TBS?!?!

Did anyone read the line on that site. It says 9 flyables, list all current flyables including the Ka-50 then says two more under development and lists them as the F-16 and F/A-18. :eek: So much for pie in.........

Plus whats this new FAC mode. We can be a ground spotter designating targets for fighters?

All I can say is there is a lot of future here. :thumbsup:

I think its projects for the defence market, eg stuff we won't get.

dang, i hope you are wrong,

ps- You can get it, just depending on how much money you want to spend

:thumbup:

Take a look at this...

http://www.thebattlesim.com/img/screenshots/large/shot_138.jpg

NOTICE HOW HIGH THE SMOKE IS RISING! WHY CANT I BUY THIS!

http://www.thebattlesim.com/img/screenshots/large/shot_97.jpg

NOTICE THE MASSIVE EXPLOSION!

Subs is right but as to the availablity to us... unknown.

We had the FAC capability in many beta builds a long time ago... worked great to lase a target from the ground and have the diamond appear on the A-10's HUD.

As you can see... Eagle has a lot going on besides just Black Shark.

dang, i hope you are wrong,

ps- You can get it, just depending on how much money you want to spend

:thumbup:

Take a look at this...

http://www.thebattlesim.com/img/screenshots/large/shot_138.jpg

NOTICE HOW HIGH THE SMOKE IS RISING! WHY CANT I BUY THIS!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the smoke isn't rising. That's just raining debris from a aircraft that's just been blown to bits.

sigzk5.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the smoke isn't rising. That's just raining debris from a aircraft that's just been blown to bits.

That is correct and in real life smoke doesnt go straight up smoothly they scatter all over the place and in one direction depending on wind

AND BTW WHAT IS THAT SITE ACTUALLY AND WHY CANT I LOGIN TO THE SITE WITH MY USER ID:pilotfly:

Not really good news, well not for us, unless some of the sim features get thro to public products, but once the military are buying a certain technology they dont like the same thing being sold to the public

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

I wonder why you guys keep saying that its gonna be sold to the military. Its not even modelled to the real deal. Just take a look at the planes avionics wise, lacking so much. OH DONT TELL ME THEY REVAMP THE ENTIRE AVIONICS FRAMEWORK FOR TBS?!?!

I think they are trying to make a few extra bucks off of their work, but I dont see that progressing very far. All they are doing is trying to sell LOMAC to the military. I dont think ED has anything to do with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder why you guys keep saying that its gonna be sold to the military. Its not even modelled to the real deal. Just take a look at the planes avionics wise, leaking so much. OH DONT TELL ME THEY REVAMP THE ENTIRE AVIONICS FRAMEWORK FOR TBS?!?!

I guess you missed the fully clickable cockpit in BS, plus all the other systems and features that helo will have? You think that technology is will only be applied to the helo?

Do you think that's air you're breathing now? Hm ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think they are trying to make a few extra bucks off of their work, but I dont see that progressing very far. All they are doing is trying to sell LOMAC to the military. I dont think ED has anything to do with it.

There's more to it than that. I suggest reading the web page for the features that are in TBS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I guess you missed the fully clickable cockpit in BS, plus all the other systems and features that helo will have? You think that technology is will only be applied to the helo?

Do you think that's air you're breathing now? Hm ...

You should know that the majority of the crowd have not even tried BS yet so we cant really judge right now "period" What im judging from is from FC stand point, that avionics wise, its lacking. From what i am able to see now, TBS are bundles of FC and BS with a totally revamped framework for the helo, just like what ED did to the su-25T. But you also just stated that the new technology will not only be applied to the helo. So are you trying to say that the current new technology of framwork are gonna be applied to the rest of the previous aircrafts too? If the answer is yes, then i totally say that its a good buy for the military. If not i guess its just a regualar sim for everyone and not solely for the military.

It'll be applied to whatever the military wants it to be applied.

For us, it'll be applied to the Ka-50 first, and then to whatever ED decides to do with it ... backporting the old fighters will -probably- happen, but that's a guess anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing

I'm assuming ED is involved in this. Not that I have anything against Russia, but the final stages of this project are probably going to go over like a lead balloon, at least as far as the A-10C program is concerned. IF they can pull it off, I wish them the best, but there are still many political obstacles to overcome.

It'll be applied to whatever the military wants it to be applied.

For us, it'll be applied to the Ka-50 first, and then to whatever ED decides to do with it ... backporting the old fighters will -probably- happen, but that's a guess anyway.

Then i guess you gave me new air to breathe

I honestly dont udserstand why you guys are complaing..? I guess if thats what you would like to call it, but im consirdeably happy with Lockon... wtih some disappointments here and there but o well... Im sure if it will be avible to us most of us will get it so just wait till it is actually realesed before you start dissing ED for someting.

Guest IguanaKing

Well...as already stated...the avionics DO suck. ;) I'm sure ED is getting tired of hearing that though, and its going to be one of the things they work on. They seem to me to be a bunch of aviation geeks who actually have a passion for putting out a product faithful to the genre...nothing wrong with that. AND...if we can help them reach their goal through our collective experience, then specific criticism is necessary. Remember guys...there's a fine line between informed criticism and un-informed bashing.

OK...I need to be specific too. ;) For starters, we need TACAN functionality, not just INS. Along with that, we need to have control over the HDG and CRS knobs on our HSI. :D