An Eye for an Eye v0.9- Single player/2 player for F-15C

Thanks, leadlag!

Be sure to check back often! I am holding off on posting the final mission of the campaign until I get all my new VOs in, and make the edits to the previous missions I mentioned a few posts ago.

I'm really excited to say one of our DCS community members with some military comms experience has volunteered to help me fine tune the operational dialog, so expect a major increase in the quality of the radio traffic. In addition, look for several other changes to streamline gameplay and help with those experiencing frame rate issues due to my penchant for ridiculous theatrics with hundred of ground units.

Hang tight, kids, we're in the home stretch!

Hey Zionid, unfortunately I haven't heard from my script volunteer in a couple of weeks. I don't want to bug the gentleman, as I'm sure he is a busy man.

Or maybe he just saw my attempts at operational dialogue and threw his hands up in defeat. :lol:

If I don't hear from him soon there is still a plan B in place (it used to be plan A ;) )

8/9 update:

I'm still waiting on some VOS to come in, but I haven't been slacking while I wait. ;)

I've added most of the fixes on the list, and the other ones will go once VOS are in so I can tune timing at the same time. If anyone has anything to report regarding missions 10 & 11, now would be an excellent time...

Aside from all things EfaE, I've been collaborating with a squad mate on a new one-shot co-op mission, which is nearly complete. For all you mud movers that have been curious about my missions, keep an eye on the missions forum!

I'm not spilling all the beans yet, but this will be an integrated air-air/air - ground co-op mission. Primary aircraft are 4xA-10C and 2-4x F15C, but there will also be 4xSu25T and 4xKA50 slots available. The A-A tasking will scale to the number of Eagle pilots present, with engagements set for 0 Eagles, 1-2 Eagles, or 3-4 Eagles, and will be reflected in the voice overs.

Like most of my missions, this is a pretty tightly scripted affair not intended to be left running on a server, but I hope it will still be a great candidate for Squadron Nights for small-medium VFS's.

You're quite welcome, Beamrider, glad you're enjoying the missions!

While I'm posting, I'll throw in a quick update-

The primary gentleman who had volunteered the help with scripts and VOs is unfortunately very busy at the moment, and has been unable to spare any time to work on things.

In light of this, I'm going to go ahead and release the final mission, as well as updated versions of the previous missions, which will include several updates to streamline gameplay and help with performance issues in missions with extensive AI background activity.

I still hope to update the comms and add new voice actors at some point in the future, but look for updated missions and a functional campaign mode soon! I won't have time to work on things over the next few days, but I hope to be able to release the partially updated campaign either late next week or the week after.

• Like 1

Hey Jers!

This looks like a really great resource you're putting together!

If I could ask you to, please hold off on adding the campaign to your database until it's finished (which will be very soon!) I'd like to try to keep the version control manageable.

Once I release version 1.9 of the campaign I plan to add the files to the ED user files section, and would also love to be a part of your missions collection! I see users can add to your database themselves, so I can take care of it if you would just be so kind as to delete the existing entries.

Looking forward to browsing the collection, looks like a very well put-together database!

Edited by feefifofum

Hey Jers!

This looks like a really great resource you're putting together!

If I could ask you to, please hold off on adding the campaign to your database until it's finished (which will be very soon!) I'd like to try to keep the version control manageable.

Once I release version 1.9 of the campaign I plan to add the files to the ED user files section, and would also love to be a part of your missions collection! I see users can add to your database themselves, so I can take care of it if you would just be so kind as to delete the existing entries.

Looking forward to browsing the collection, looks like a very well put-together database!

not a problem, ill take care of it tonight!

• Like 1

Sorry for continuing to tease you guys, but I've been adding a things here and there and it's taking a little longer than expected (as usual :lol: )

I swear, I'm almost finished. :D

Looks great, I'm debating whether I should download now or wait until you're done

Allow me to make the decision a little easier, Chann3l :)

All individual campaign missions have been uploaded and updated to version 1.9! I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to get the campaign builder to work, but I didn't want to keep people waiting in the meantime, as I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs in the new versions of the missions, especially any that were problematic in the past! I've settled down the flight lead in mission 3 quite a bit, but he still behaves a little strangely; once afterburner restrictions in DCS 1.5 hit, I'll be sure to update that mission so he acts like a normal human.

Allow me to make the decision a little easier, Chann3l :)

All individual campaign missions have been uploaded and updated to version 1.9! I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to get the campaign builder to work, but I didn't want to keep people waiting in the meantime, as I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs in the new versions of the missions, especially any that were problematic in the past! I've settled down the flight lead in mission 3 quite a bit, but he still behaves a little strangely; once afterburner restrictions in DCS 1.5 hit, I'll be sure to update that mission so he acts like a normal human.

Excellent I'll download them all tonight and give them a go when I get a chance. :pilotfly:

Finished the first 3 missions tonight, good stuff. Though I couldn't help myself on the first mission, just had to take down the plane. Second mission was awesome. Good target practice with the Canon and got used to bore sight mode. Excited to see what the rest of the missions bring.

• 4 weeks later...

Found a little bug you might wanna take care of. In the mission where the F-15's are enforcing the No-fly zone (The one with the Tornadoes), the USN F/A-18's are sporting Agressor paintschemes. You might wanna change them to VFA-94 for a proper navy livery:) Other than taht- still having fun with the campaign:)

Thanks, Zionid!

While I definitely tried to keep single player balance in mind, this was intended as a co-op campaign. Glad to you're continuing to enjoy it!

Hot or not, I get shot down more often than I'd care to admit in my own missions :lol: There are a few deliberately brutal encounters but you have to get the blood pumping once in a while, right?

I've got another, larger format multiplayer mission in the cooker that I'm almost confident enough to post, I need to drag the gents in my squadron through it a couple more times before I'm ready to call it "working."

I suppose a little tease wouldn't hurt...I stumbled across this news article a few months back and thought "hmmm...take a few liberties with the facts and you've got a pretty decent premise for a joint op."

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/isis-reportedly-has-fighter-pilots-flying-migs-over-syr-1647549076

OpenBeta 1.5 issues and fixes

Hello feefifofum!

First of all, a big thank you for all your work on this campaign! I've enjoyed it in 1.2 and now I'm trying it out for 1.5.

The first issue I've encountered is a minor one. Mission loadouts with AIM120s are broken. This is fixed easily by recreating the intended loadout in each mission.

The second issue is the major one. Missions 4 to 12 hang at the loading screen. Missions 1 to 3 do not exhibit this issue.

I've investigated and found the problem, and the solution as well.

I noticed that when trying to resave a problematic mission, it was not being saved properly. Looking at the log files, the mission editor was trying to save into the .miz (zip) archive a non-existing file: a file with an empty name. The file in question is the mission initialization script, which actually none of your missions use. However, the mission files that freeze on load, have initScriptFile set to "" (the empty string). My guess is that 1.5 has ceased to treat this as not having an init script and tries to load a file with an empty name.

The solution is simple. Go to each problematic mission, and before resaving it hit the RESET button for the INITIALIZATION SCRIPT in the mission editor. You can fix the mission weapon loadouts before saving as well.

After doing this fix, missions 4 to 12 now are loading correctly.

I have only played through missions 1 to 3 so far. They appear to be working well (once you fix weapon loadouts). An upside in mission 3 is that you can follow the friendly Mig more easily, because it changes course much more smoothly.

Once again, thank you for this campaign and all your hard work. It was amazing in 1.2 and so far it seems even better in 1.5.

Keep up the good work!

P.S.

I can post the fixed mission files upon request.

• Like 1