Chinese localization

blackbelter

Dear community,

Eagle Dynamics is expanding into the Chinese market and we looking for a voluntary Chinese localization team.

Team member requirements:

At least 18 years old

Excellent Chinese language skills

Excellent English language skills

Determined and motivated team-players

Possible aviation background (knowledge of Chinese aviation terms)

What we offer?

A moderate workload within an international team

Access to the close beta of our simulations

If you think you have what it takes, please contact us via e-mail: matthias@digitalcombatsimulator.com

Eagle Dynamics

I have sent my email. Wish me luck :D

I have also sent my application and i'm really want to join in this team.And i'm also curious about what exactly he want us to do. To translate the cockpit and the manual?or the entire DCSW?....:D:huh:

Edited by mackurt

Fly when you ready

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX980M 16G X56

I have also sent my application and i'm really want to join in this team.And i'm also curious about what exactly he want us to do. To translate the cockpit and the manual?or the entire DCSW?....:D:huh:

I suppose mostly manual and user-interface translation. Cockpit, I am not sure... Probably not. Since English skills are required for us but not Russian skills, and since many DCS aircrafts have only Russian cockpits, I don't think cockpits will be translated.

I wonder when we'll see the outcome.

voice localization? That would be awesome

Since that isn't really 'translation' and they haven't done it for the other versions, I would guess not.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since that isn't really 'translation' and they haven't done it for the other versions, I would guess not.

never notice that dcs has en and ru voice only :(

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Voice translation? That would require an extra set of skills, which very few possess... But I admit that it would be awesome to have commands and communication in native languages.

Maybe in the future.

I don't expect that far. To me, text localization is a big step forward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I don't expect that far. To me, text localization is a big step forward.

During the FC2 times. some local chinese translate group had translated the voice message into chinese .

Fly when you ready

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX980M 16G X56

Well, if ED want into China they will add it to the available countries. Then there will be a place for voice files. You guys could then make new files. The voice files are are in open folders. You have access.

I don't know if the language structure is exactly the same, but I'm sure you could make it work somehow.