SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

EDIT: I found the root cause!

As I use 4k resolution and the desktop icons/text is hard to read, I've set the Windows option to scale the desktop to "middle" (125%).

When I updated .NET i remembered this problem with VB and VBA Applications, as Microschrott is not capable to handle scaling in most of their own applications!

...any chance to handle this in the code?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

EDIT: I found the root cause!

As I use 4k resolution and the desktop icons/text is hard to read, I've set the Windows option to scale the desktop to "middle" (125%).

When I updated .NET i remembered this problem with VB and VBA Applications, as Microschrott is not capable to handle scaling in most of their own applications!

...any chance to handle this in the code?

I set my desktop to scale 125% at Win10 64bit, but couldn't reproduce the problem.

Do you use Win7 64 bit?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I set my desktop to scale 125% at Win10 64bit, but couldn't reproduce the problem.

Do you use Win7 64 bit?

Yes, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

It happened in FullHD (1080p) as well.

As I can switch the scaling, if required, you shouldn't put too much effort into it.

As long as it isn't a regular bug affecting a lot of people, this is low prio.

When I have some time to investigate, I'll have a look and contact you guys via PM.

For now, maybe a note in the FAQ for others running into the same issue, should suffice. :)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So, seems we have a problem when the Desktop is scaled in Windows 7.

OK, I will not put much effort into it since in the latest Microsoft OS it works fine.

We have also some update issues in Windows 7. I hope, most of you guys, some day upgrade your Windows 7.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As soon as I can decide on subsequent "upgrades" and get a rollback option, I would consider an upgrade.

Shagrat

Yep, solely related to scaling...

Shagrat

• 4 weeks later...
sure but it is too long to post it to PM or here. I sent it via email form on http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.cz/p/simshaker.html page

I haven't got it.

I suggest you can attach it here as .txt file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok, here it is..

[ATTACH]137271[/ATTACH]

I can't tell for sure from this log what's wrong. I'm sorry.

Have you tried to switch off antiviral protection during installation? Some antiviral application may block deployment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't tell for sure from this log what's wrong. I'm sorry.

Have you tried to switch off antiviral protection during installation? Some antiviral application may block deployment.

Yes I did.

It is needed any specific HW for run the app? I have buttkicker, on board Sound card and 2nd Creative PCI card. (for SimVibe soft).

Is there any other way how to install Simshaker other than this download/run?

I mean if you can offer zipped folder or something to try to run?

Please try and report result

https://yadi.sk/d/6gJa_llmqWadT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, but I don't really want to trawl through 60 odd pages of discussion so if it's already been answered I apologize in advance.

Does this work if you use a usb headset as your main headphones and the onboard soundcard jacks for the buttkicker ?

Sorry, but I don't really want to trawl through 60 odd pages of discussion so if it's already been answered I apologize in advance.

Does this work if you use a usb headset as your main headphones and the onboard soundcard jacks for the buttkicker ?

Yes, this works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please try and report result

https://yadi.sk/d/6gJa_llmqWadT

Thank you, it is working now. Dont know how to set it properly, in DCS-A10C I feel perfectly ground effects on taxi, and a crash of my plane. But nothing else, no Gear UP/Down, no gun fire. I tried to increase values from 50 to 80% on both sliders but no difference.

Only run the Simshaker, set my soundcard (the one for Buttkicker) and just play.

Is it because of demo version or I have something wrong?

I like this app by the way, a lot.

EDIT: nevermind, just found it is a demo... Just donated $23 and emailed you the string for autorization key. Looking forward on it. SimShaker is exactly what I needed for my pit :)

Edited by Fillbiker

Thank you, it is working now. Dont know how to set it properly, in DCS-A10C I feel perfectly ground effects on taxi, and a crash of my plane. But nothing else, no Gear UP/Down, no gun fire. I tried to increase values from 50 to 80% on both sliders but no difference.

Only run the Simshaker, set my soundcard (the one for Buttkicker) and just play.

Is it because of demo version or I have something wrong?

I like this app by the way, a lot.

EDIT: nevermind, just found it is a demo... Just donated $23 and emailed you the string for autorization key. Looking forward on it. SimShaker is exactly what I needed for my pit :)

Yep, Force"Butt"back is incredible.

@ Andre - I had the same "Why does it not work with the Gun?" experience and only after a while found the hint on the Demo Version.

Maybe you should make a more prominent/obvious hint on startup if it is a demo! ...not sure if people may try it and decide against it, as they miss that particular point, when only ground bumps work. (I was close to skip it as "not working" before I noticed the small hint on the configuration dialog). ;)

Shagrat

Yep, Force"Butt"back is incredible.

@ Andre - I had the same "Why does it not work with the Gun?" experience and only after a while found the hint on the Demo Version.

Maybe you should make a more prominent/obvious hint on startup if it is a demo! ...not sure if people may try it and decide against it, as they miss that particular point, when only ground bumps work. (I was close to skip it as "not working" before I noticed the small hint on the configuration dialog). ;)

Thank you for the feedback, guys. I'll work on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]