The 10 Commandments of Mission Design

Sabre-TLA

What Makes a Good Mission?

To help us come up with THE 10 COMMANDMENTS OF MISSION DESIGN we posed this question on the ED Forums here.

Many talented and experienced mission designers replied with their thoughts, opinions and recommendations. This document summarizes their responses. Many thanks to the following who contributed to this work: Home Fries , mwd2 ,Grimes , Pikey , Trailer , DarkCrow , Blooze , SiThSpAwN , Belgeode , ENO , MadDog-IC , snowsniper , Wrecking Crew , redterror , Exorcet , vicx , DarkFire , piXel496 , baltic_dragon , SDsc0rch , Andrew Chunis , svenvandevelde , WildBillKelsoe , Dutchy93 , Sabre-TLA

attachment.php?attachmentid=116313&stc=1&d=1428843542

Please review and provide feedback. Once the review is completed I'll post to ED's User Files section.

161696428_Copyof10CommandmentsofMissionDesign.jpg.1090f8a40eac98fd37582494b7eb17e9.jpg

10 Commandments of Mission Design.pdf

865721190_CopyofMyLatestUserBar.jpg.7de4015a3eb32fcdad37644b87fcd7ab.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I'm missing point three a lot on the most public servers. :(

(for example: A todays mission without AWACS/ GCI?/ F-15C vs. F-15C?) huh.gif

Thanks for the summery, though.

I can cross check it with my latest mission.

But I also wonder: The most missions out there seems to be designed very balanced between red and blue. Balancing isn't on the list (and shouldn't be IMO), so is it a major point by the player - not mission designers?

Kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

where are the other 5 commandments? :D

reminds me of mel brooks:

Moses - The lord Jehovah has given unto you these fifteen... (drops stone tablet) Oy. Ten! Ten commandments for all to obey!

joke aside, good idea, sometimes it's only hard to accomplish if you try to create missions for only 3-4 pilots that have 2-3 diffrent airframes they want to fly ;)

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

thy mission shall give credit where credit due.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL