"Buddy Spike" - DCS World Online Events

gregzagk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, since I understand removing the A-10C is a bad idea, how about limiting targeting pods?

Also, the fuel deal was made so that both fighters take about 5 minutes to refuel to full...a 0% Flanker would need about 7, has no ability to carry bags and cut this process short in a pinch and so on.

And this argument that "you can´t fight with bags on!" yes you can...disadvantaged, but then again you did just take off within a couple seconds rather then wait for 5 minutes, so you want to have your cake and eat it, too?

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

So, since I understand removing the A-10C is a bad idea, how about limiting targeting pods?

Also, the fuel deal was made so that both fighters take about 5 minutes to refuel to full...a 0% Flanker would need about 7, has no ability to carry bags and cut this process short in a pinch and so on.

And this argument that "you can´t fight with bags on!" yes you can...disadvantaged, but then again you did just take off within a couple seconds rather then wait for 5 minutes, so you want to have your cake and eat it, too?

If we're doing 80's only and you wanna get rid of targeting pods, you cool with giving away ka50's as well? They weren't around in the 80's.

Sent while I should be working instead.

forgive my naivety. I like the concept and I want to get involved. I connected the other day and followed the instructions to get me onto the blue team, my first experience was a little confusing, i had no idea what pak was about but it all made sense after i viewed the dynamic map. Also bearing in mind this was my first experience I spawned in to the same place a friendly huey had just taken off so thinking the area was safe I took my time with my little gazelle and just after a few minutes I've been blown up and lost a life already. When do lives regenerate? I think I read somewhere that it's after server restarts?

I'd quite like to get stuck in using the simple radio mod and from it's own forum thread it looks pretty simple (as the name suggests) to get going. My only concern is that I've not flown combat sorties in multiplayer. Lets hope there's somebody with enough patience to guide me through if i mess something up. kinda worried about IFF as both blue and red use similar assets in the sky but I've no idea about the ground. red tend to be in a darker camo I've noticed. any tips?

Thanks to the person(s) engineered this mission, certainly looks like I'm going to enjoy it :)

Thanks in advance for any replies to this noob's questions and comments.

Cheers

Would it be possible to have SA-3's along with the SA-8's to protect the bases? This would make it a bit more challenging for an A-10C instead of them being able to wipe a base out without ever putting themselves in harm's way.

On the flip side the SA-3's don't pose a threat for the attack choppers which is why the Gecko's should be kept in. It's really hard to approach these as a chopper without them firing on you.

Would it be possible to have SA-3's along with the SA-8's to protect the bases? This would make it a bit more challenging for an A-10C instead of them being able to wipe a base out without ever putting themselves in harm's way.

On the flip side the SA-3's don't pose a threat for the attack choppers which is why the Gecko's should be kept in. It's really hard to approach these as a chopper without them firing on you.

Agreed I do enjoy the challenge of evading a SA-8 and a SA-3

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

During the testing phase we moved on some changes/additions that you propably noticed already :

- Added Comm Arrays

- Added Simple radio icons & support on the Campaign's real time map webpage (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com)

- Tweaks on aircraft slots (numbers etc)

- Tweaks on ground units positions

- Tweaks on aircraft skins

- Replaced ZU-23 emplacements with Shilkas

- Removed all Mavericks except the D version

Comm Arrays

They consist new groups that include EWRs, Air defence units & Armed Houses.

Their purpose is to provide better picture to Ground commanders as they are placed in locations that had blind spots before.

Both sides can capture them as all other assets (Airbases, FARPs, Cities).

Simple radio:

Ciribob is on fire fixing issues reported and adding features in the Radio software. It's a great addition for the campaign and we highly recommend everyone to use it during the sessions for better immersion and to get more numbers in for better testing. Each pilot connected in the server & in the radio can see a "headset" icon next to his callsign in the map (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/). Our goal is to provide a frequency SOP so that communications will be more organized during the round.

To do:

- Add Gazelle L version in FARPs

- Tweak helicopters slots in airbases (Will add Gazelles to Gudauta too)

- Tweak AI airbase refueling process

- Provide the frequencies that both sides will use in Simple Radio during the campaign (ATC, GCI etc)

- Update the SOP pdf file

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I must say , so far Round 8 (testing) is by far the most fun i`v had on BlueFlag.

Thanks.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C's are well within the SA-8 range when engaging with 65D's and in most cases the SAM will engage you before you have a solid lock with the seeker head.

plus 1

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

A-10C only has Mav Ds.

And the back to the future TGP. No wonder someone was pissed because the ground units were moving.. geez... So much disrespect.

aAqUS08.jpg?1

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having only maverick d's solves this problem, not makes it harder. The D's we are forced to use now follow moving targets.

As I said in a previous post. The "back to the future" Tgp as you put it is no more out out of time frame than the Ka 50 or Su25t for a 1980s scenario. You want both of those to go away too or is it only blue hardware?

As I said in a previous post. The "back to the future" Tgp as you put it is no more out out of time frame than the Ka 50 or Su25t for a 1980s scenario. You want both of those to go away too or is it only blue hardware?

Sure...the SU-25T never really existed anyway and I don´t fly the KA-50. Again with the "Bias" bullshit. I was already wondering what the KA-50 was doing here.

KA-50 first flight 1982, in service 1995.

SU-25T first flight 1984.

A-10C in service 2006.

"The "back to the future" Tgp as you put it is no more out out of time frame than the Ka 50 or Su25t for a 1980s scenario."

Lol.

What now? Check your own bias.

I know why you don´t want to give it up, it´s an ESSENTIAL piece of tech the A-10C needs to do most of it´s 21st century magic...giving it up would make it an A-10A with a fancier cockpit and better navigation, do you serriously think this will make the A-10C worse then anything Red has, even if the SU-25T has a build in camera? You still have FLIR available with the Maveriks, but you can´t set 6 markpoints and launch all your damn Mavs at the same time.

Isn´t that what´s bugging people? That they´d actually have to put themselves in danger and actually have to put some effort in to waste an objective?

If I´d make an 80ies scenario, I´d scrap the A-10C completely, aswell as anything that wasn´t around at 89...but people already suggested removing the A-10C and people whined "nobody would play blue then!" So I´m willing to compromise and get shelled regardless by people who want to use tech that legitimately didn´t exist for 15 years after the supposed setting.

The A-10C with TGP is newer then the damn Amraam, so why don´t we give those back?

And also, what is the introduction date for the ER and ET again? I can´t seem to find any sources, but I´m pretty sure before the wall fell.

Fact is, when stuff gets scrapped for the Red side, it´s for balance (SEAD Missiles as blue has none(as if they needed any)) but when someone just asks "how bout them TGPs?", the A-10C crowd comes running that other stuff be taken out aswell to compensate.

Getting to damn pissy again. I should fly Bluefor and change my Sig, maybe then people wouldn´t immediately suspect bias.

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Neither moltar nor myself are upset with having maverick D's as the only option. I assure you we're both fine with it. The only issue either of us had until recently is that we weren't sure if the change was in fact, a change, or a bug.

Forgive me Greg, but without the docs that tell us what the frequency plan is, there's a bunch of xl and gadgets but no point in logging into SRS, it going to cause confusion and put people off. A simple temporary GCI blue/red frequency would be great right now, it's missing from the docs/app/webpage.

During the testing phase we moved on some changes/additions that you propably noticed already :

- Added Comm Arrays

- Added Simple radio icons & support on the Campaign's real time map webpage (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com)

- Tweaks on aircraft slots (numbers etc)

- Tweaks on ground units positions

- Tweaks on aircraft skins

- Replaced ZU-23 emplacements with Shilkas

- Removed all Mavericks except the D version

Comm Arrays

They consist new groups that include EWRs, Air defence units & Armed Houses.

Their purpose is to provide better picture to Ground commanders as they are placed in locations that had blind spots before.

Both sides can capture them as all other assets (Airbases, FARPs, Cities).

Simple radio:

Ciribob is on fire fixing issues reported and adding features in the Radio software. It's a great addition for the campaign and we highly recommend everyone to use it during the sessions for better immersion and to get more numbers in for better testing. Each pilot connected in the server & in the radio can see a "headset" icon next to his callsign in the map (http://gadget-buddyspike.rhcloud.com/). Our goal is to provide a frequency SOP so that communications will be more organized during the round.

To do:

- Add Gazelle L version in FARPs

- Tweak helicopters slots in airbases (Will add Gazelles to Gudauta too)

- Tweak AI airbase refueling process

- Provide the frequencies that both sides will use in Simple Radio during the campaign (ATC, GCI etc)

- Update the SOP pdf file

Greg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Having only maverick d's solves this problem, not makes it harder. The D's we are forced to use now follow moving targets.

Most hog pilots in DCS don't really know how to use the pave penny pod as its really a backup system for the a10s of today. I think it adds that extra layer of difficulty to the mission and forces people to try new tactics and really stretch their knowledge of an airframe and systems.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I know why you don´t want to give it up, it´s an ESSENTIAL piece of tech the A-10C needs to do most of it´s 21st century magic...giving it up would make it an A-10A with a fancier cockpit and better navigation.

This is why it needs to go, but adding better AA defenses would probably achieve the same affect. Basically something to slow them down.

Again I'll ask, when you get rid of this and the su25t, whats going to be left in the sky? And fwiw, chirnik, I dont care if they let you keep the sead missiles.

No issues with that here.

Edited by Beeroshima