banging on about it being the end of the month isn't helping anyone when they're probably tied up with the issues the latest patch has just brought to the public release.

If they don't want complaints they shouldn't sign up for timelines they can't keep. I never complain about anything here, especially not LNS as I have a lot of respect for them, but they brought this upon themselves. It's a newsletter, they've known for a month that it was expected by the end of this month -- it's not like they're trying to release a module, etc. that is a race to the finish line -- it's just a matter of typing some updates, taking some screenshots, and maybe doing a teaser video. To empower people to complain more, there have been follow up promises from Cobra on timing last week and this week, if I recall correctly. All of this is a catalyst for creating expectations. Expectations lead to complaints and unhappiness when they aren't met.

Nonetheless, I'm sure they will get it out soon and I'm sure it will be full of great info. I'm just people have the right to complain at this point if they want to do so, IMHO.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

No, but neither did I. What I'm saying is that not all the leatherneck staff is capable of dealing with the issues the module still has. You can't ask a modeler to debug code for instance. Instead, have him working on other projects, that will save time.

I see ,but I am pretty sure that at LN all of them are working on new project and in spare time fix little bit of Mig-21, otherwise how can you explain that we don't have a radical improvement in Mig-21? it just some small things that they fix. if what they claim on the Mig-21 ( that it was basically re-done from scratch in 1 year, or 1.5 year do not exactly remember) is true and not to have a radical improvement in 6 month is ridiculous.

Well, the funny thing is that once the newsletter is out, we're done reading it in about ~3 minutes, and then we're so stoked that we want to see screenshots and videos and details about the F-14. We're never satisfied until we finally get to fly the Tomcat, dangling from one spoon fed morsel of information to the next...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I see ,but I am pretty sure that at LN all of them are working on new project and in spare time fix little bit of Mig-21, otherwise how can you explain that we don't have a radical improvement in Mig-21? it just some small things that they fix. if what they claim on the Mig-21 ( that it was basically re-done from scratch in 1 year, or 1.5 year do not exactly remember) is true and not to have a radical improvement in 6 month is ridiculous.

What radical improvements, exactly, would you like?

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

MiG-23K Duckbill, F-14 Tomcat, (Cats and Ducks) both variable geometry wing ("sort of" fixed wing), carrier capable and similar era. So what's the third one? Hype train rolling for an F111, but my guess is a land-based -23 variant like the MLD. Back in 6 months to see if I'm right :)

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I agree with your point. However, we must keep in mind that we are getting excited about a piece of software, no need to get angry about it.

Agree 100%, sadly this is some people's primary happiness in life...so it's serious business to them, not so serious to us. Different priorities in life, I guess.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

From Hoggit:

TheSkipjack95

2am in paris. I'm afraid to go to sleep and miss the announcement

Cobra8472

Go to sleep. :)

:( Hype is in a flat spin, heading out to sea.

*edit*

Cobra8472

Did we miss our update? Or is it still February?

While it's still Feb somewhere in the world, there is hope! http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/baker-island

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

What radical improvements, exactly, would you like?

Well I think you know better then me what has to be fixed, I am not gonna list all the issues, you can take a look on a bug and problem list on this forum, so pretty much everything is listed there , and I believe that should be fixed and it should be done first place. Otherwise your phrase " What radical improvements, exactly, would you like?" sounds like there is nothing else to be fixed, than if it is so , why is it still in Beta? No offence though ( you guys did great job, but this job counts complete when everything is complete and fixed), I think this is legitimate question, as I am a costumer and I do care to get a complete product. :music_whistling:

Edited by Dikigonzo

Well I think you know better then me what has to be fixed, I am not gonna list all the issues, you can take a look on bug and problem list at this forum, so pretty much everything is listed there , and I believe that should be fixed and it should be done first place. Otherwise your phrase " What radical improvements, exactly, would you like?" sounds like there is nothing else to fix, than if it is so , why it is still in Beta? No offence though ( you guys did great job, but this job counts complete when everything is complete and fixed), I think this is legitimate question, as I am a costumer and I do care to get complete product. :music_whistling:

I'm not quite sure I understand. The vast majority of bugs listed in the bugs subforum have been resolved months ago.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The problem with what you are saying, is that things tend to break or get changed and need further tuning as DCS is updated in each iteration. So realistically, your asking for the product to never have any issues at all, which might not actually be feasible.

well if what you are saying is true then DCS is eternal Beta and that is so sad , every time I update I am afraid that there will be some new issues and that is irritating. on some updates you have re activate modules spending activations. maybe ED should return to single sim practice like DCS A-10C DVD or Ka-50 DVD versions. this mix up makes a lot of trouble and confusion. although this are just my vocalized thoughts

well if what you are saying is true then DCS is eternal Beta and that is so sad , every time I update I am afraid that there will be some new issues and that is irritating. on some updates you have re activate modules spending activations. maybe ED should return to single sim practice like DCS A-10C DVD or Ka-50 DVD versions. this mix up makes a lot of trouble and confusion. although this are just my vocalized thoughts

I would much rather continual improvement, with the risk of having some small bugs introduced.

I'm not quite sure I understand. The vast majority of bugs listed in the bugs subforum have been resolved months ago.

As you can see there are main problems with flight model ,radar and avionics that are not fixed, flight dynamics , stall parameters ,etc they are not fixed, I do not really care that much about small graphical issues as for me it is more impotent to get as real as possible radar and avionics function, and flight dynamics. And as you know there are some major issues with that.

All what I am saying is to fix this stuff , Finalize Mig-21 and then start working on the new project , that is my opinion. once again no offence just my point of view of situation.

Well, this "eternal Beta" is awesome then. We're not seeing the end of it and yet it's filled with great modules like LN's.

IMO there is no reason to complain, they (LN) are reactive to fix things and their module is mature enough to provide tons of entertainment.

Of course there is some caveats and bugs, but not enough to be that harsh.

If you are seeking a true simulation that is suitable for professional training, the funding is just not there (I don't know the price for an IPT but I'm pretty sure it's more expensive that $60 + hardware)...

Are you aware that if they followed your model, they would never release anything at all?

There is no such thing as perfect, bug free software, period. Too many variables. And of course new bugs will be introduced when the environment (DCS World) changes. Going back to the single-aircraft-whole-new-game model makes no sense now that we have third parties going into the mix. In fact, it would not make any sense at all because they would need separate teams to support different games. Your thouhgts feel very selfish to me, because the whole suffers.

The current model works, and it will work even better with the new engine, which was conceived from the begginning with this level of modularity in mind.

Wait and see.

[sIGPIC]hi[/sIGPIC]