impossible to use the weapon training on UH-1H

Redglyph

Hello,

Using UH-1H 1.2.16 (Steam) on Windows 7 x64.

HOTAS Warthog joystick & throttle, Saitek rudder pedals

TrackIR 5

I'm trying the training on weapons, but there are several bugs that prevent the user from going very far in it:

1) the flexible reticle does not move as told in the training: neither the numpad, nor the mouse (when switching with LAlt + C) can move the reticle, it's apparently stuck and won't move a bit;

2) it's not possible to move to the right gunner position (key 3), when clicking on 3 the view comes back to the left pilot after a visual glitch. There are no gunner at the back of the helicopter, not sure whether it's related or not (I didn't change the keyboard settings, 1,2,3 and 4 are still the view to the different seats on the helicopter);

3) the user has to guess which button to press, because in the training there are big yellow wireframe boxes, obviously purposed to indicate which control to switch. Those indicators block the view and it's not possible to see what is written on the console.

Could you please tell me what is wrong? Do you have a fix for that?

I had no real issue with the other parts of the training, except for item (3) which is very annoying but not blocking.

Thanks!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

1 - Try unchecking TrackIR aiming in the special options menu, then enable it again. It fixed that problem for me.

2 - Open cockpit doors (Right CTRL+C is default I think), use '/' to open intercom menu, Ground crew->rearm and put gunners in their seat. Edit - I think I got the correct slash. It's the one near the enter key on the keyboard.

3 - Dunno how to get around that one. Apart from zooming in I can't help you.

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

delete your saved games/dcs folder and remap. let us know how this works.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

1 - Try unchecking TrackIR aiming in the special options menu, then enable it again. It fixed that problem for me.

2 - Open cockpit doors (Right CTRL+C is default I think), use '/' to open intercom menu, Ground crew->rearm and put gunners in their seat. Edit - I think I got the correct slash. It's the one near the enter key on the keyboard.

3 - Dunno how to get around that one. Apart from zooming in I can't help you.

Hi,

yes, thats how it worked for me too!

Thanks for the replies!

1) The TrackIR aiming option allowed me to aim once I did as you suggested, that's a good progress! However I'd rather have mouse aiming, and this doesn't work if I turn the option off, I suppose I'll have to modify the control settings (not sure I can have mouse only enabled for the aiming and not for the regular camera view which is handled by TrackIR).

2) I found the menu, but re-arming only allows you to either have an empty setup or have the M21 and M158 that were already loaded on the hardpoints. I found no way to add gunners. I suppose I'll just skip the broken training and test it on a quick mission.

What surprised me is that the ticket support told me this module was developed by a 3rd party (I suppose Belsimtek), so there is apparently no way to report these bugs and have them patched...

I haven't tried to remove my user directory and restart from scratch, I'm not really keen on mapping all my controls again, but I'll test that with a backup just to see if that solves the problem. Many rough edges, this jewel ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

You don't need to modify controls. Just pause your TrackIR when you want to use mouse aim on the co pilot or gunners. That's how I do it.

The door gunners go on a seperate hard point. Refer to the picture that comes up. It will have the hard point numbers beside the gunners. I will post a screenshot when I finish work if you want.

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

You don't need to modify controls. Just pause your TrackIR when you want to use mouse aim on the co pilot or gunners. That's how I do it.

The door gunners go on a seperate hard point. Refer to the picture that comes up. It will have the hard point numbers beside the gunners. I will post a screenshot when I finish work if you want.

Ah, nice tip about the TrackIR! :D

Following your suggestion, I finally had to edit the mission to add an M60 on the hardpoint, it was simply missing and not available from the re-arm menu. And of course, since the training mentions "position 3", I added it there first, then realized it wouldn't satisfy the training state machine, and that instead it had to go to position 4... now the mission can advance to the next state.

Thanks again for the help!

EDIT: Now saw a report from last year on this issue... @Belsimtek: it's probably worth fixing, it just takes 2 minutes and would avoid everyone being stuck on a training mission.

Edited by Redglyph

Glad you got it working. Editing the mission would have been my next suggestion, but I've never done it, so I didn't know if it would work properly afterwards.

Happy flying with the Huey o7

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

It was quite easy, fortunately :)

I'll write the steps below, just in case someone looks for it in the future:

• Click on Mission Editor to open the editor from the main menu,
  • File / Open to open the training mission, UH-1H / Training / Weapons Employment / 1 / UH-1H-TR-weapons.miz,
  • Select the player's helicopter North of Kobuleti, it can also be done by clicking on View Unit List which is the 4th icon from the bottom, on the left panel, and selecting the first unit New Helicopter Group #001,
  • On the right panel, select the payload tab, that should display the items mounted on the hardpoints,
  • On the M134 line, in column 4, right-click and select PODS then M60 Gun Right Door to equip the gun that is missing, for this setup,
  • File / Save, and play the mission!

• 2 months later...

Hm, this is still broken in 1.5.

Not sure how to tell Belsimtek about those missions, they don't seem active in the forums and it's not possible to report this to ED either.

• 3 months later...

Yes this is an issue, this helicopter rocks, but not being able to report bugs... they don't seem active on Facebook as well :)

We should report this so they fix the mission ^^

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Now saw a report from last year on this issue... @Belsimtek: it's probably worth fixing, it just takes 2 minutes and would avoid everyone being stuck on a training mission.

The above quote was in 2015, so last year then was 2014

Tis now 2016 and i too have just gotten stuck in this mission.

C'mon Belsimtek, again as quoted above would only take a couple of minutes to fix it for good.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 3 months later...
i just tried this with openbeta 1.5.4 and all seats work for me, did you check your shortcut assignments etc?

AYBOCEM.jpg

Yes, tried that.

I will reinstall the module and see if that fix it.

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

• 6 months later...

Thanks, Redglyph for presenting a 'howto'. This way I'll fix it myself. (see post on previous page)

I also wonder why ED seems to be so ignorant about this old bug... I recently bought the Huey module and use it with DCS1.5.5 and it's still not fixed...

Don't they care about their customers ? If someone knows how to report bugs to them, pls let me know.

Edited by ZoscheHH

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

• 9 months later...

FYI

The only thing that has to be done to get it working with correct payload is to open the mission in ME, and save it.

That's it!

Don't touch anything!

Don't add any gunners manually!

Just save and leave!

But they never mention the Pilot Sight (RShift+M and RCtrl+M)...

And the "Right gunner seat" is entered by pressing 4, not 3 as instructed.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5